LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
Lay a short piece of toilet paper over the middle. Aim well, it wraps around as it falls in, leaving no marks to clean. It can be useful to have a disposable pokey stick available.
We keep tea stiring stick from maccy ds (other places are availsble) for just that purpose

Jul 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
I've always used our own facilities, never had a problem
Concerned maybe I have faulty bowels?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Christ sakes only bowl not your arse.... ::bigsmile: . What sort of perverts do we have on here.......
Hang around long enough and you'll become one ... there's one who has a real fetish for hose pipes and attachements, don't you suavecarve :giggle:

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We work like the Greeks..... no paper down the hole. Helps keep cassette going for longer and everything comes out easier. Pedal bin nearby with bag changed daily. Also handy for putting your feet up on whilst doing the business. To prevent bowl clingons spray with a fine mist of olive oil before commencing.... nothing grips on then.
Theres a lot to be said for the Mediterranean diet...
We refer to it as the Cyprus method. No paper down the whole.(y)

scally

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 15, 2010
essex and lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Eldiss Autoquest 320
Exp
since 1998
I am hoping that is a joke
Human waste is a bio hazard
They used to spread a mixture of night cart waste (from outside elsan type toilets) on the fields years ago as manure. Defintely not a biohazard unless you mix chemtoilet to it.

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
They used to spread a mixture of night cart waste (from outside elsan type toilets) on the fields years ago as manure. Defintely not a biohazard unless you mix chemtoilet to it.
We still do put sewage sludge to land, it is treated now though and has to be compliant. The treatment would be a lot easier if we didn't pour chemicals down and chuck all sorts of rubbish down the drains.

jako999

Free Member
Mar 21, 2021
Halesowen
Funster No
MH
Niesmann Bischoff
Exp
I never understand this problem just use it like at home. If I need to clean the bowl I just spray a little mold and mildew remover round and leave it for around 3 to 5 mins then wash as normal sparkling white.
I always say to people if your really that worried about things just replace the cassette or the loo at the end of the season and just think of the cost as part of your holiday costs after all it only works out to a few ponds a day if you think about how many days away you have.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Thanks for the reminder guys, we were away at the weekend. Packed down to come home, emptied the cassette, then the wife declares she now needs the loo again. So need to pop out tomorrow to empty it again so we dont have a stale cassette next week. Keep on top of emptying and cleaning the cassette and it is not an awful job, little more than cleaning the toilet in your house

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
Can't see the point of bowel liners and other similar things useless all you achieve is filling up the cassette quicker. It's the last thing you want when wilding.
I don't think I will be doing much wilding and intend to use the Greek-style toilet paper disposal method! I just want to avoid skid marks in the porta potti when I am away !

GirlyVanGirly

Free Member
Nov 21, 2020
Beside the Seaside, beside the Sea! East Sussex
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
18 months
I remember my Dad buying 'Dagfert' from the local sewage works for the garden, fortunately he didn't grow veg, just roses and dahlias!

deleted79651

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
I don't think I will be doing much wilding and intend to use the Greek-style toilet paper disposal method! I just want to avoid skid marks in the porta potti when I am away !
'Undeterred': 'skid mark' (y) :ROFLMAO: (y)

Steve

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back