So did anyone else get stuck over Easter ? (1 Viewer)

Feb 20, 2023
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago E line 50 D
Exp
Well I did, first time in 19years, really underestimated how wet and soggy the grass was and how heavy our motorhome was, lesson learned !!
but thanks to a fellow funster DavidG58 and others on the site, managed to get out.

Here’s the aftermath
IMG_0951.jpeg

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Well I did, first time in 19years, really underestimated how wet and soggy the grass was and how heavy our motorhome was, lesson learned !!
but thanks to a fellow funster DavidG58 and others on the site, managed to get out.

Here’s the aftermath
View attachment 884161
Thank goodness that's not Quackers

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
All I can say is phew.
Just checked the rally list to make sure who is on the list for this weekend.
Easter really was soggy here at Woodside Field, luckily we have had high winds this last week and dried the field out.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
One pitch left at this weekends rally. Odly we have a heatwave forecasted this weekend in Old Sodbury.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
This is the mess we left behind 14th April last year at Olivers Mount 😇 we arrived after the other vans and had to get towed to our pitch with a JCB Telelifter... So actually I can't take credit for most of the mess, it was the JCBs wheels 😏
Screenshot_20240409_211402_Gallery.jpg

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Given the extent of rain and already saturated ground around the country, it’s hardly surprising that people got stuck…

JRT

Feb 28, 2023
The former North Riding of Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Nearly did....but...
Exp
40 years caravanning.
We are currently on a nice CL in the dales, five hard standing pitches which are firm as you would expect but as soon as you go onto grass it's very very soft and cuts up very easily. Hence I used the mover to pitch the van as using the car would have meant going on grass.

Easter weekend somebody pitched up in a MH and insisted on pitching on the grassed area rather than one of the hard standings.

The evidence of him getting stuck remains. Why give yourself the chew when it's completely avoidable?

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Invested in some of these a few years ago and been brilliant

View attachment 884218
Me too, but I got the big 50mm version, a bit overkill! The 25mm ones would have done £54😳😳

To make matters worse just after that, my firm bought 20 big sheets of the same stuff to cut down to make walkways, if only I had waited🙄🤬🤬🤬

Sep 26, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Broadway
Exp
Since 2013

Here’s the aftermath
View attachment 884161
Not Easter, but January in France, on our way to Spain for the winter. I managed to use my new snow chain thingies to quite good effect.

20240104_085122.jpg

Mar 3, 2013
Poole
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not us but the big truck who changed his mind next to us at motocross. He has to wait until the next afternoon, after racing to be towed out. The pits were full so he couldn’t be moved. Ironically he had parked perfectly then decided to move. Schoolboy error. His back end was stuck even further in.
A59F70C4-281A-497E-9131-20C23D6784AA.jpeg

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Invested in some of these a few years ago and been brilliant

View attachment 884218
yes we had some, not that make though, now discarded as the same width as the wheels so up to the axle with ours underneath.
Somehow managed to get out with a lot of brute force behind the van. Now have wider ones, not had to use in earnest. Got cut down breadboards somewhere too.

Oct 25, 2021
Stisted, Essex
Funster No
MH
Cipro 85
Exp
Since 2005
We were away over Easter, only local to us, but on the grass pitch opposite, which we had been told was far too wet, Mr. and Mrs, Pratt turned up and insisted they wanted the grass pitch as they had a caravan and stabilisers.
It started off with their two Spaniels running loose all over the pitch and even into our unit, then off they went to another pitch to empty out, i mentioned this too the woman who replied they have to go somewhere, they then thought they were on a fully serviced pitch and hooked up to the communal water supply, it goes on.
However after a day we noticed the legs were not to be seen, the wheels were below the axle and the jockey wheel was down to the A frame, I actually laughed, my wife thought I was having a fit. They decided to leave on the Easter Monday,, early in the morning they were preparing to go, but somehow they were totally stuck, their 4+4 could not even budge it.
They asked the site owners to help, Owners said that they were warned and they only had a buggy that was not big enough to pull them out. The end is that at 1500hrs a local farmer turned up to pull them out with his tractor, at a cost of £100 take it or leave it, they left the site with a very muddy caravan at around 1700 hrs, and lighter in the pocket. They Walk among us?

Jan 2, 2024
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Peugeot boxer
Exp
H
We were away over Easter, only local to us, but on the grass pitch opposite, which we had been told was far too wet, Mr. and Mrs, Pratt turned up and insisted they wanted the grass pitch as they had a caravan and stabilisers.
It started off with their two Spaniels running loose all over the pitch and even into our unit, then off they went to another pitch to empty out, i mentioned this too the woman who replied they have to go somewhere, they then thought they were on a fully serviced pitch and hooked up to the communal water supply, it goes on.
However after a day we noticed the legs were not to be seen, the wheels were below the axle and the jockey wheel was down to the A frame, I actually laughed, my wife thought I was having a fit. They decided to leave on the Easter Monday,, early in the morning they were preparing to go, but somehow they were totally stuck, their 4+4 could not even budge it.
They asked the site owners to help, Owners said that they were warned and they only had a buggy that was not big enough to pull them out. The end is that at 1500hrs a local farmer turned up to pull them out with his tractor, at a cost of £100 take it or leave it, they left the site with a very muddy caravan at around 1700 hrs, and lighter in the pocket. They Walk among us?
Having owned a cl for years seen plenty of Mr & Mrs .Prats.(tell them don't go on the grass ,next thing knock at door "we're stuck you'll have to give us a tow"..No I won't get onto a recovery firm! (Several land rovers and a tractor sat in shed😁).Had one mid winter followed sat nav down a drive tried to turn around in a deep ploughed wet field car and caravan sat on floor pans ! But my fault because My site wasn't where his sat nav said it should be !!!
Cost him dearly 16t wrecker and long winch cable dragged him around 200 meters across field must have taken hours.(not that I would know too busy sat in nice warm lounge with a brandy laughing 😄 😄)He never did make it to the site,,a nights pitch feels lost o well such is life

Jul 27, 2013
Wilts/Oxon border
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since childhood!
Stuck in the Cotswolds over Easter. Weather acceptable but site "it drains very quickly" didn't. Now purchased tow rope to keep in van, thanks goodness son was with us with his Land Rover or we would still be there.
I've always carried a tow rope. I've seen the bits of string some call tow ropes being used to pull people out, and decided I wanted to be sure if that was me, I'd know the rope wouldn't snap. The only time I've used it (so far!) is to pull another van out which had got stuck on soft grass. I was on gravel so even though my van was smaller than theirs mine had the purchase to help pull the other one out. And I managed not to pepper the front of it with gravel, too...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back