Polished and waxed toilet bowl (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Basildog

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Hi, Basildog what did you use to clean the loo ?
Lots of people will say you should be careful with plastic but I never have been !
Noticed toilet was starting to look a bit off colour as have just been using damp cloth , so used bleach on a cloth to get clean then polished up with some old dry polishing rags with SRP residue then waxed with Collinite 476
Have tried the Rain X plastic but it was rubbish (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Just a word of warning re.plastic I used a spray cleaner to clean the showeroom sink in my Rapido and it turned it into corn flakes as I watched ,it was an expensive mistake at the time as the new sink cost an arm and a leg ,I note that Rapido have changed the sink to a stainless one now. I was given the spray cleaner by the lady cleaner in work to try out :rolleyes:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Aquakem Pink rinse in the flush water.. OR if the flush water comes from the main tank as our's does, keep a spray bottle with diluted 'Pink" to use after flushing..

keeps the bowl clean and slippy and according to the label, it leaves a protective layer to stop the build-up of bacteria.

Bowl will still need cleaning occasionally, only use plastic safe cleaners.. these are generally labeled 'green' products , usually citrus, but do check label.

or Thetfords own product , pricey but it does work

https://www.thetford-europe.com/product/toilet-bowl-cleaner/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Basildog

Basildog

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 21, 2018
Funster No
Aquakem Pink rinse in the flush water.. OR if the flush water comes from the main tank as our's does, keep a spay bottle with diluted 'Pink" to use after flushing..

keeps the bowl clean and slippy and according to the label, it leaves a protective layer to stop the build-up of bacteria.

Bowl will still need cleaning occasionally, only use plastic safe cleaners.. these are generally labeled 'green' products , usually citrus, but do check label.

or Thetfords own product , pricey but it does work

https://www.thetford-europe.com/product/toilet-bowl-cleaner/
I stopped using the pink years ago as it turns the separate toilet tanks black (n)
Can't see how it prevents bacteria as they seem to look very it (y)

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Furniture polish works a treat.
Have discovered bowl liners.
Work a treat!

Screenshot_20180815-103214_Samsung Internet.jpg

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Have discovered bowl liners.
Work a treat!

hmm. probably useful if you are a pebbledasher, :eek:

I open slide and into the cassette .. bombs away (y)

The SOG takes care of the after-burn :LOL:

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Strewth, if hubby used those we'd be bankrupt in no time! :D2

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
If you use spray bleach on plastic surfaces like showertrays, toilet bowls, etc. It will ruin the plastic by turning it brittle and cracking it.
You have been warned !
I worked for a manufacturer of these things and we warned about this in the instructions, did people take any notice ? NO. Some bleaches are really powerful and will eat through plastic in no time. Warm soapy water is perfect.
Phil

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I’m another fan of happy bowls!! Also keep a spray bottle of the ‘pink’ by the side of the loo and use every other day approx.

Reactions: Pia

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
We have moved away from the spray bottle with a diluted Thetford Pink solution, as even with that correctly diluted, over time urine staining of the bowl was still apparent. :(

We now use a diluted citric acid mix in the same spray bottle, and have done for about a year now. As a result, the need for things like cream cleanser and Thetford's bowl cleaner (expensive) is very rare. (y)

I can't comment on the "slip sliding away" bit, as our usage is the same as @scotjimland's, ie, flap open and bombs away, with the SOG expelling the odours. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I tried the super resin polish on my loo yesterday....super slide effect ..even a wee doesn't need a flush there's not a trace of it left :p

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
I just clean the bowl with a baby wipe each day...... our last loo looked like new at 3 years and over 600 nights away (y)

Last edited by a moderator:

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Blimey. Never thought of wax polishing the bog!

Must add it to the wife’s job list.

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
We have moved away from the spray bottle with a diluted Thetford Pink solution, as even with that correctly diluted, over time urine staining of the bowl was still apparent. :(

We now use a diluted citric acid mix in the same spray bottle, and have done for about a year now. As a result, the need for things like cream cleanser and Thetford's bowl cleaner (expensive) is very rare. (y)

I can't comment on the "slip sliding away" bit, as our usage is the same as @scotjimland's, ie, flap open and bombs away, with the SOG expelling the odours. :LOL:

Cheers,

Jock. :)
Glad your flaps still opening Jock:D(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back