truck sat nav

Discussion in 'GPS Navigation' started by buffallobill, Jan 6, 2014.

1. buffallobill

buffallobill

i read a post last month about a chinese truck sat nav and a member had done a comparison to tom tom sat nav, there was included in the replies a pdf down load for instuction manual, and a link to the seller ,
    could any member please help me locate the post i have searched but must not be doing right.
    i have purchased one of these sat navs and i am trying to find out how you can just put the post code in and sat nav will do the rest.(like tom tom)
    i would be greatful if any funster could point me in the right direction thank you... bill..

2. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

3. buffallobill

buffallobill

4. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

Let me know how you get on with it, I've been looking at them myself.

5. WynandJean

WynandJean Funster

Been using ours since last year, including from top to south of France. No problems and screen shows useful information well presented. :thumb:

Wyn

6. hdvrod

hdvrod Read Only Funster

Ditto the above:Smile:

7. Philcott

Philcott Read Only Funster

ditto both the above! :Smile:

8. Trikeman

Trikeman Read Only Funster

Ditto, thrice above.

Trikeman. :Wink:

9. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Got mine midday today. Looks good but converting and adding POIs a bit of a pain. I shall stick to using my TomTom to find the aires when I'm near them, and use this one for the major part of the route to avoid the narrow roads/low bridges.

10. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Same here, (yesterday). I'm dreading trying to convert and adding the Aires and Stelplatz POIs. :Sad: I'll spend a bit of time becoming familiar with the unit first, before attempting anything too adventurous just yet. :Wink:

Cheers,

Jock.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Techno

Techno Funster Life Member

This online editor will convert all your POI files just load your file and resave it in the format you want
    http://www.poieditor.com/

Do not download anything! it is an online program!!

• Like Like x 3
  12. Allanm

Allanm Funster

[STRIKE]Ditto, fourthce, quatce, force, trice....[/STRIKE]

Me too.

Allan

13. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Just ordered one.:thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  14. buffallobill

buffallobill

• Like Like x 1
  15. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Fallen at the first hurdle....

7" Satnav came today. Looks ok and I got it charging and connected to the computer.
    Its telling me the maps are out of date, so I went to the download site, downloaded UK France and Spain maps to be going on with.
    The instructions tell me to go to the maps folder and delete the maps I am going to update, then transfer the new maps into the folder.
    So, I started with France. Deleted the French files and started to put the new ones in.
    First small file went in fine. Larger 202mb file won't go in, unit tells me there is not enough space on the card.
    This is where I get confused. The file I deleted was about the same size. I also deleted other files ( Russia, I don't want to go there!) but it still tells me there isn't enough space.
    Help!
    How do I get these in?

The instruction leaflet has a PS and I don't understand that.. It tells me I have to set Navi path after I update the map....."slide up the main menu to second page...." :Eeek:

Anybody have some foolproof instructions for getting the map updates in and working please?

Allan

16. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Allan, here is a copy of instructions I received by email this morning, from the seller.

1.After downloading, please unzip the file to several files-> Connect the GPS to the computer->open the file(path:primo\content\map)->press"ctrl+F" to find "UK or Other countries"->delete the them->put the new downloaded UK Truck map into it.->disconnect the computer.
    2.Then set navi paht turn on the GPS->Please scroll the main menu to second page,->click “navi path”icon, you will see the path is /ResidentFlash/Primo/igo.exe.-->click the blue button of the bar-> click" /ResidentFlash"->"PRIMO"-> "igo.exe"->"ok". The setting is done. hope it will helps. any other questions, pls tell us here freely. regards, misty '

I haven't gone down that route yet, so I can't comment on how accurate these instructions are.

Good luck. :thumb:

Jock.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Allanm

Allanm Funster

Thanks Jock, I have similar instructions that came with the unit.
    I have 4gb of internal memory that all the info is on, including maps. I removed the French maps and tried to put the new ones in, after downloading and unzipping them. I have the maps fine, but when I try to put one of the new maps in ( 200+mb) it tells me there is not enough room. I looked at the internal memory properties and there is only 121mb spare, even though I just deleted the old French maps, over 250mb of them!
    Just can't understand why there isn't enough space. It looks like when I delete the files, no room is opened up.
    Anybody got any ideas where it is?
    Mine also came with an 8GB sd card inserted. Is it possible to transfer all the data off the internal memory to the sd card? At least I would have enough space.
    I still can't understand why I cannot free up enough space in the internal memory. I deleted all the Russia maps too, still no difference.

Allan

• Like Like x 1
  18. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Alan

I have looked at my sat nav and it has 1.12gb free on the internal memory don't know what can be taking up your drive.

John

• Like Like x 1
  19. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

As I've said before, I've always been sceptical about how good the mapping data is with large vehicle sat nav systems and, as a result, how good the problem route avoidance is. However, if this Navibuzz unit has sufficiently detailed data then I'm interested.

One other point just sprung to mind though. Does the Navibuzz unit have lane assist for motorway junctions? (Jill loves lane assist :BigGrin:)

20. lunarman

lunarman Funster

Yes GJH it does have lane assist.

john