Apr

Rally RALLY. Easter Retreat in the Cotswolds. April 14 - 19 PLACES AVAILABLE (1 Viewer)

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚🥚
1648662942752.png
please

Riverbankannie

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hello Ralliers

I am looking for a reply from everyone so that I know all have seen the arrival directions. Of course I know some of you have been before.

Please note the written directions from the website and do not follow satnav.
Also please note the warning about Bath Clear Air Zone should you be travelling from the south.
0A245AE0-E6CE-48A9-900A-7238D592E192.jpeg

1 We would also like to know which day you are arriving?
2 Would you like to pre-order any eggs? £1.50 1/2 doz with 50p of that to GWAA
3 How many bacon baps on Sunday? £1 each all to GWAA

Our charity for the weekend is the Great Western Air Ambulance
There will be a welcome drink of mulled cider or elderflower spritz on Thursday evening
A hot cross bun on Friday morning.
A Bring and buy table in marquee
A wine tasting event on Saturday evening bring a bottle and £1 - 50p to GWAA, 50p to winner of best taste
An Easter Egg hunt in the woods on Sunday morning probably before the bacon baps to work up an appetite (weather dependant)
Bacon baps Sunday Morning
A quiz night Sunday evening
A guided walk to Old Sodbury Church and the iron age fort (weather dependant)
… and anything else we can think of.

Annie

Lee Fryer

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Eastleigh
Funster No
MH
Coach built CI Carioca 15
Exp
Since June 2012
I will arrive Thursday 14th, 2 bacon baps on Sunday please,
Lee

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Hi Annie

Plan to arrive mid-afternoon on Thursday. Have been before, so think I can remember the directions. 🤞
No eggs needed, thank you.
2 Bacon Baps on Sunday please.
May bring a few Motorhome items for the Bring & Buy Table.
Great idea for the Wine Tasting. Just a thought…… should the White Wines be tasted first, followed by the Reds and being separately assessed???…..with 25% to the winner of each category. Or am I over-complicating this? :unsure:
Are you sorted for the Quiz? If so, great….. but if you are really desperate I would be willing to give running it a shot - though I should confess to only ever having done it once before to avoid raising expectations too high. :RollEyes:

Margaret and I are looking forward to the Weekend.

Brian.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Annie

Plan to arrive mid-afternoon on Thursday. Have been before, so think I can remember the directions. 🤞
No eggs needed, thank you.
2 Bacon Baps on Sunday please.
May bring a few Motorhome items for the Bring & Buy Table.
Great idea for the Wine Tasting. Just a thought…… should the White Wines be tasted first, followed by the Reds and being separately assessed???…..with 25% to the winner of each category. Or am I over-complicating this? :unsure:
Are you sorted for the Quiz? If so, great….. but if you are really desperate I would be willing to give running it a shot - though I should confess to only ever having done it once before to avoid raising expectations too high. :RollEyes:

Margaret and I are looking forward to the Weekend.

Brian.
Quiz is sorted, but thanks for the offer. White wines first is a good idea, however I have a feeling that L' Hobo has a passion for red and is secretly hoping for all reds!🤣

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
We will be arriving on Thursday, 6 hen eggs, 2 bacon baps and a preference for reds for me;, Carol rarely drinks alcohol.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Quiz is sorted, but thanks for the offer. White wines first is a good idea, however I have a feeling that L' Hobo has a passion for red and is secretly hoping for all reds!🤣

When I worked part-time behind the bar in Oz, we used to mix the two and call it 'Rose' the Poms thought it delicious!

I don't mind mixing it, honest! :LOL:

PS. I have a 'passion' for Brandy (perhaps we could have a 'taste test' for that sometime? :rofl:

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
A place has just become available for the rally - we are open for last minute Funster breaks away.
:Smile::Smile::Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Dogs
I forgot to add in my instructions, please keep dogs on leads and use only BIO degradable bags as there is a composting system. Dog waste should be put in the waste tube at the steps into the woods.
I will have a spare supply of bags for sale should you not have any.
Thank you

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Hello Annie, I will arrive on Thursday.
1 yummy bacon bap (don't mind helping with the other chefs)
I don't need eggs thank you.
Looking forward to meeting everyon.

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
A wine tasting event on Saturday evening bring a bottle and £1 - 50p to GWAA, 50p to winner of best taste
I never thought of a wine tasting as a competition, just as a way of tasting wines, a pleasant occupation. So is the winner the person who brings the best wine? Or the one who guesses the most varieties? Is it the person who spits out most accurately? Is there a booby prize?

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
I never thought of a wine tasting as a competition, just as a way of tasting wines, a pleasant occupation. So is the winner the person who brings the best wine? Or the one who guesses the most varieties? Is it the person who spits out most accurately? Is there a booby prize?
I think it is the one voted best taste done on some sort of marks out of 10 ? L' Hobo in charge !

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I think it is the one voted best taste done on some sort of marks out of 10 ? L' Hobo in charge !
Annie, obviously used to work for the Government :LOL: but yes, the prize goes to the best tasting as considered by the contestants.

( Should there be excess numbers and I hope there is for this worthy & Fun filled competition, we will split into 2 groups and a taste off, between the group winners, by the very sober, upright and very biased towards a certain colour, organiser, or a wine drinker, picked at random, should the organisers opinion be thought to impaired, will decide and his/their decision is final!)
(Don't forget your plain brown envelopes folks!) :rofl:

(I don't think the £10-20 is going to be life changing except to us OAP Orphans though :cry: and should any one wish, it can always be donated it to the Air Ambulance fund or supply more of the same for 'tasting'?)

Come on Folks, you know you want too! :Grin::Grin:

PS. If anyone really wants a Booby (Prize) they can take me out to dinner! :rofl:

Last edited:

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Who is organising the gin competition the following night?

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
How everso dare you? She's great. What was that about organising something in a brewery?

I wouldn't never dare cast aspersions about the Boss,:eek:

If you read closely, I was talking about 'MY organising skills' while answering you about 'not being stressed'? :LOL:

Oct 25, 2015
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4t
Exp
Since 2016
Arriving just after lunch on Thursday
2 bacon rolls please
White wine

Join us or log in to post a reply.