Southdowns motorhomes Funster? (1 Viewer)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
So you could sell yours privately for 45 and then you have cash
Offer them 55 and it will cost you 10 grand to change

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Update 2.....Just had a company ring me and offer me 44k against a similar truck albeit a single axle over a tag. That aside...44k against a truck that is 52k.....Whilst I appreciate the figures being better than previously offered... How do they come up with the figures?

Cazpaul....I really dont want to sell honestly. Its the beloved bless her! Honestly I have not found anything that is as well built and so very well put together as what we have ? I was told yesterday by a sales rep at Go european and also Travel world Stafford (Hymer) ...That Adria built their best between 2000 and 2015 after that they became Trigano which sent them spiralling downwards.

If I were to change for something It would be either the Dethleffs or N&B most certainly . But ....I am in no rush ! Just need to make my beloved see sense or as she would have it....To be in the mood?
I have loved her all my life honestly......I have always liked a challenge though!
Bless her xx

Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Proper 'womanly ' shaped ....by that 382436....Personally its a lot to handle for me being 60 and all that!
I need some one a little like .......
1581017535209.png
Nora! Whooooooooo arrrrrrrrrrrr!

Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Im at the point that a good cocoa and a pair of slippers together with a "Woodbine"....would suit me !

Oh dear! Woodbines..............rather suck on an old pipe!
1581018481152.png

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Hayes Leisure have a 2010 Le Voyager on Merc Chassis, 3.0litre Auto 35k 1 Owner for 59k .
lots of toys included . The only drawback for me was the transverse bed , but there is another electric dropdown in the front.

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I think chopping anything newish your going to lose out big time. I was offered what I paid for my van 6 years ago but vans have risen in price. I just couldnt find 80k plus under the mattress

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
I think the issue with Southdowns is the way in which they price something being traded in?
I dont condemn them for their ways and means because they obviously sell motorhomes and make a good job of it. The 20%off the price paid from a trader...SO in my case 50 odd k minus 20% plus 5% for every year of its age. Mine being 2012 suddenly becomes worth....£30,068??
Ideally if the money was available to be used to purchase outright , their motorhome would be a decent buy.
Just dont go in with a second hand one to trade in with!
I dont for a minute think they are a rogue company...not at all, Just find it difficult when as someone already has mentioned on here ...Mileage and condition and service history seems to mean very little .

Hey oh...Onwards and upwards (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back