Apr

Rally RALLY. Easter Retreat in the Cotswolds. April 14 - 19 PLACES AVAILABLE (1 Viewer)

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Easter Retreat in the Cotswolds April 14 - 19

This is your next opportunity to join Broken Link Removed and Broken Link Removed on a peaceful and restful weekend at the lovely CL run by our very own Broken Link Removed, Brian and Helen.
Located 2 miles from the M4 junction 18 on the A46 towards Stroud.

Website link Woodsidefield.co.uk

The cost will be £50 for the 5 nights.

With some volunteer help, Brian and Helen will get the large marquee up so we can have shelter for drinks and a quiz and any other communal activities.

If we can keep the units far enough away, and the rain stays away, then hopefully we will have a bonfire one evening.

I will do a Hot Cross Bun run (no, don’t panic, you don’t have to run, I will go in the car 🤣) on the Friday and an Easter Egg hunt on Sunday.

This is a lovely rural site with a very large open space and adjacent walks in woodlands.

There are newly created drinking water and separate grey and black waste disposal points.

There will be room for 20 units plus the marshals. This will allow for a very good sized pitch and you may put up a popup. Dogs and children are allowed.!

A deposit will be payable by bank transfer to secure your place (details will be given in a later PM) to Riverbankannie. Full payment will be required later by March 31st.

Cancellations will attract a refund if the place can be filled by another funster on the reserve list.

What there is to do.....

Walk from the campsite along the southern edge of the Cotswolds escarpment, following the Cotswold Way Path

9F608540-F6C0-4309-870F-15504503EE7B.jpeg

View from the local church.

View of Old Sodbury from Chipping Sodbury town centre - full of independent shops and home to the TV show Baker Boys bakery.
F7E15526-3D69-4BBE-A273-FA627D3C11E8.jpeg

Walk to Sodbury Hill Bronze to Iron Age Hilltop Fort
F4D6DA74-F6B0-418A-A320-E6BB46F6A0A7.jpeg

Explore the nearby National Arboretum at Westonbirt

Westonbirt, The National Arboretum | Forestry England

Visit the lovely Dryham Park - National Trust property

Dyrham Park | National Trust

Walk to the pub for a meal

The Dog Inn

Dog Inn - Bed & Breakfast Old Sodbury, Bristol

The Cross Hands

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/gloucestershire/cross-hands-hotel/

List
Deposits Paid

Broken Link Removed Annie and John
Broken Link Removed John and Ange
Taran_Las PAID
@L’ Hobo PAID
NicM PAID
Polar bear PAID
Beemobile. PAID
Detnor PAID
Centurian PAID
dwite PAID
toledo PAID
Nanniemate PAID
millcourt ,PAID
Lee Fryer PAID
Jimx PAID
Downsie PAID. Withdrawn
Rogerwyn PAID
Dorwyn PAID
tinkerbell PAID. Withdrawn
jollyrodger PAID
the1andonly PAID
Mike800966 PAID
Targetpaster PAID

Last edited:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
count me in if the turbo is fixed if not, I will have a shiny new van

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
Easter Retreat in the Cotswolds April 14 - 19

This is your next opportunity to join Broken Link Removed and Broken Link Removed on a peaceful and restful weekend at the lovely CL run by our very own Broken Link Removed, Brian and Helen.
Located 2 miles from the M4 junction 18 on the A46 towards Stroud.

Website link Woodsidefield.co.uk

The cost will be £50 for the 5 nights.

With some volunteer help, Brian and Helen will get the large marquee up so we can have shelter for drinks and a quiz and any other communal activities.

If we can keep the units far enough away, and the rain stays away, then hopefully we will have a bonfire one evening.

I will do a Hot Cross Bun run (no, don’t panic, you don’t have to run, I will go in the car 🤣) on the Friday and an Easter Egg hunt on Sunday.

This is a lovely rural site with a very large open space and adjacent walks in woodlands.

There are newly created drinking water and separate grey and black waste disposal points.

There will be room for 20 units plus the marshals. This will allow for a very good sized pitch and you may put up a popup. Dogs and children are allowed.!

A deposit will be payable by bank transfer to secure your place (details will be given in a later PM) to Riverbankannie. Full payment will be required later by March 31st.

Cancellations will attract a refund if the place can be filled by another funster on the reserve list.

What there is to do.....

Walk from the campsite along the southern edge of the Cotswolds escarpment, following the Cotswold Way Path

View attachment 557513

View from the local church.
<Broken link removed>

View of Old Sodbury from Chipping Sodbury town centre - full of independent shops and home to the TV show Baker Boys bakery.
View attachment 557518

Walk to Sodbury Hill Bronze to Iron Age Hilltop Fort
View attachment 557519

Explore the nearby National Arboretum at Westonbirt

Westonbirt, The National Arboretum | Forestry England

Visit the lovely Dryham Park - National Trust property

Dyrham Park | National Trust

Walk to the pub for a meal

The Dog Inn

Dog Inn - Bed & Breakfast Old Sodbury, Bristol

The Cross Hands

https://www.greeneking-pubs.co.uk/pubs/gloucestershire/cross-hands-hotel/

List
Broken Link Removed Annie and John
Broken Link Removed John and Ange
Taran_Las
You have to hand it to those Iron Age people, they knew how to cut grass. It's just a shame that there's no EHU's and the shower block is outside the perimeter + the entrance looks a little narrow but now I'm being picky! ::bigsmile:

Nanniemate

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2019
Wales
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Still dropping clangers and making it up as I go along
Going to spend that money you found down the back of the sofa ??
Too right, went west in the car last weekend house shopping (again) and the weather was lovely stayed chatting on the old harbour after having burger from the Pink Pancake place it was so mild and pleasant then back to the car to drive home . left 2 vans parked up for the evening and then woke up in the morning at home with blue skies I was so disappointed to have come home. So yes I am spending the dribble account. It was there for emergencies I have been and checked all the other accounts that I thought I had closed. It was very surprising how just easy it was by just having a set amount direct debiting from one account into another and getting paid by the banks to do it. I even pay the £35.00 car tax monthly to get the DD. I was paying out 3 DD costing £4.50 and TSB paid me £5.00 to do it and it went around and around . Mind you there were loads of accounts

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Put us down please we hope to get there see how polly is

OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Hi. Yes please. Can we be added to the list?

Put us down l

Hello, could you add me to the list please.

Can you add us please
I will add you all to the PM which has the bank details for the deposit. Apologies to Centurian
as your request was ages ago, I don’t seem to get alerts for this thread, even for the post that Detnor just did. I only found it because I happened to look at what’s new and it was at the top.
Please look in the messages thread in a few minutes.

Jul 26, 2007
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since the early 90s
Please may we also be added to the list. Dave and Jane.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Anyone watching The Remains of the Day on BBC2? The lovely Dryham Park house and deer park featured in the film is less than 5 miles away from our Rally. :xThumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back