Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Think Pip is into the rebellious ‘teenage years’.
Gave her a chew ’bone’ leant over from my chair and looked at her and she came up all teeth and snarling, ears back, nearly fell off the chair!
She got told off for that.
Next night I was a bit more careful, she seemed ok so carefully put my hand down to scratch the top of her head and I could feel her tension up, so I asked her if I could see the bone after holding my hand out and saying hand (as I’ve been teaching her to do) she promptly gave me the bone!
She is pushing boundaries and has quite a stubborn streak but we are seeing a lot of character coming thru and I would rather have a happy inquisitive dog than a ‘yes‘ dog.
I taught her early on that I need to see what she has and always gave it back (unless it was something nasty) so I think the aberration is just growing up!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Pip is in for her big Op next Friday!
I‘m not looking forward to it and I’m sure if she knew what was coming she would feel the same!
Asked about 6 Vets for their prices for neutering and they ranged from £336 to £180!!!
it’s ridiculous that they can charge just what they fancy and, of course, we pay it.
Went for the £180 that includes painkillers etc, and we already have a bodysuit that fits.

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I‘m not looking forward to it and I’m sure if she knew what was coming she would feel the same!
Asked about 6 Vets for their prices for neutering and they ranged from £336 to £180!!!
it’s ridiculous that they can charge just what they fancy and, of course, we pay it.
Went for the £180 that includes painkillers etc, and we already have a bodysuit that fits.
I hope the op goes smoothly and she’s soon back to normal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
That's earlier than our vet recommends but I think Pippa is a bit bigger than our Minky so that may be why, as she's under 10kg her op (on 9th Feb) ours is gonna cost £150 less 10% (a discount for having the puppy jabs etc done there) so final cost will be £135.

That reminds me, I'll have to dig out Tazzy's baby vest and see if it fits!

IMG_20191129_225713.jpg

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Pip is 7months 2weeks now so don’t think that is too early and there’s no way we can cope with a bitch in heat in the van! She is very fit now in fact it’s hard to wear her out!
Vets will neuter younger than that but it does depend on the animal.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Poor Pip, she’s such a baby, she screams if she even thinks you’ve stepped on a toe!
She cried all the way home from the Vet and all afternoon, finally quietened down about 6pm.
Slept well ‘til 3.30am then needed a wee and came up to bed with us after that.
She’s not keen on the bodysuit but it’s better than the lampshade!
Moving a lot better this morning but milking it for all it’s worth!
0DE6FA33-3BED-4DD3-9588-F2801C657953.jpeg

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
I hope she recovers quickly. We used an inflatable donut type collar on the last dog we had spayed. She didn’t mind wearing it and seemed to like using it as a pillow!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
How's Pippa doing?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Pippa is fine, thanks.
Walked down the beach yesterday and back through woods she was very happy to be out for her favourite walk.
Her scar looks good and she is moving well.
Funny tho she seems to think she has to stay in her bed regardless of anything including wanting a drink of water or to go out. We have to lever her out of bed to take her out and even take water to her, then she will drink it!
Stitches out next Thursday.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Pippa is fine, thanks.
Walked down the beach yesterday and back through woods she was very happy to be out for her favourite walk.
Her scar looks good and she is moving well.
That's good, it's tempting to let them have a romp about as soon as the external scar is healed fully but the internals may take a bit longer so a few extra days' restraint is a good policy.

Funny tho she seems to think she has to stay in her bed regardless of anything including wanting a drink of water or to go out. We have to lever her out of bed to take her out and even take water to her, then she will drink it!
Why not ... if she can't 'milk' having a servant now when can she! :giggle:

Stitches out next Thursday.
I can't remember if ours had to have that done or if they were dissolving type ones as it was so long ago ... I'm sure she'll be fine though.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Thanks Minxy.
Made a boo-boo last night, took her out for her bed time pee and both forgot to close the flap!
Looked at it this morning and she’s done a good job of cleaning it up and removing at least 2 stitches!
Looks really good tho so will just carry on lifting and carrying, luckily she doesn’t seem to want to jump anywhere!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Pippa was back at Vets this morning and now has a couple of staples in her belly!
She had to go back as one stitch had got engulfed in skin and altho it was supposedly disintegrating it was a hard lump and quite tight.
Vet said she would have her in if we were worried and get it out under local anaesthetic. Thought that was a good idea as it looked uncomfortable and seeing as we leave this area in 11 days time I didn’t fancy paying another vet to sort it.
Went to collect her and receptionist said £65 please!
I asked if they expected me to pay for their problem as Pip had gone back 3 times to supposedly
have her stitches out!
So Pip now has free jewellery on her belly, and still bouncing!

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
That's earlier than our vet recommends but I think Pippa is a bit bigger than our Minky so that may be why, as she's under 10kg her op (on 9th Feb) ours is gonna cost £150 less 10% (a discount for having the puppy jabs etc done there) so final cost will be £135.
Rosie is nearly 13 months now - keep expecting first season 🤣, still waiting for daughter to decide if she wants puppies 😱

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Thanks Minxy.
Made a boo-boo last night, took her out for her bed time pee and both forgot to close the flap!
Looked at it this morning and she’s done a good job of cleaning it up and removing at least 2 stitches!
Looks really good tho so will just carry on lifting and carrying, luckily she doesn’t seem to want to jump anywhere!
Our dog managed to remove her collar and all her stitches the evening after her surgery !!!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Thankfully Minky has been quite good ... I tried a baby-vest with a hole cut out for her tail but she could still sneak her narrow nose in to lick but stopped when we told her, she's healed up nicely and is dying to have a run but has to wait another 5 days (2 weeks since op) before she can be let off, mind you I don't know why as she's fair belting around this place like a nutter!

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Has she got used to the water, now?

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Has she got used to the water, now?
She’s not worried about puddles but not been in the sea, she keeps the surf just clear of her But she will retrieve her ball out of the receding surf.
I think when we go paddling in the spring she will be ok

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
This little monster is sleeping thru the night, asking to go out for wee etc, sits to command, walking well on her lead and will leave a treat on the floor if told to!
She seems to have got the fact that she shouldn’t be biting us so hard but forgets when excited, she sits for her food and will come-most times-when called.

View attachment 530789

View attachment 530785
Cutie!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I’m really p…d off with the Vet.
Surely being a Vet and taking out staples you would inspect the site to k
make sure it’s ok……that way you would notice that there was another staple to take out!
I should have checked I suppose but with something simple like that you would think ‘that’s good all done’!
No.
Later in the day when she was relaxed we had a good look and there under a tuft of fur was……a staple!
This was Monday 28th Feb too late in the day to get back to Vet plus the frame was on the toad as we are leaving here this morning.
I sent them an indignant email last night.
Now if we can keep her still we will try to get it out otherwise we have to take the whole ‘shebang’-van and toad all the way to the Vet for one staple! I’m not paying another Vet to take it out!
Needless to say I’m not impressed with this Vets work!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
In France now, she’s handled all the travelling well and the Tunnel, even into Belgium to get the EU Passport!
Found a lovely village pond complete with ducks and big fish, managed to get Pip paddling up to her belly. Then I got hold of her harness and with the lead on put her into deeper water, there was a lot of splashing, she certainly isn’t a natural swimmer but she didn’t panic, she didn’t hold it against me either as she was straight back in paddling!
On our way back to Aire she was running up and down the stream we were walking alongside, think she will be fine just needs more confidence with the wet stuff!
Unfortunately I don’t have a photo!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
just changed my Avatar to show off Pip’s ruff!
She now loves water and as soon as we go anywhere near it she just wants to go and play in it.
Wadded across a big beach pool the other day and she just followed even a few strokes of splashy swimming!

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Had a walk to the Grande Cascade at Mortain and Pippa went paddling as soon as she saw the water
2B06CCB3-83CA-4A77-82B5-32B4A86A786F.jpeg
5B14ED32-8731-46EF-AEB6-5576BBD42B88.jpeg
E4B29C5E-EE88-4A4B-85E1-B2E148F3D2DC.jpeg

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Pippa found out you should look before you jump, went in a outlet from a fishing pond and got a bit mucky and she got put in a clean deep bit to clean off😊
CBE19439-AF05-4EA3-9AE5-B2A599C8AEBB.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back