Sad day really.... The end of a short era... (3 Viewers)

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
All the best with the sale and purchase and everthing else going on in your life. X

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
All the best Mo, hope all ges well.

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Makes perfect sense but still very :crying:...
Was hoping, one day, to get there & meet the legend that is @old-mo
Just wondering about timing though... you've got a lot on your plate at present so is adding the stress of moving a good idea?
But then again, if a suitable place becomes available.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
(Not to put a downer on this but be careful of the 'deprivation of assets' and inheritance tax rules if you give large sums away.)

Thanks Mel..... Been in touch with my solicitor.... and what ever way we go we are going to get a massive - massive hit with inheritance tax.. :swear2: a few hundred K`s... :crying::crying:

The way we are doing it is the best financially so as not to give too much to them (HMC&T)... The kids will get hit again when Judy & I pop our clogs...

So I will spend spend spend and all that will be left will be the value of the property, I hope... :giggler: What`s the old saying..?

Spending the kids inheritance... :RollEyes::rofl:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
I don't have to say anything .... you know what is in my heart. :( :h::heartbreak: xxx

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Good luck with it Mo.
You are having such a difficult time and I really hope that things improve for you. I appreciate though that things will get worse before they get better.

#manhug

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
Good luck Mo I'm sure you are doing the best thing for you and Judy it's no fun rattling round in a big place ...I know from experience.
Hope the viewing goes well tomorrow.

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Good luck Mo with the sale. Such a shame after all that hard work and it is a fantastic place. I feel privalged to have been there to stay. (y)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
So the next Chapter in your lives will begin.

We can understand why you have decided to make the changes and feel sure that they will be good for you. Just don't rush. Take your time and look forward to having a happier time than of late.

Best wishes from us, and good luck.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Makes perfect sense but still very :crying:...
Was hoping, one day, to get there & meet the legend that is @old-mo
My feelings too. Bagwell was on the to-do list & have never managed it, then the CFL became the target. Might make it yet before you move - it does sound a lovely place & I do enjoy a groan at corny jokes. ;)

A hard decision to make, I'm sure, after all the work that's gone into the place, but an understandable one.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
You know mo, the only property you should buy is an RV..

I know you've done the RV route and it might not quite be the answer right now, so at no expense to you I propose an even better plan...............

A Bedouin Tent.

It's just YOU, always on the move. So take your home with you. The dress would suit you perfectly. And Judy, just picture here is the full harem outfit.
harem.gif

For you, today only, I can do a great deal on camels. Fine beasts, low mileage and no bad breath.

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
A lot to think about Mo and just as you'd got this place right, but we must all adapt to changing circumstances and I hope all goes as well as it can in the immediate, and longer, term for you.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I know you've done the RV route and it might not quite be the answer right now, so at no expense to you I propose an even better plan...............

A Bedouin Tent.

It's just YOU, always on the move. So take your home with you. The dress would suit you perfectly. And Judy, just picture here is the full harem outfit. View attachment 148298

For you, today only, I can do a great deal on camels. Fine beasts, low mileage and no bad breath.

@hilldweller and @old-mo , Brian , Mo has already been there and I have photos to prove it, dusky young ladies in veils, what next ;)

Feb 22, 2014
Grantham
Funster No
MH
Rapido Le Randonneur
Exp
Since 2015
Whatever you do, wherever you go, however long it takes, I wish you, peace and good fortune going forward. With blessings to you all. #big girly hug to you all. :hugs:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you think the decision is right for you then it's the right decision. Hope the viewing goes well, we love Weymouth and look forward to spending time with you there!

Thinking of you all xx

May 10, 2012
west midlands
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
we are newbies
We hope everything goes the way you want and it all works out for you Mo, be nice to come and stay at your new place if you are taking rv,s
John & Deb xx

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
You know what ole dopey here read the name Old Mo when I joined the forum nearly two years ago and had a picture in me daft head of Errrr well an old lady.. I.E. Maureen :D2

Anyway I wish you all the very best with the sale and purchase of your next property. And that everything goes smoothly .

CF.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thanks Mel..... Been in touch with my solicitor.... and what ever way we go we are going to get a massive - massive hit with inheritance tax.. :swear2: a few hundred K`s... :crying::crying:

The way we are doing it is the best financially so as not to give too much to them (HMC&T)... The kids will get hit again when Judy & I pop our clogs...

So I will spend spend spend and all that will be left will be the value of the property, I hope... :giggler: What`s the old saying..?

Spending the kids inheritance... :RollEyes::rofl:
Have you looked into setting up trusts etc ... might reduce the tax bill ...

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/articles/using-a-trust-to-cut-your-inheritance-tax

http://www.lawdonut.co.uk/business/law/personal-law/inheritance-tax-and-family-trusts

Bobby22

Free Member
Dec 15, 2013
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Rapido 680ff
Exp
since 2013
Sorry to hear your leaving your dream home. You have made it so beautiful. I enjoyed our overnight there and you seemed to have it all sussed out.

Don't be too worried about Inheritance tax you are not going anywhere soon, and when you live to 95 your grandchilren will have nothing to pay either.

Good luck Mo until we meet again

Bobby

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Mo, you and your family are in Tina and my thoughts. We hope things work out for you. Buy a gin palace on wheels sod the inheritance.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
All the best. We hope that this move will be the right one. Your luck has got to change for the better. We hope to see you at bagwell this year.

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
That's not a problem, but you should see him reverse, the reversing camera shut down it was so scared.

I will leave the reversing bit`s to you Brian..

Seeing as you made such a good job of it at @Jim `s...

Hope his new abode does not have any Motorhome eating stone wall`s.... :whistle2:

:giggler:

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I will leave the reversing bit`s to you Brian..

Seeing as you made such a good job of it at @Jim `s...

Hope his new abode does not have any Motorhome eating stone wall`s.... :whistle2:

:giggler:
That was our first meeting with you Mo - at Sir @Jim 's previous home with the motorhome eating wall (I thought it was a tree....) We knew then we had got lucky first time and joined the right club...... (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back