Apr

Rally RALLY. Easter Retreat in the Cotswolds. April 14 - 19 PLACES AVAILABLE (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Annie
Would like to give it a try, our first ever Rally in 11 years of motor homing
Tinkerbell
That’s great, I am putting you on the payment conversation so hopefully youvwill recieve an alert to say so.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Hi Annie
Could you put me on the list provisionally, if room .
Please
Plans are like a revolving door at the mo :giggle:

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Good morning Easter campers.

This is a shout out for volunteers to take on the onerous duty of cooking bacon for the Sunday Morning bacon rolls. Brian and Helen are donating the bacon and rolls and we will charge a £1 for our charity for the weekend which is the Great Western Air Ambulance.
Unfortunately as a vegetarian, I neither possess the skills not the equipment to cook bacon but I am willing to help. Shelter in the form of a gazebo can be erected although it will not be needed as it will be ☀️!

bacon GIF

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Good morning Easter campers.

This is a shout out for volunteers to take on the onerous duty of cooking bacon for the Sunday Morning bacon rolls. Brian and Helen are donating the bacon and rolls and we will charge a £1 for our charity for the weekend which is the Great Western Air Ambulance.
Unfortunately as a vegetarian, I neither possess the skills not the equipment to cook bacon but I am willing to help. Shelter in the form of a gazebo can be erected although it will not be needed as it will be ☀️!

bacon GIF
I don't mind helping in some way, I could be top taster perhaps?

but seriously, I'll help.

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi Targetpaster, I have the currently allocated spaces full. However I will put you on first reserve in all hopefullness of being able to offer you a space. The decisions on this will be made by Quackers depending on ground conditions on the wider areas of the field, and by lunarman who is in charge of pitching. There could of course be a cancellation too. @

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
If its of any help i have two disposable BBQ,s laying about you are welcome to them was going to bring them up in case they would come in handy
I have no experience of disposable bbqs - would they last long enough for the quantity required? They couldn’t sit on the grass of course or a camping table.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
They would last ok . I'll leftvthe brackets on which to use them still attached to boat :giggle:

Will see what i can knock upstairs, in the mean time ,that can be left at Quackers or at ground level we use a coupled of bricks or a handy breeze block .

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Thanks, We really need someone with a large outside grill or barbecue. ?

Sorry, I have not got anything like that I'm afraid, all I have is a 2x1ft cast iron griddle plate and one of those large electric lidded frying pans which, if we had electricity, could keep one lot of cooked bacon warm while we did the next batch.

Should be able to do about 12-24 rashers a batch so we should be able to manage if push comes to shove?

Your idea is better so lets see if someone else comes up with something?? 🤞

Nov 13, 2012
Somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2000
Do you have satnav coordinates for the rally location please or will postcode bs37 ??? Get us there.
Thanks Graham

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Do you have satnav coordinates for the rally location please or will postcode bs37 ??? Get us there.
Thanks Graham
This may help, from last year's rally.
Google the Cross Hands pub.
Lane is opposite a cross the road

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Not sure that link works, try this
Thanks Graham
I will post the detailed instructions with photos, they must be on that previous rally thread, I will look.
If in any doubt pull into the Cross Hands pub on main road - A46, and phone me, will give numbers in final instructions - yes I am used to motor sport events 🤣

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
I will put you as first reserve. I am hopeful of fitting you in. A lot depends on ground conditions so that is up to Quackers and lunarman. We would normally get last minute cancellations too.
Yes please, it’s my birthday on the 16th so a good excuse for a party 🤪
let me know how to pay.

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Don’t use sat nav with co-ordinates or postcode. Satnav or google maps will try and take you up an impassible lane (the lane in Clive’s video from the other end). Final instructions will be posted. 🙂
The link you posted #79 should be ample for anyone?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back