Speeding in North yorkshire.

thebriars

Funster
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 1990
Interesting piece of data from the police regarding people caught speeding last year:

Major roads, A19 south of Teesside, A1, and A168, a total of 42,500 people were caught speeding. The worst was one travelling at 144mph. Have noticed lots of mobile cameras on here in the last year or two. Eventually people will get the message I suppose, or maybe not.

busby

Funster
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Interesting piece of data from the police regarding people caught speeding last year:

Major roads, A19 south of Teesside, A1, and A168, a total of 42,500 people were caught speeding. The worst was one travelling at 144mph. Have noticed lots of mobile cameras on here in the last year or two. Eventually people will get the message I suppose, or maybe not.
Only got theirselves to blame,,BUSBY:(:(

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
Mobile cameras are far more effective revenue gatherers than fixed cameras.
Unlike fixed cameras you never know where there might be.

WillH

Funster
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
No fixed cameras in Dumfries & Galloway either, but two mobile units, police traffic cars and unmarked cars. I've seen plenty pulled in the last few months.

Blue Knight

Funster
MH
Ducato Maxi PVC
Exp
Sep 2016
No fixed cameras in Dumfries & Galloway either, but two mobile units, police traffic cars and unmarked cars. I've seen plenty pulled in the last few months.
They must bring in a significant revenue stream as they always seem to be there.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
I thought they have to have a warning sign on a stretch of road where they use them.
If they do they must all get stolen as soon as they're put out. :LOL:

Fixed cameras are supposed to be signed in advance but not mobile ones.

busby

Funster
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
All around Nottm ring road are average speed cameras,,,not very often you get overtaken if you stick to the limit,,,Works very well..BUSBY,,

tuscancouple

Funster
MH
Sunlight 640
Exp
Since 2007
Don't what a fine, THEN DO NOT SPEED, simple.
Agree! Nothing to do with a halo, if you don't want the risk of a fine/points do not speed, easy. Naughty persons course is used here, good attendance on my last one :)

Mick

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Hymer B678 Dynamic Line
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fixed cameras are supposed to be signed in advance but not mobile ones.
Down here we have camera signs up where they put the mobile cameras but the fixed ones aren't signed in advance.
Just looked it up, it is only a code of practice so it's up to the individual areas whether they do or not.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
MH
C class, Autotrail Chief
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Mobile cameras are far more effective revenue gatherers than fixed cameras.
Unlike fixed cameras you never know where there might be.
Canna be that effective as revenue gatherers .. Norfolk got shot of theirs some 4 years ago as they did not even pay their way ! Mind you, perhaps we are a more law abiding lot that you Yorkshire lot !

I thought they have to have a warning sign on a stretch of road where they use them.
Yes they do.. But you will find the signs are fixed at regular intervals, usually 3 to 4 miles apart.
There has to be a sign within 2 miles of a fixed camera, a mobile camera or where a police officer is going to use a 'gun' ( not sure any where using them now though )

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
MH
SunLiving Lido M45SP
Exp
On and off for many years.
There is a list of roads subject to mobile camera use published in our local paper.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
MH
Homeless
Exp
Since 2005
Canna be that effective as revenue gatherers .. Norfolk got shot of theirs some 4 years ago as they did not even pay their way ! Mind you, perhaps we are a more law abiding lot that you Yorkshire lot !
How the hell do you speed on a tractor?

SMC Motorhomes Newark
RoadPro
Johns Cross
Safeguard Motorhome Insurance
Rhino Installs
Friendly professional service from qualified technicians
Free Club Stickers
Dave Newell Leisure Vehicle Services