LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Hoping one of you knowledgeable folk can help. I had Vanessa in for her service today. She is a 2010 Fiat Ducato but try as they might the garage cannot get the spanner to go away.

How can this be done please?

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
Hoping one of you knowledgeable folk can help. I had Vanessa in for her service today. She is a 2010 Fiat Ducato but try as they might the garage cannot get the spanner to go away.

How can this be done please?

If it cant be done using ignition and foot pedals or similar it will need plugging into a computer I'm afraid.

A google search may help :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If it cant be done using ignition and foot pedals or similar it will need plugging into a computer I'm afraid.

A google search may help :)
They had a diagnostic and following youtube says to turn ignition and hold in odometer till CFG appears but this isn't happening.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
They had a diagnostic and following youtube says to turn ignition and hold in odometer till CFG appears but this isn't happening.
They probably aren't holding it in long enough, it takes ages, far longer than it says in the book

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Ive gave it at least 30 secs. Ended up bringing van home but not happy its not fixed.

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Sandra where did you have it serviced. We took ours to Falkirk recently and they said they couldn't get the light to go out, must be a broken wire they said and started pulling the wiring loom apart!!! We asked/told them to stop took it home and reset it on my son's cheapy diagnostic reader. In process of trying to reclaim some of the ÂŁ450 they charged.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
What did you get for your ÂŁ450 @Cinderz? My bill was ÂŁ465 that was for service and 2 tyres.

I had it serviced locally at Muirhead, Its a decent garage I think.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
@irnbru make sure the instructions on tinternet is for your exact vehicle and year.

I tried to reset our Audi but it was a year later than the instructions and they had changed the ECU to stop the public doing it.

You do need to follow the instructions to the letter that much I do know.
Good luck

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@irnbru make sure the instructions on tinternet is for your exact vehicle and year.

I tried to reset our Audi but it was a year later than the instructions and they had changed the ECU to stop the public doing it.

You do need to follow the instructions to the letter that much I do know.
Good luck
I agree ...If Ican find exact ones

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Long tale sorry. 1st visit as the light was on just tp check all ok to go away 3 hours told us couldn't check because there must be a broken wire - will only charge 2 ½ hours £150 Next visit service, first they phoned to say they couldn't start it, hubby went started it for them, they couldn't disarm the alarm - it wan't set when we left it - then said we had lost our slot and would be 2 extra days. 2 days later I phoned and they said the service was complete but couldn't reset the light due to their diagnostic computer being broken. I asked them not to do anything else as I had lost all confidence in them. I would pick up the next morning. Phoned to say I would be there 12ish. Arrived and they then said that they were putting it back together when I asked what they had done they said they were looking for the broken wire. I summarised the above and they agreed all that was what I had been told. Then was told they hadn't done the air filter because the casing was broken and they couldn't remove it. Jim had it off before I got home in the car. £ 296 for the service, they took £27 off because they didn't supply a new air filter. A new casing would be another £ 176.
When I tried to say that their broken diagnostic computer was the reason they couldn't read it dirst time they insisted that was specific to our motorhome and was a broken wire.
The fault will still be there, I'm sure - it seems to be an egr issue or that's what code P0402 is, that's what showed on son's thingy. Have now tried some egr cleaner and going off tomorrow so will see what happens.

Sandra - I can't tell a short story and no good at summarising sorry. Pat

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Will try it 2mor @Silver-Fox Im in the virtual pub now(y)

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Long tale sorry. 1st visit as the light was on just tp check all ok to go away 3 hours told us couldn't check because there must be a broken wire - will only charge 2 ½ hours £150 Next visit service, first they phoned to say they couldn't start it, hubby went started it for them, they couldn't disarm the alarm - it wan't set when we left it - then said we had lost our slot and would be 2 extra days. 2 days later I phoned and they said the service was complete but couldn't reset the light due to their diagnostic computer being broken. I asked them not to do anything else as I had lost all confidence in them. I would pick up the next morning. Phoned to say I would be there 12ish. Arrived and they then said that they were putting it back together when I asked what they had done they said they were looking for the broken wire. I summarised the above and they agreed all that was what I had been told. Then was told they hadn't done the air filter because the casing was broken and they couldn't remove it. Jim had it off before I got home in the car. £ 296 for the service, they took £27 off because they didn't supply a new air filter. A new casing would be another £ 176.
When I tried to say that their broken diagnostic computer was the reason they couldn't read it dirst time they insisted that was specific to our motorhome and was a broken wire.
The fault will still be there, I'm sure - it seems to be an egr issue or that's what code P0402 is, that's what showed on son's thingy. Have now tried some egr cleaner and going off tomorrow so will see what happens.

Sandra - I can't tell a short story and no good at summarising sorry. Pat
@Cinderz ...... would you be able to mention where the service was done? Just so I can avoid them when ours gets round to going in for it's first service soon (y)

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Ian Grieve, Camelon Falkirk they are now the Fiat motorhome service centre in the Central belt.

joka250

Free Member
Jul 29, 2017
Fylde Coast.
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1985
Probably a red herring but I discovered a year or two back on a late model Volvo S80 with diesel engine that if you followed the correct factory procedure using ignition switch and odometer button light wouldn't go out unless drivers door was fully closed. Since then have found some Peugeot and Citroen with same characteristics. Worth a try, no promises.

Baileysbus

Free Member
Aug 2, 2016
Fife
Funster No
Exp
Start of 2016
Ian Grieve, Camelon Falkirk they are now the Fiat motorhome service centre in the Central belt.
Ah no you're kidding! I thought imperial commercial at Cumbernauld did it but you're right, they're no longer on the list :(
I used to put my Subaru to Ian Grieve for service ........ fell out with them too robbing barstewards :unsure: so can't see me putting the MoHo there!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
What did you get for your ÂŁ450 @Cinderz? My bill was ÂŁ465 that was for service and 2 tyres.
Sounds about right, a good price I think. Depends on the make of tyres of course but assuming they aren't made from recycled Crocs you should be fine. My last tyres were ÂŁ150 each plus VAT. :eek:

Sep 5, 2010
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Always - off and on
Ah no you're kidding! I thought imperial commercial at Cumbernauld did it but you're right, they're no longer on the list :(
I used to put my Subaru to Ian Grieve for service ........ fell out with them too robbing barstewards :unsure: so can't see me putting the MoHo there!

I certainly could not recommend them and won't use them again.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Sounds about right, a good price I think. Depends on the make of tyres of course but assuming they aren't made from recycled Crocs you should be fine. My last tyres were ÂŁ150 each plus VAT. :eek:
Vanco continental camper tyres :)

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Probably a red herring but I discovered a year or two back on a late model Volvo S80 with diesel engine that if you followed the correct factory procedure using ignition switch and odometer button light wouldn't go out unless drivers door was fully closed. Since then have found some Peugeot and Citroen with same characteristics. Worth a try, no promises.
Tried that, made no difference. Hopefully @dave newell lvs or @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes might answer.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
My brother-in-law had a car with loads of warning lights, spanner, engine, ABS and more..........fixed instantly with a strip of black tape(y);)

Seriously some lights are not important........... I just sold a PT Cruiser........just before the sale the engine 'check light' came on ....:(......... all it was - after filling up with fuel the fuel cap was not 'tight'..... twisting the fuel cap - light out :D

Edit......... I have just driven to Spain and back with the ignition light mostly on..... as I did last year......no problem.............just a 'light' problem

Last edited:

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
In a fiat ducato x250 the service indicator needs a diagnostic machine connecting to clear it, cheap ebay scanners will not do it, you need a fairly comprehensive tool, I Have An Autel Maxiscan That Can Do It. That said I am reliably informed that if you ignore it then after 1000 miles it will go off anyway.t

D.

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Many Thanks Dave. The guys do have a diagnostic machine but couldn't do it.

Great to know it will go off by itself (y)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Have you tried this? Looks too simple, but may be worth a try:

OP
OP
irnbru

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
@dave newell lvs Does the spanner just turn off or does it reset itself and if so to what interval...10k etc or 28k?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back