Reverse Camera viewing wrong way round??? (1 Viewer)

Affiliate links here may earn MHF compensation

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Has anyone any ideas as to what is causing my reverse camera to view the wrong way round? Stuff on my left is showing up as on the right, head unit is a Pioneer and everything else is working fine...

OP
OP
CaptainPaul

CaptainPaul

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2017
The Land of Saints & Scholars ☘
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu ⛱
Exp
Since 1980s
Tried that it won't highlight the mirror option to allow me to click on it, lots of other options stay lit to enable them to be activated but the setting for mirror image won't go on

Upvote 0

Stealaway

Free Member
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Has anyone any ideas as to what is causing my reverse camera to view the wrong way round? Stuff on my left is showing up as on the right, head unit is a Pioneer and everything else is working fine...
If it's Dometic take out the two fixings screws and try turning it over?

Upvote 0

Bobby-gg

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 28, 2020
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Ducato IH pvc
Exp
Since 2010
What pioneer head unit is it?

Could the rear view camera be plugged into the wrong input?

On my older pioneer head unit I had the camera plugged into the second camera input and couldn't alter any functions, swapped input and was able to set the camera up correctly

Upvote 0
Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
It's a Pioneer unit in the dashboard factory fitted so I'm presuming the camera is Pioneer too

No. My unit is pioneer but the camera is dometic. Not aware that Pioneer make cameras. Mine is also reversed. I assumed that's the way it is meant to be as there is a warning that comes up whenever reverse is selected which days' warning - the image may be reversed'. Although by using the word 'may' suggests it doesn't have to be? I've never looked into in to it to be honest. I've just got used to it. It is a pain though. Would rather it was correct.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We had this happen to ours once many years ago ... I'll have to see if I can find the thread and see how we sorted it!

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back