Free Member
Jan 24, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Hymer b694sl
Exp
Since 2012 + Caravanner for 20+ years
On our 2012/13 3litre fiat there are 2 warnings to reset. A service interval and an oil interval.
I believe they can only be done via the obd socket, not by pressing pedals etc.
Software is available for 50 euros plus an obd connector.
Ours needs to be done every 2 years since we do less than 28000 miles in that time.
Multiecuscan, is name of software, but do check it works on your van and does what you want! No I havent tried it yet.
Others may be available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Too many daft sensors on motors these days.... Way over complicated

Part of the sensor problem is the idiots driving that haven't got a clue I'm sure. People don't listen to what's going on with their vehicles any more.

Plus the dealers can charge for "investigating" a problem which means profit to them.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Part of the sensor problem is the idiots driving that haven't got a clue I'm sure. People don't listen to what's going on with their vehicles any more.

Plus the dealers can charge for "investigating" a problem which means profit to them.
Granted but some are just really annoying, I wanted to fit a few addition led lights on the front of my van wired to the sidelights but keeps bringing up a fault on the system due to the Stoopid canbus.
Need to wire them in to an ignition fed live instead as I want drl's

Old motors you could do any mods too without issues, new ones are a mare

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
I had the spanner come up and tried all of Google to find how to turn it off. All the solutions seemed to be for the previous model (up to 2007) so they didn't work. Had decided that I'd take it to a proper dealer for the next service and they would turn it off. However, after about 1000 miles I noticed the light had gone off by itself and it never did make a comeback. So, as Dave said above, just leave it and it should go away. I think I've read somewhere since that there was some ruling that as it was just a notification light they had to make it turn off after a period of time/miles :)

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Need to wire them in to an ignition fed live instead as I want drl's
Ring make a variety of accessory DRLs that work from a live feed only (no need to connect to ignition controlled source) and connect to the side lights so that they dim when the lights are on. I've fitted them to two Ducato Frankias without any problem from the canbus.

(BTW, I've also fitted additional reversing and rear fog lights so they show in pairs. A dealer electrician told me that was not possible!)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Ring make a variety of accessory DRLs that work from a live feed only (no need to connect to ignition controlled source) and connect to the side lights so that they dim when the lights are on. I've fitted them to two Ducato Frankias without any problem from the canbus.

(BTW, I've also fitted additional reversing and rear fog lights so they show in pairs. A dealer electrician told me that was not possible!)
Hmm I tried connecting to the sidelights as I tend to always leave the sidelights on anyway as the go off with ignition on the Fiat.
But I kept getting a check sidelight fault on dash and the bulb would not light disconnect the drl and the fault goes away

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
Hmm I tried connecting to the sidelights as I tend to always leave the sidelights on anyway as the go off with ignition on the Fiat.
But I kept getting a check sidelight fault on dash and the bulb would not light disconnect the drl and the fault goes away
On the Ring set, the sidelight connection is merely to sense +12v - it doesn't draw any power so doesn't affect the canbus. The power for the DLRs is drawn from the battery +12v (I connected to the jump starting stub under the bonnet) and the switching on is by the set sensing the drop in voltage caused by engaging the starter motor followed by a high charging voltage from the alternator.

DJA

Mar 5, 2011
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Since 2008
Hi

Once had our 2009 Ducato serviced on its due date which was before it was due based on mileage. Shortly after we went away for about a month and during the trip the Spanner sign came on. Before we had finished out trip and after about 1000KM the sign went off.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back