Rally Shrewsbury VINTAGE show 23rd-28th June 2022 (1 Viewer)

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Martin. :)
I don't mind .................

..................... but I'm not sure I'm up for a 9 or 12 mile canoeing session. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Martin. :)
I don't mind .................

..................... but I'm not sure I'm up for a 9 or 12 mile canoeing session. :(

Cheers,

Jock. :)

:LOL: It passes surprisingly easily Jock, you just go with the flow;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Had an email from Jan ages ago to say she’ll be in contact soon for payment. As of yet nothing though. Maybe nearer the time then. 🤷‍♂️
We can always sort it out there Steve so no problem, I must get intouch with Jan and see how many she has payment from.

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Loads of room “come on down” do you want to come canoeing?

Booking instructions on thread #182
Thank you, no canoeing, looking for alternative route to motorway at the moment, will let you know if I find good one.🐝

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2010
Thank you, no canoeing, looking for alternative route to motorway at the moment, will let you know if I find good one.🐝
Haven't found a route yet but I will so I have contacted Jan for payment details 🐝

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jan rang this morning, paid.
I had a message from Jan this morning and she has been doing bookings for a rally before ours and then the card machine broke as well but she is getting round to us.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Sorry, have to bail out after all.....wife has other plans :rolleyes:
In out shake it all about ;) if the wife has other plans that is a "fate accompli" I am afraid, I will remove you from the list.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
We would be up for a group booking on the cruise Martin, if enough are interested.

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Jan just rang, Andrea paid on her card as I was outside, result.... :giggle: (y)

but Ive got to fill with diesel :( so perhaps not :unsure:

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Jan just rang, Andrea paid on her card as I was outside, result.... :giggle: (y)

but Ive got to fill with diesel :( so perhaps not :unsure:
You are lucky living in South Yorkshire ;) just think of us poor souls from the North.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We would be up for a group booking on the cruise Martin, if enough are interested.
I think that is coming together as a plan Robin, just waiting to hear back from the boat company and then I will @alert everybody and get numbers, also possibly a walking tour of the town but again I will do it all in one @ session.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Jan called yesterday afternoon for payment - think she was tearing her hair out at the non compliant credit card machine.
She was calling some guy in India who gave her a six digit password but the machine only took five :doh:.
Got there in the end but I don't think the process was as smooth or as quick as should have been - so perhaps she's a little behind.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Haven't found a route yet but I will so I have contacted Jan for payment details 🐝
My guess is that you will be coming up the M5 so then M54 past Telford to Shrewsbury, I usually put a map and some basic instructions a bit closer to the time but this is the route into the town that I use, OK there are two routes :LOL: I used to use the "blue" one but now favour the "brown" one as the lamp posts on the "blue route" get a little bit too close to my mirrors for comfort, either way is OK though.

The showground entrance is off Gravel lane, you can't miss it but if you did there is another big gateway that you could turn around in.

IMG_0880.jpeg

Sep 21, 2007
Kings Ripton, Huntingdon
Funster No
MH
RP Rebellion 2 2024
Exp
Since 2007
I had a message from Jan this morning and she has been doing bookings for a rally before ours and then the card machine broke as well but she is getting round to us.
She rang me earlier today strangely enough after my earlier post. I missed her though…doing tank duties 😩 She left a message that she would contact me tomorrow or Friday 👍

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
used to use the "blue" one but now favour the "brown" one as the lamp posts on the "blue route" get a little bit too close to my mirrors for comfort, either way is OK though.

IMG_0880.jpeg

I see your map doesn’t show the railway, does the ‘brown’ route take you right up to the bridge before turning sharp right ?

Looks a good option, last two times there I have gone too far round what I thought was the ring road and come in along the B road , that seems very narrow in places 😳

But only when there’s oncoming traffic 😁

Will try for the brown option 😁👍

Jan tried me as well today I missed the call 🙄

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
I see your map doesn’t show the railway, does the ‘brown’ route take you right up to the bridge before turning sharp right ?

Looks a good option, last two times there I have gone too far round what I thought was the ring road and come in along the B road , that seems very narrow in places 😳

But only when there’s oncoming traffic 😁

Will try for the brown option 😁👍

Jan tried me as well today I missed the call 🙄
It takes you under the railway line David but it's not the low one, that is cross street and would be if you were going back into town from the showground, so you would still be best off leaving by the "blue route" to avoid Cross Street but I think you will like the "brown for arriving.

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
Living in Shrewsbury - I can also confirm that the brown route does not involve any bridges ( you will go past but not through our infamous roof grabber) and is the best way to the show ground. If by chance or misfortune anyone needs any help locating anything etc in Shrewsbury let me know and hopefully I can help.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Living in Shrewsbury - I can also confirm that the brown route does not involve any bridges ( you will go past but not through our infamous roof grabber) and is the best way to the show ground. If by chance or misfortune anyone needs any help locating anything etc in Shrewsbury let me know and hopefully I can help.
Well not close contact with any low ones anyway ;) I think the naughty one is clearly marked there.

IMG_0881.jpeg

And if anybody is coming along the riverside and Smithfiled you will most likely be flashed by the high vehicle sign but keep left and all will be OK, honest;)

9E692F12-F19C-4E44-B5B5-706C70240AA3.jpeg

I might as well add this photo of the junction from Berwick road onto Gravel hill lane as it always the last 100 metres where it all goes wrong in my experience, assuming you are following one of the routes mentioned "brown" or "blue" you will turn on Berwick Road so then you just need to keep left at this junction onto Gravel Hill Lane and then you really can't miss the main entrance to the showground on your left, the main entrance is the one with the brick pillars and wall,

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Exp
since 2010
I can confirm that I have paid for the four days, looking forward to it. 🐝

Jun 9, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Malibu T500
Exp
Since 2014
The brown route will require you to go under the bridge on your return journey as it is part of the one way system. There are two lanes under it as you can see from the map above and you would need to straddle them to get through safely. I cannot remember the actual height limit of the bridge as we have never needed to try and go through it with our van but will check next time I drive through and post on here. Tbh I have never heard of a motorhome getting stuck but a lot of lorries have.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back