mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I have frequently seen requests on here for recommendations for lightweight but robust comfortable reclining chairs. So a quick heads up...

Lidl has some coming up on offer on Thursday (11 April) that might fit the bill. They have a powder-coated aluminium frame and weatherproof UV resistant covers.

We are planning to replace the pair we bought circa 15 years ago in 2004, which are of almost identical design but actually came from Aldi! After travel far and wide, and much hard use, they are still reasonably serviceable, but we think it might be sensible to get some new ones whilst they are available.

We like them because they are comfortable and flexible - ideal for relaxing with a footstool, or for eating at a table - we paid £24.99 for the original ones, so £29.99 now seems pretty good value for the quality.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/MiddleofLidl.htm?articleId=21470

There are other furniture items and cushions that match.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Not sure if of any use to you but we were in Home Bargains today and they have some recliner chairs for £22.99 (or £24.99 ... can't remember), like the below ones which are also available at Wowcher for £44.99 for 2 on their site:

Broken Link Removed

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
I have frequently seen requests on here for recommendations for lightweight but robust comfortable reclining chairs. So a quick heads up...

Lidl has some coming up on offer on Thursday (11 April) that might fit the bill. They have a powder-coated aluminium frame and weatherproof UV resistant covers.

We are planning to replace the pair we bought circa 15 years ago in 2004, which are of almost identical design but actually came from Aldi! After travel far and wide, and much hard use, they are still reasonably serviceable, but we think it might be sensible to get some new ones whilst they are available.

We like them because they are comfortable and flexible - ideal for relaxing with a footstool, or for eating at a table - we paid £24.99 for the original ones, so £29.99 now seems pretty good value for the quality.

Voucher in Sunday Times for Lidl offering 10% off. BUSBY.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
Voucher in Sunday Times for Lidl offering 10% off. BUSBY.
The voucher in The Sunday Times is the same as the one in the Sun on Sunday, and is for £10 off a £40 spend, so potentially up to 25% off, if you manage to spend exactly forty quid. ;) :)

But they have to be used by closing time on Thursday 11 April, and since that's the date the chair offer at Lidl begins, just the one day to take advantage of the money-off voucher. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ceejayt

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
RS Elysian A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Oh what I would give for a couple of camping chairs that will stand the test of time (by which I mean, last more than one season without bits falling off) Lost count of how many both cheap and expensive i ahem bought in the last 15 years.

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Am also looking at chairs, but they need to fit where we carry them. Have found quite a few qhich would be suitable but all too tall when folded. Not keen on the ones with attached leg rest as I can never get out of them easily. will have nosey at Lidyl though.

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
If you don’t mind the cost, we bought two Isabella chairs a good 6-7 years ago. Very comfortable and take a good weight, trust me. They are still as good as new, except one had to have new elastic. They don’t seem to use the elastic now.

Here is a link

Wellington

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compact 138
I have two Lafuma recliners, bought about five years ago. They are not exactly lightweight, and take a lot of space to carry, but they are very comfortable and nothing has fallen off yet, despite abuse by teenagers (not mine). Not ideal for sitting and eating at a table (at least for a short person like me) but we rarely do that outside anyway. Also, they cost a lot more than Aldi prices, but I’d say they were worth it.

Caggsie1

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
We too have lafuma, aluminium ones so are light, have had them since 2008. Occasionally need to tighten the bolts with an alyn key, but very comfy. They are just the seat, we bought stools so can lounge! I find I can’t get a comfy position with the fully reclining seat and leg rest at a table

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Cricketers

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
We just bought 2 of the Lidl chairs, very similar to our previous ones, the material failed after 10 years or so but as far as we're concerned the great advantage of them is that they're less than 60cms wide, so will fit in out Autotrail rear locker

Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Two wheel job towed.
Exp
Since 2004
We bought two of the Lidl (Florabest) chairs , certainly light and just 23” wide oa and 5 1/2” when folded , also had the Sun vouchers so net cost £31.19 each.
Unfortunately also in Lidl saw some Irish 10 year old single Malt £18.99 so couldn’t resist a couple and it’s yum :beerchug:

Last edited:
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
We used Lafuma but after three rethreads and 15 years we got a pair of Elite chairs with leg extensions. Featherweight, robust and comfortable. Still have the Lafumas at home.

OP
OP
mikebeaches

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2009
IMG_20190411_154447769.jpg

So here is one of our original circa 2004 chairs and one of the new ones purchased on Thursday, using £10 discount vouchers X 2.:)

voliviavv24

Free Member
Likes collected
Funster No
MH
just looking
I have been using a large upholstered chair for several years. It is in the hall, so I often sit on it. The chair is actually very comfortable. I like its design and the fact that it has a swivel seat. I'm very used to it and I'm not going to change it. You can look at such chairs as mine here

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Back