sat navs on e-b@y (1 Viewer)

Old Al

Free Member
Aug 20, 2014
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Hi all , firstly i'm a newbe here, so if I make any mistakes please be gentle.
I have been looking for a new satnav for my new (to me ) MoHo, i have seen several on e-b@y for £40- £60, all singing and dancing, now forgive my cinisysm, but this looks to good to be true, I wondered has any one here any knowledge of these units, good or bad, most dont even have a brand so I can't check. I hope to make the first trip to Newark Show in March to see how the seasoned veterans do it
i'm on a steep learning curve.
Thanks.
Old Al

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
If you use the search facility on here you will find loads of people well satisfied with cheapo satnavs.

My approach is a cheap Android tablet ( with GPS ) or an Android phone ( agian with GPS )and Copilot Live. A bit more expensive but the software is top notch. There is a very good Chinese Android phone reported on here for £60/68 which would be ideal and you get a phone too.

So tablet £50/60
Copilot £30

lesr48

Free Member
Oct 25, 2014
Ilkeston, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Rimor Katamarano
Exp
Since 2014
I bought my Garmin from Tesco for £30....It doesn't have map updates for life, but at that price I'll just buy an updated on at some point in the future

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
my gamin with good features was just under 100 quid with life time mapping . Plus you can plan your routes on a PC using either Mapsource or basecamp and download to satnag. Beware not all allow you to download 3rd party POI, these essential for motorhome travel.....

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It was This Thread which convinced me to buy one of the NozeTec eBay offerings (by Navibuzz in my case) and we've been well satisfied with it. Price differences may be accounted for by the inclusion (or not) of a Micro SD card.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I was one of many who bought the Navibuzz mentioned above and have been well pleased with the performance. Oh and by the way . . .

:welc:

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Bought one of the cheap Chinese sat navs from ebay a couple of years ago. Here is a photo which shows
IMG_2762.JPG
IMG_2765.JPG
what we thought of it. We now have a Becker truckers sat nav and are very pleased with it.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
If you use the search facility on here you will find loads of people well satisfied with cheapo satnavs.

My approach is a cheap Android tablet ( with GPS ) or an Android phone ( agian with GPS )and Copilot Live. A bit more expensive but the software is top notch. There is a very good Chinese Android phone reported on here for £60/68 which would be ideal and you get a phone too.

So tablet £50/60
Copilot £30

(y) Hi Brian..........ready to ditch our trusty tom-tom 960 which to be fair is ready for replacing. We have a Samsung tab 3 with GPS. Will Copilot work with this ? :)
Jude

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
(y) Hi Brian..........ready to ditch our trusty tom-tom 960 which to be fair is ready for replacing. We have a Samsung tab 3 with GPS. Will Copilot work with this ? :)
Jude

Yes. Download the free one first then upgrade to get full voice prompts when running.

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
(y) Task duly carried out........any hints or tips Brian re POI ? Did you opt for the Europe map as a pay one ? Thanks for all your help.
Jude;)

mcbrucer

Free Member
Jun 30, 2015
Kettering
Funster No
MH
Caravan!
Exp
i know this is a little late but... I tried the free version of copilot on an old samsung tab3 7" i had lying around. It was awful, some times, the app wouldnt start, I couldnt figure out how to turn the view to "head up", it stopped navigation when I took a different route, it was generally very slow to respond and update - not sure if that was the application or the tablet (but its not that old a model)
All in all, it put me off parting with any money for the regular version - which I was all but set on in my head...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back