Schengen and the 90 days (2 Viewers)

Jul 6, 2009
Funster No
Hi all, looking at the possibility of driving to Croatia, to give a bit longer away, is there any problems in getting your passport stamped to prove you have left the Schengen zone when arriving and the same when leaving? What is a realist time frame to drive there from Calais quite happy cruising at 60 mph where allowed to do so. Aware of the new bridge to miss the awkward bit, also the may join the zone Jan 2023.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We're there now but flew out. I don't know how it affects things but they're adopting the euro Jan 23 so it wouldn't surprise me if they joined Schengen at the same time.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
No problem at all, here right now in Omis, lovely little place, also been to Montenegro and a bit of Bosnia. Regret not going into Albania but been very hot down here. Bulgaria is quite a jump though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 6, 2017
East Devon
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morocco XL
Exp
since 2014
In May the Croatian Border Staff point blank refused, despite our pleas, to stamp our passports. She insisted 'It is recorded', and that was that. We photographed the first road signs we passed with time stamps, kept a fuel receipt from a fill up on our first day there, and ensured our location services were activated on our phones in case we had to prove anything. It never became an issue, but....????

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
In May the Croatian Border Staff point blank refused, despite our pleas, to stamp our passports. She insisted 'It is recorded', and that was that. We photographed the first road signs we passed with time stamps, kept a fuel receipt from a fill up on our first day there, and ensured our location services were activated on our phones in case we had to prove anything. It never became an issue, but....????
weve been in an out of Croatia 5 times so far, got a stamp each time without asking.

Aug 16, 2018
Wilmslow
Funster No
MH
Coach blt, Swift KTS
Exp
Since 2016
Yes we got stamped on the way in. Still here. Been extremely hot and humid in the last week but starting to cool a bit now.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
We were stamped in last Thursday no problem at all. We crossed Calais the previous Monday. So 3 days to travel down, via France Belgium Luxembourg Germany Austria Slovenia.
currently enjoying Istria.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
No problem at all, here right now in Omis, lovely little place, also been to Montenegro and a bit of Bosnia. Regret not going into Albania but been very hot down here. Bulgaria is quite a jump though.
Any recommendations for camping in Omis? We should be there in a few weeks. Thank you.

Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
We're there now but flew out. I don't know how it affects things but they're adopting the euro Jan 23 so it wouldn't surprise me if they joined Schengen at the same time.
They are joining the Schengen area January 1st 2023.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009

Your post was followed by several quoting multiple entries/exits when passports were stamped.

What gives one border guard the right to step out-of-line from her colleagues?

We should be treated with consistency. But difficult to see how we as foreigners can demand that.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
They are joining the Schengen area January 1st 2023.

As I read that it has not been finally signed off and, knowing how delays occur within EU organisations, I think it is a wait and see situation.

Maybe a letter to your MEP along the lines of 'p*ss or get off the pot' is needed.

Just assuming that Croatia becomes part of Schengen on 1st Jan 2023, if one has gone there after 89 days in Schengen with the intention of staying in Croatia for 90 days before returning to Schengen and are still there, does one become an 'Overstayer on 2nd Jan? Are they going to announce some transition period?

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Croatia is certainly getting ready for the Euro, with plenty of prices already being quoted in Euros at hefty increases.
We're there at the moment. The prices I have seen are quoted at the current exchange rate in euros and Kuna. It's the first time we've been since 2012 whats noticeable is the improvement in roads infrastructure etc we were sailing the marinas are much better equipped and looks like tourism has increased a lot. Talking to the locals some think joining the EU has been great and joining the euro will be too others say prices are increasing quickly when I said what was happening to energy and food prices at home they were a little surprised as I suspect they are being fed a rhetoric that its all to do with joining the euro!

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
we p
We're there at the moment. The prices I have seen are quoted at the current exchange rate in euros and Kuna. It's the first time we've been since 2012 whats noticeable is the improvement in roads infrastructure etc we were sailing the marinas are much better equipped and looks like tourism has increased a lot. Talking to the locals some think joining the EU has been great and joining the euro will be too others say prices are increasing quickly when I said what was happening to energy and food prices at home they were a little surprised as I suspect they are being fed a rhetoric that its all to do with joining the euro!
we paid €35 for 1 night on Friday. I don't mind paying that amount but campsite was horrible. Camping Riviera at Makarska is definitely best avoided.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
we p

we paid €35 for 1 night on Friday. I don't mind paying that amount but campsite was horrible. Camping Riviera at Makarska is definitely best avoided.
Places like that are hardly limited to Croatia though! We found that the marinas were a lot more expensive one cost £80 for the night!. But I would expect as a country moves to a better wages economy more closely aligned with the rest of Europe prices are going to rise.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Places like that are hardly limited to Croatia though! We found that the marinas were a lot more expensive one cost £80 for the night!. But I would expect as a country moves to a better wages economy more closely aligned with the rest of Europe prices are going to rise.
good point but the one in question is particularly poor. We stopped to have a look at one on Brac today and otcvaried from €44-€64/night + tax but tbf it was nice.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
good point but the one in question is particularly poor. We stopped to have a look at one on Brac today and it varied from €44-€64/night + tax but tbf it was nice

Jun 26, 2018
North West
Funster No
MH
Florium Wincester
Exp
Europe & USA since April '21
Any recommendations for camping in Omis? We should be there in a few weeks. Thank you.
We've just left Camping Galeb. Just outside Omis, short walk into town. OK for a couple of nights. We had a nice corner pitch but the kid next door in a tent could cry in five octaves:mad:and boy did he cry. For hours.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
good point but the one in question is particularly poor. We stopped to have a look at one on Brac today and it varied from €44-€64/night + tax but tbf it was nice
just noticed the error in this, the price l quoted was for the pitch, you need to add €20 /person so €84 to €104

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back