Sporty looking Mobilvetta K Yacht (1 Viewer)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
After trawling the internet for hours looking at different A class motorhomes, I found one on mobile.ed site that actually has a nice look, (I know looks aren't everything!)
It also has a cracking interior (from my computer anyway!) and a different layout to the rest.

Most of the A class I have found apart from the very very expensive or the 8 metre tags, all have front dinette, pull down bed over front driving seats and a rear fixed bed.

This one has the same at front, but a rear lounge with a fixed electric bed that comes down over the seating. Novel(y)
148 P.S, Auto
Automatic, on a 4250kg chassis
Brand new. All yours for 68 grand.

NO I'm not a salesman for Moblivetta:)

moblivetta.jpg
rear lounge.jpg
electric bed over lounge.jpg
dinette.jpg
kitchen.jpg

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Hi. Just new to this forum and indeed motorhome world. But have been watching and purchased a new k80 at motor show and just wondered a few things if anyone can help?
1 what are the max size for both lounge pop up and dinette wall tv's i can purchase?
2 which are the best gas bottles to purchase, i understand i can get 2 small ones in the 80 but which sort and go light for payload?
3 do you get the external shower house and gas hose or do i have to purchase these separate?
Thanks for any help.
Mark

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi. Just new to this forum and indeed motorhome world. But have been watching and purchased a new k80 at motor show and just wondered a few things if anyone can help?
1 what are the max size for both lounge pop up and dinette wall tv's i can purchase?
2 which are the best gas bottles to purchase, i understand i can get 2 small ones in the 80 but which sort and go light for payload?
3 do you get the external shower house and gas hose or do i have to purchase these separate?
Thanks for any help.
Mark

Mark, welcome for starters. The 80-version may be OK for you if you're a single traveller but if you want more than one person then you're likely to struggle if the van comes registered at 3.5T

Cheers,

Andrew

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thanks Andrew.
I did opt for the free upgraded payload. Is it 3690? Me the wife and dogs should be ok i guess? Any info on my questions?

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks Andrew.
I did opt for the free upgraded payload. Is it 3690? Me the wife and dogs should be ok i guess? Any info on my questions?

Hi Mark, it will be 3650kg which means that you will get 338kg + the extra 150kg from you up-plating the van so that's 488kg in total.

That said, I would remove at least 100kg of that as it'll be heavier than the stated MIRO for sure. Then remove a further 60kg for a TV, aerial and awning and a further 110kg for the passenger and the dog and you're now down to 218kg before any bikes, kit, water, food. Toothpaste etc.

Also, be aware that your rear axle is likely to be overloaded on this van before you get anywhere near the plated 3650kg limit so with that in mind you may only have an available payload of just a few kg, if that.

These big vans really struggle for usable payload so I would be very cautious about this purchase.

All the best,

Andrew

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We looked at That van last year and unfortunately payload was not up to much.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thanks for your reply and... optimism.
Think all these vehicles have this same issue though eh? Good job myself dogs and wife are small and fit then i guess.
I'll skip the awning in exchange for 3 boxes of beer and wine though...
Is there any other good news you wish to offer me on my purchased vehicle?

Reactions: dbw
Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
We looked at That van last year and unfortunately payload was not up to much.
Isn't this the same with all. .?
This comes with all bits added no extras required and as i purchased it for £66000 thought good value against something else I'd have to add all the bits, Ariel, solar panels and so on? This all adds weight to all vehicles surely?

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
This comes with all bits added no extras required and as i purchased it for £66000 thought good value against something else I'd have to add all the bits, Ariel, solar panels and so on? This all adds weight to all vehicles surely?

I'm sorry to say but some manufacturers build vans with usable payloads and some do not.

This may seem tremendously harsh but if I was you I would give some serious consideration to cancelling the order based on the van not being fit for purpose - Sales of Goods Act 2015.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nevis

Free Member
Sep 24, 2017
Scottish Borders
Funster No
Hi All,
We opted for the K Yacht Tekno Line 80 with Drop Down bed and upgraded 4400kg chassis after seeking advice on this forum. It's being built in April but as yet no delivery date. We ordered October last year via Marquis Durham but have had little information from them as yet.
Look forward to sharing info. and experiences!

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Hi All,
We opted for the K Yacht Tekno Line 80 with Drop Down bed and upgraded 4400kg chassis after seeking advice on this forum. It's being built in April but as yet no delivery date. We ordered October last year via Marquis Durham but have had little information from them as yet.
Look forward to sharing info. and experiences!

That was a fab idea to register @ 4.4T(y)

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Yes it does but unfortunately many struggle to remain legal.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Thanks Gus. Who does the random testing of these weights? Never seem anyone pull over a motor home and weigh it? I understand it's consequences but don't see how it can be checked?

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Thanks Gus. Who does the random testing of these weights? Never seem anyone pull over a motor home and weigh it? I understand it's consequences but don't see how it can be checked?

This is all about safety first. The Fiat Camper Chassis is designed with a maximum weight of 3650kg in mind and a max rear axle of 2000kg. It's not about being caught and checks, but your families safety.

EDIT: You only get 5 (or 10:D) free posts Mark(y)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
So on first time travelling a weigh yard is required i guess then after that all gravy. .

Good luck indeed Mark. We have a few examples of Funsters who have rejected their vehicles for payload issues so it may be worth you reading up on the process.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
I won't be rejecting mine. Will just be careful and watch what I'm loading like everyone else does. I'm looking forward to an A class vehicle for my first motorhome. My other options such as burstner744 with rear lounge had non of the kit available as extras and less payload. Thanks for your answers and might add negativity. I merely asked about tv sizes and simple questions, of which you've answered none.

Upvote 0

jimiol

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
Doonbeg Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coachbulit
Exp
beginner, I don't like the newbie term
Thanks for any help.
Mark
I have the MH 85,
Tvs not sure I don't have any, gas bottles I have 2 X 6kg gaslow refillable bottles with external fill point, external shower came with a hose, this is much better than the gimick I thought it would be, great for dogs and muddy boots etc, no hose supplied with external BBQ point, check your BBQ as it should or may have all you need.
Great MHs but you will have some faults as with most brand new vans.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
I won't be rejecting mine. Will just be careful and watch what I'm loading like everyone else does. I'm looking forward to an A class vehicle for my first motorhome. My other options such as burstner744 with rear lounge had non of the kit available as extras and less payload. Thanks for your answers and might add negativity. I merely asked about tv sizes and simple questions, of which you've answered none.
Indeed, why would you reject it, just been reading some fantastic reviews of the van in the press and they include comments like 'and provides a very respectable 490kg' based upon your chassis choice. They think it's respectable so should you. Beautiful van, sure you are gonna love it and have some great times in it. There aren't that many around at the moment so I would guess you are more likely to get an answer from a dealer or by visiting the dealer yourself. I personally have never visited a weighbridge, just try and store stuff sensibly and don't treat it like a white van e.g. Try and bring a pallet load of wine back, stick to 96 bottles or so. Good luck and enjoy

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Indeed, why would you reject it, just been reading some fantastic reviews of the van in the press and they include comments like 'and provides a very respectable 490kg' based upon your chassis choice.

I'm not quite sure why you would say respectable for a manufactures quoted 490kg payload figure (how accurate are they - not!!), when you haven't visited a weighbridge yet. These vans are heavy units and for someone to use the full 3650kg before the rear axle limit gives out is most likely impossible.

I think most people with this branded van would be worried to weigh the thing as they know what the result would be.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
If you don’t like the answers don’t ask the questions people are only trying to be helpful negative or not (y)(y)(y)

Upvote 0
Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
Hi Mark, I love the Italian style of this MH. I would probably dispense with TVs and just admire the interior.

My first priority would be to buy a cab carpet. I don't like the standard rubber floor I see in the pics I found online.

Upvote 0

Deleted User
If you don’t like the answers don’t ask the questions people are only trying to be helpful negative or not (y)(y)(y)
Seemed pretty negative to me, he wasn't even asking about payload, seems until jimiol stepped in you chose to ignore his questions and proceed to telling him he's bought a bummer. Personally i would go with the experienced staff at the motoring magazines who say he's got a damn good van.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Excuse me mate. I didn't ask or require a lecture 're payload. My questions were about tvs and shower hoses... so unless you know these i require no more answers from you. Cheers.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
I'm not quite sure why you would say respectable for a manufactures quoted 490kg payload figure (how accurate are they - not!!), when you haven't visited a weighbridge yet. These vans are heavy units and for someone to use the full 3650kg before the rear axle limit gives out is most likely impossible.

I think most people with this branded van would be worried to weigh the thing as they know what the result would be.

Again I'm not sure why you answered my query with negative payload answer.
I'll take your negativity on board and stick within my more than adequate weight whilst you get back to, I'm guessing your 40 year old twee fabric camper. Then learn to respect people that make there choices in life. Mark

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Personally i would go with the experienced staff at the motoring magazines who say he's got a damn good van.

.......and that's one of the main reasons why so many vans with really dodgy payloads are sold to people who know no better. The MoHo reviews in the various magazines should be included in the fiction department. The Mobilveta gets so many good write-up because it is sold by Marquis who just so happens to prop-up the advertising and print budget for PMH and MMM etc.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
I have the MH 85,
Tvs not sure I don't have any, gas bottles I have 2 X 6kg gaslow refillable bottles with external fill point, external shower came with a hose, this is much better than the gimick I thought it would be, great for dogs and muddy boots etc, no hose supplied with external BBQ point, check your BBQ as it should or may have all you need.
Great MHs but you will have some faults as with most brand new vans.
Good luck.

At last. Someone positive.
Thank you for your reply and actual answers to questions. I will also go with the 6kg bottles.
I only want tv's to plug in firestick for Amazon so guess I'll have to wait til i pick up and test. O.k. looking forward to shower to bath our dogs down after weeks. Cheers.

Upvote 0

Deleted User

Seems pretty much the norm looking at van specs. Cant answer your question about weighbridge, never been that interested. Cant answer your question about what manufacturers quote, however, I am sure there is some trade body you could take your findings to if you believe them to be that inaccurate, think you quoted 100kg

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Excuse me mate. I didn't ask or require a lecture 're payload. My questions were about tvs and shower hoses... so unless you know these i require no more answers from you. Cheers.

Generally the outside shower unit will come with the hose assembly.. The gas point probably won't come with a hose, but should have the connector to fit a hose onto.

No idea about payloads ;)

Nice van.. proper job.. almost as good as a Hymer :LOL: :cool:

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Indeed, why would you reject it, just been reading some fantastic reviews of the van in the press and they include comments like 'and provides a very respectable 490kg' based upon your chassis choice. They think it's respectable so should you. Beautiful van, sure you are gonna love it and have some great times in it. There aren't that many around at the moment so I would guess you are more likely to get an answer from a dealer or by visiting the dealer yourself. I personally have never visited a weighbridge, just try and store stuff sensibly and don't treat it like a white van e.g. Try and bring a pallet load of wine back, stick to 96 bottles or so. Good luck and enjoy

Thanks for your reply. I have also seen and read up pin this van for some time and for the money it's a no brainer. It has nothing to add and the lounge is prefect for entertain ing. Hence the large fridge for all the wine.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back