Sad day really.... The end of a short era... (4 Viewers)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Thanks Mel..... Been in touch with my solicitor.... and what ever way we go we are going to get a massive - massive hit with inheritance tax.. :swear2: a few hundred K`s... :crying::crying:

The way we are doing it is the best financially so as not to give too much to them (HMC&T)... The kids will get hit again when Judy & I pop our clogs...

So I will spend spend spend and all that will be left will be the value of the property, I hope... :giggler: What`s the old saying..?

Spending the kids inheritance... :RollEyes::rofl:
:sneaky: we don't have inheritance tax here Mo, so if you like I will send you my details.................

Craig

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Just catching up Mo, completely understand where you are coming from, good luck with your search, not what was planned, but i think it's a good plan. x

Bulldog Boxy

Free Member
Sep 28, 2015
stoke
Funster No
MH
caravan was motorhome.
Exp
Hope all goes well for you mo, sad news but I'm sure wherever you and Judy move to will become a wonderful new place you can call home. With a fresh start and new bigginings .Thinking of you all god bless and take care. Reg and angela.

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
@old-mo all the best hope it works out if you get a place please make sure it has a place for my WELSH flag ray and Julia xx lol still lol i'am sending you this from all us FUNSTERS :hugs:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
That was our first meeting with you Mo - at Sir @Jim 's previous home with the motorhome eating wall (I thought it was a tree....) We knew then we had got lucky first time and joined the right club...... (y)

No the tree episode is when we were all having a good time in Jim`s classroom..

Jim secreted a huge fir tree outside the door knowing that when I left a bit inebriated to go back to my M-home....

Said tree would attack me...

I think @chrisgreen was a part instigator of the dirty deed as well.. :swear2:

:giggler:

Twos a superb weekend, and food to die for.. (y)

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Thanks Mel..... Been in touch with my solicitor.... and what ever way we go we are going to get a massive - massive hit with inheritance tax.. :swear2: a few hundred K`s... :crying::crying:

The way we are doing it is the best financially so as not to give too much to them (HMC&T)... The kids will get hit again when Judy & I pop our clogs...

So I will spend spend spend and all that will be left will be the value of the property, I hope... :giggler: What`s the old saying..?

Spending the kids inheritance... :RollEyes::rofl:

Is this of any use? https://www.moneyadviceservice.org....can-i-give-to-my-children-and-family-tax-free

and for trust funds: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/using-a-trust-to-cut-your-inheritance-tax

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006

Jim secreted a huge fir tree outside the door knowing that when I left a bit inebriated to go back to my M-home....

It was a fantastic weekend Maurice :) I must add We did witness that said tree attacking you Mo ;) you put up such a good fight Mo as you ricocheted of the tree ;) xKate

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I suspected as much Mo and can totally understand all your reasons for wanting to get a new home ... hope it all goes well for you.

(Not to put a downer on this but be careful of the 'deprivation of assets' and inheritance tax rules if you give large sums away.)
Sorry to hear all about this Mo.
Not sure if your property is over an acre in land ? and even if it's your only property, you have to inform the taxman if it is over an acre in size as there may be a land tax on your profits. The tax man has a checking system on land registry entries, in case you forget :Eeek:

Last edited:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013

I remember it being very scary - first ever meet and the first bloke we spoke to had a fight with a tree, I was well and truly thrashed at Rummikub by Amanda @Ambilkate, I had to sit next to Brian @hilldweller at the dinner table, I met Phil @Taran_Las for the first time ....... it's a wonder we ever went to another meet - but I have to agree Mo - Sian's food was to die for ..... it wasn't till we left that someone said who this bloke @Jim was :notworthy2::notworthy2:... I had no idea we had just eaten our great leader out of house and home .... :rofl::rofl:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back