Solar & hookup (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2024
Funster No
MH
Vw transporter
Hi I have a transporter t5, and am very new to this, when I'm in a campsite and want to hookup mains, do I have to turn all solar power off including solar charging to leisure battery, or just turn off solar power to sockets, ????

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
Hi welcome đź‘Ť

Need to know a bit more about your setup to make any comments that are not guesswork really.

It sounds as if you have an inverter fitted for 240 to the sockets from your leisure battery.

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
To get a quicker answer, do you have an inverter fitted? With respect a lot of people new to the game dont alway realise the 240 sockets dont work unless you either have an inverter or on electric hook up. Without having the hookup connected just plug a 240 volt appliance into on of the vans sockets, if nothing happens unplug it connect the mains hook up then try again, bedtime to use a table lamp or some other low power appliance. It it woks when on EHU thats your answer. Normally if you have solar fitted when connected to hook up the solar regulator will sense the battery state of charge and reduce its output accordingly. There is no such thing as a silly question/

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:welco:
Normally you don't need to do anything.
What you are describing doesn't should should normal.
Is your van a self build or done by a reckonised converter?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back