Replacement water pump (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Hoping someone can help. We inadvertently ran our water pump dry, since when it has become very noisy, and the pipes make a juddering noise when the water taps are switched on. The pump is coming up 6 years old, and is used a lot, so I think it is probably going to need to be replaced soon. It is a flojet R3426501, but I can’t find the same model anywhere so wonder if it is obsolete. Does anyone know which model would be the one to get as a replacement?
Thanks, in advance, for any help
Janet

Attachments

• ACF8FB10-7684-42ED-8C66-C5FA27C878E1.jpeg
    ACF8FB10-7684-42ED-8C66-C5FA27C878E1.jpeg
    566.5 KB · Views: 67

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
A few new R3426504's on eBay. Your photo does not show the lower section of your pump, so you will have to check your against the ones on eBay to see if they look the same.
The R3426504 may be a newer version of your R3426501.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 29, 2007
Wantage, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Motorhoming since 2006, 30 years tent camping in Africa
We changed our pump recently. As long as the pressure is suitable and the hose connectors work it should be fine. We went with Shurflo.

Jan 22, 2013
London SE
Funster No
MH
A class Adria vision I707
Exp
since 1971
+1 with a shurflo , ours started to leak after 13 years service so good quality, replaced with same type,

Dec 24, 2014
Hurstpierpoint. Mid Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Compass Navigator
Exp
Ever since lighting was by Calor gas.
There'll be one here that meets your flowrate, pressure and with directly interchangeable fittings. Ask them if you're not sure.
0800 5999959

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
As PJ suggests the pump may not be broken. I suggest checking if you have air in the pipes. Start by opening the tap nearest the pump and let it flow on cold until hopefully it runs properly. Then try the next tap and so on. For hot water start with the tap nearest the heater. If you have a shower on the end of a hose try lowering it as far as it will go. Sucking on the hose may also help. :)

OP
OP
J
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Thank you, everyone, for your help! I think I have solved the noisy pump/pipes issue. We have an Alde heating system. Going with PJ’s thought that the pump would be ok, and DBK’s suggestion of air in the system, I drained the hot water tank with all the taps open in the cold water position, rather than the hot water, which is what I normally do. A small amount of water drained out, then I repeated the process with the taps in the hot position, and the hot water tank completely drained. When I put the 12 volt on again, it took longer than normal to repressurise. But the taps and pipes were back normal, after a bit of spluttering and gurgling. I am still going to buy a replacement pump, just in case this one ever gives up when we are abroad. Thanks again
Janet

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Thank you, everyone, for your help! I think I have solved the noisy pump/pipes issue. We have an Alde heating system. Going with PJ’s thought that the pump would be ok, and DBK’s suggestion of air in the system, I drained the hot water tank with all the taps open in the cold water position, rather than the hot water, which is what I normally do. A small amount of water drained out, then I repeated the process with the taps in the hot position, and the hot water tank completely drained. When I put the 12 volt on again, it took longer than normal to repressurise. But the taps and pipes were back normal, after a bit of spluttering and gurgling. I am still going to buy a replacement pump, just in case this one ever gives up when we are abroad. Thanks again
Janet
Alde's boiler is designed not to fill up fully, which leaves an air gap which can be used as a damper to stop water hammer. They recommend that you drain the boiler once a month to keep the air gap intact.

OP
OP
J
Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Yes, I drain it monthly at the very least, and more often if we are living in the van for a couple of weeks. We didn’t know to do this until we got a four figure bill to have the boiler repaired a few years ago 😫😫

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back