Southdowns motorhomes Funster? (1 Viewer)

Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Just in the process of talking with Southdowns motorhomes about a Niesmann and Bischoff they have for sale. The pictures they have sent us show a Funster sticker on the window and the inside...? Anyone on here just traded one in over the last 2 months or so?

1580850035972.png

Kev

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Go past them a few times a week when I visit my builders merchant, let me know if you would like me to go in and give it the once over (y)
Excellent stuff! Would really appreciate that if you could? We were planning a trip down to see it over the next weekend but any help would be really be helpful if you did not mind?

kev and Carolyn

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Excellent stuff! Would really appreciate that if you could? We were planning a trip down to see it over the next weekend but any help would be really be helpful if you did not mind?

kev and Carolyn
Glad to be able to help,
I’m no expert but it may save you a wasted trip down if it’s a bit of a dog.
Down that way tomorrow mid morning so could pop in then, don’t know if you want to let them know?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Glad to be able to help,
I’m no expert but it may save you a wasted trip down if it’s a bit of a dog.
Down that way tomorrow mid morning so could pop in then, don’t know if you want to let them know?
Ideally not really . If you could give me an un biased opinion as it stands that would be really appreciated thank you.
Kev and Carolyn

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Just in the process of talking with Southdowns motorhomes about a Niesmann and Bischoff they have for sale. The pictures they have sent us show a Funster sticker on the window and the inside...? Anyone on here just traded one in over the last 2 months or so?

View attachment 360936

Kev
Very nice Kev, I don’t think they would like your Sonic with any extras on tho, better take em all off and send em up north, you know it makes sense :whistle2:

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Hi Ady. (y)

Should it come about , I'm sure I could relocate a few things for you guys up there. Most dealers want the bottom price so yes...some bits would have to come off i would think? Having said that....I do like My truck . Its a "Missus" thing!! She wants something a little bit bigger!
Story of my life that! lol:confused:

Kev

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
It looks a nice van Kev, that is for sure, but I’m told dealers don’t like alloy wheels(boy racers) towbar (pulling heavy loads) etc
Come by my way when you px I can make it useable for anyone wanting to use it for 3500kg ??????
Seriously it’s good to hear you aren’t changing cos the Adria‘s Not up to scratch.

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
The truck is bloody marvellous to be honest Ady as I have mentioned a few times to you. The beloved just thinks it needed a bit more wardrobe space for her stuff! Trust me .....We cannot go any where without catering for the 4 seasons in the wardrobe! We can cater for the apocalypse to be honest! Now you can see why we needed the big garage! Its a walk in wardrobe for her bless!
Our friends have an Hymer which they rave about . Honestly though...Put the two together and take the badges off and you would not know the difference! His was £68k 2012 ours...12k less!
We had some extras put on board as you know, and when it came to the electrics...Honestly...the wiring was a piece of art ! I know the Polish guys when they make boats do a superb job of their electrical wiring but seriously...This would shame those and the Germans and their quality levels.
No as stated...A "missus" thing! Bless her

Kev

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Ideally not really . If you could give me an un biased opinion as it stands that would be really appreciated thank you.
Kev and Carolyn
Just came back from Portsmouth after going into Southdowns and looking at the Arto..

Must say it is very clean inside and out, seems to have new tyres on the alloy wheels.
Only thing I could find was the stickers on the side have started to peel and then black streaks running down the bodywork, easy fix I would think.

Inside is very clean with just a few marks on the seating, it’s beige upholstery so will show easy!
Shower rea looked nice and clean.
The van does seem to have a lot of extras so don’t think there will be many around with this spec.

Good luck if you go to view, the chap I spoke to was Rod Freeman, would not bother with the other Rod that works there as he cannot manage to get back to people!,
2345A4E7-9B21-4E66-83EC-1BE3254BCF04.jpeg
DDE6F213-2491-4286-B780-10BC65D57FC9.jpeg
603DB0B3-0235-48E3-887B-417041CB702C.jpeg

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Just came back from Portsmouth after going into Southdowns and looking at the Arto..

Must say it is very clean inside and out, seems to have new tyres on the alloy wheels.
Only thing I could find was the stickers on the side have started to peel and then black streaks running down the bodywork, easy fix I would think.

Inside is very clean with just a few marks on the seating, it’s beige upholstery so will show easy!
Shower rea looked nice and clean.
The van does seem to have a lot of extras so don’t think there will be many around with this spec.

Good luck if you go to view, the chap I spoke to was Rod Freeman, would not bother with the other Rod that works there as he cannot manage to get back to people!,
View attachment 361071View attachment 361072View attachment 361073
You are a real gent thanks for that. Had a call today so telling me how they value a trade in! Did not inspire confidence to be honest. Basically they take off 20% for the trade price off its original trader sale price then 5% for every year of its age ! Puts mine somewhere near the 30k barrier!!!!!! I dont think so.

Will see.

Really appreciate the effort though you have put in for us. I will catch up with you at some point im sure.

Kev

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
You are a real gent thanks for that. Had a call today so telling me how they value a trade in! Did not inspire confidence to be honest. Basically they take off 20% for the trade price off its original trader sale price then 5% for every year of its age ! Puts mine somewhere near the 30k barrier!!!!!! I dont think so.

Will see.

Really appreciate the effort though you have put in for us. I will catch up with you at some point im sure.

Kev
So mileage, state of internal furnishings, external body condition, tyre condition, windows etc etc have nothing to do with the calculation. Do they think you arrived on a banana boat?

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
So mileage, state of internal furnishings, external body condition, tyre condition, windows etc etc have nothing to do with the calculation. Do they think you arrived on a banana boat?
Yes I seriously think they do!!

I honestly think most dealers want your trade in for as little as is possible , Some can be a little fairer (If that is at all possible?) but then there are some who really think you are from a different planet ...?
Sorry but Southdowns must think the latter?

Kev

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp

Will see.

Kev
Personally just had the same experience with a trade in value from a different dealer! They must think we are either stupid or they don't want the PX........... I understand that everyone is in it to make money but their figures just don't stack up and unfortunately, we don't have the knowledge unless there's an identical model for sale elsewhere.
Good luck with what ever you decide, it does look a nice van(y)

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
or you need someone friendly with a glasses guide to commercials, vans and motorhomes. Sadly mine is too out of date to be any use, that's if I still have it.

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
or you need someone friendly with a glasses guide to commercials, vans and motorhomes. Sadly mine is too out of date to be any use, that's if I still have it.
You are a doll Sweets! (I hope you are not from the liberal pc brigade ?) Thank you Sue but hopefully...My beloved will see that what we have ....Is the best!

Kev:love:

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….

Will see.

Kev
You welcome,

As I said my builders merchant is just up from Southdowns so not out of my way.
They were moving around all the vans as they have more arriving, chap said they had sold 27 vans in January maybe that’s why they are not giving top price for PX?

Good luck with finding one.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
The PX price is really irrelevant up to a point as its the cost to change that is where it hurts the wallet. We PX'd our old van in April last year and it has only just sold so the dealer has had it on the forecourt for 9 months losing value, plus he has to put a warranty on it as I doubt he got a Knaus service to keep up the water ingress warranty.

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
You are a doll Sweets! (I hope you are not from the liberal pc brigade ?) Thank you Sue but hopefully...My beloved will see that what we have ....Is the best!

Kev:love:
It may well be Kev, you don’t want to see a screen shot of my conversation with a great friend of mine (in Portugal at the mo) but I will pm it you if you need to see it???

damn I was so looking forward to a big box of goodies for the sonic???

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Update!!!!!!

Well would you believe it. Considering I paid mid £55k for my motor home in July last year the SouthDowns have come back with the figure of ................Wait a bit longer................£34k???
Where do they get these figures from?
I have tested the waters so to speak ..with Travel world (Hymer ) and Go European and also Chelston to see what it actually is valued at? No word of a lie...All have come back with £45k give or take a few bob! SO how can South Downs come in at £34k? :oops:

Glad I really love it to be honest. My missus will just have to put up with it!! Lol :love:

Kev ( A happy Adria Sonic owner ;) )

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Update!!!!!!

Well would you believe it. Considering I paid mid £55k for my motor home in July last year the SouthDowns have come back with the figure of ................Wait a bit longer................£34k???
Where do they get these figures from?
I have tested the waters so to speak ..with Travel world (Hymer ) and Go European and also Chelston to see what it actually is valued at? No word of a lie...All have come back with £45k give or take a few bob! SO how can South Downs come in at £34k? :oops:

Glad I really love it to be honest. My missus will just have to put up with it!! Lol :love:

Kev ( A happy Adria Sonic owner ;) )
Damn!!! There goes all my accessories????

How much was the N&B??

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Originally 60k for the N&B . They could reduce it to 58k for a deal ? I dont think so.
Sorry bud but yes...the spares are to be kept at the moment!! Lol

Kev

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Taking into account of the numbers above, I’m very happy with my Adria Sonic purchase from Simon Howards Motorhomes, both the vehicle and the deal. I reckon he had a bit more to give me in the locker but I couldn’t fight no longer??????!!

OP
OP
Kev and Carolyn
Feb 2, 2015
Shropshire, UK
Funster No
MH
A motorhome!
Exp
we are still learning
Seriously...its well worth the money I paid. i have no problems with that. Its just the cheek of some places trying to get something for nothing! Just pisses me off!
Just had a company come on to me Motorhome dept who have quoted 45k! So again...what is it that Southdowns don't see?
Hey oh...Not bothered now..I get to keep my truck! My wife bless her......She may be on the classifieds shortly on here!

Kev

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
Seriously...its well worth the money I paid. i have no problems with that. Its just the cheek of some places trying to get something for nothing! Just pisses me off!
Just had a company come on to me Motorhome dept who have quoted 45k! So again...what is it that Southdowns don't see?
Hey oh...Not bothered now..I get to keep my truck! My wife bless her......She may be on the classifieds shortly on here!

Kev
Hey Kev did you get the screen shots I sent ya?????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back