Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Long day, all the way to near Chippenham, longer back as had Pippa with us.
Had a few whimpers but apart from that and a bit of biscuit brought back she was very good.
Eaten a bit of supper, pooed outside then christened the van floor with a wee!
Finally stopped now, thank goodness! Batteries will be charged soon and she’ll
off again!
Missed the bed tho!
image.jpg

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
She is adorable :love: I’m glad she’s settling in nicely(y)

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
Long day, all the way to near Chippenham, longer back as had Pippa with us.
Had a few whimpers but apart from that and a bit of biscuit brought back she was very good.
Eaten a bit of supper, pooed outside then christened the van floor with a wee!
Finally stopped now, thank goodness! Batteries will be charged soon and she’ll
off again!
Missed the bed tho!View attachment 526843

I was reading the text in your post so could only see the top half of the photo and thought you were talking about the doll - thought you had lost it! :LOL:

Geoff

Oct 14, 2013
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
rollerteam zefiro
Exp
10 + years
She is a little sweetie :giggle: bless her .

Silvia

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Remarkably good night.
Slept in her open crate thru the evening, after bedtime wee she whimpered cried and howled for about 4 or 5 mins, was determined not to react at all and she suddenly settled and slept right thru to 7 am without a misshap!
Came to bed for cuddles after doing everything outside, didn’t really want breakfast but was persuaded to eat some, played like a lunatic and is now crashed again.
She seems quite intelligent, is quite happy to have a collar and lead on as long as you’re going where she wants to go, and has nearly mastered the art of looking at me for a treat, definitely knows the sound of a bag of grub!
Little star, but expect it all to go the other way anytime!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
This little monster is sleeping thru the night, asking to go out for wee etc, sits to command, walking well on her lead and will leave a treat on the floor if told to!
She seems to have got the fact that she shouldn’t be biting us so hard but forgets when excited, she sits for her food and will come-most times-when called.

0F534F91-3100-495B-BA0C-37FCCF486BB6.jpeg

F5D72477-2ECA-4B0A-8E5A-4A69F4A935A3.jpeg

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
We have decided that our little monster is definitely looking more and more like a Parsons Russell than a Jack Russell, but that’s fine as they have a longer leg. She is also developing a furry face and longer hairs on her body so will be broken coated, probably.
Looking at her mum, Inca, we thought she was a small Parsons, long legged and fine boned.
At 11 weeks old now she knows sit, leave, no, and I spent a bit of time yesterday teaching her to ‘shake a paw’ (hand shake) this morning she raised her paw first try, we are trying now for ‘hand’ which means to us bring a toy to my hand.
She is also getting better on the lead, not leaning on her collar so much.
Not going to teach much more now, don’t want her head exploding :giggle: but next on the list is recall!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
She’s gorgeous.😍
Brynn our JRT has a tri coloured broken coated dad JRT and a white and tan smooth coated Parson Russell terrier mum.
He’s 1 in a couple of weeks and has developed a tri coloured broken coat like his dad and a longer straight leg like his mum.
He’s a lovely temperament too. Great with other dogs, sheep, cats and little children and he’s not a yapper.
We’ve always had Border terriers previously. But Brynn is a real character. We love him to bits.
As an 8 week old pup.
77E357BB-010C-412E-AD6A-366637A7134F.jpeg

with his 15 year old mentor Buster our Border Terrier
88FAB677-6284-4776-B8F0-911AE5658671.jpeg
A27B078B-2BB1-4CD4-BEB4-602188A6D05B.jpeg

Cheeeeeese
FEF4BC74-3C82-4706-8A14-FBC5FEC89B0F.jpeg

Last Friday in our local chippy Capplemans in his favourite spot . His fluffy coat is coming on nicely .
963B870E-E58F-4F27-921E-7F1BC2886A2E.jpeg

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Brynn is a good looking lad, hope this one turns out as good!
Pip doesn’t have a mentor but she seems to learn very quickly, has her second jab on Friday, hopefully she can go out & about a bit, but still has to have the third & final one!
Been looking at pics on Internet of adult & puppy Parsons and she seems to have the right look.

E6E3A0C7-15D8-4A3D-A419-84628BD9DBD0.jpeg

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I was against having a puppy in the MoHo but it’s-so far-turning out quite well, another thing was a crate for puppy, never had anything to do with crates before. We have had a few (liquid) accidents but they have mostly been our fault for not paying attention, we now seem to be sorted.
The last puppy I had was in the 80’s and came to me housetrained And had an older dog as a mentor!
Pip absolutely loves her crate, I suppose it helped as she was born in one and they were in it up until they found the open door, it was never shut!
Because of space we put it up in the evening and she can please herself if she uses it-she usually does, she is silent throughout the night until about 6am! When we put it in the car she can’t wait to get in and travels really well, not travelled in the van yet!
All in all she is so good but I’m dreading the equivalent of the ‘terrible twos’ and the teenage months when she rebells!
She is growing really fast and we’ve decided she’s going to be a Giraffe-long neck and long legs!
Just had her second jab and Kennel cough vaccine so next week we can all go for a short walk! She saw MiL’s cat today and that sent her into outer space, she was so hyper it took ages to calm her, when we got back to the van she took it out on her toys!
There is a small scruffy Terrier near us on the CS and it is a noisy one, luckily Pip doesn’t respond, she just sits up a bit taller and watches. She is a great watcher, she likes to see everything that’s happening And fascinated at the tractors and implements going up the road!

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Pip has been brilliant travelling in the car, only crying if she needs a wee.
Thursday was her first journey in the MoHo.
Set her crate up behind/between front seats so she could see us, gave her a treat filled Kong and travelled about 40 miles, good as gold.
We attached the crate to the seat belt fixings with hooks and loops cut from inner tubes which pulled the crate tight into the back/sides of the two seats.
Friday was THE day, she had her 2nd jab a week ago, so it was first proper walk day! She couldn’t believe her luck, out & about at last! Found some long grass and went loopy in it, tearing round and falling over!
Saturday was another travelling day, bit longer this time and we had to stop for a wee.
This CS is on the bank of a small river/brook. She wouldn’t go near the water but after a while of sitting on the bank with her she would at least go down the bank to look at the water-too deep for her tho to go in!
From that to 30mins later she was hauling river weed up the bank and shaking it to soak us!
Sorry I didn’t have camera!

The CS is ‘Riverside Gardens’ small bit of ground right on river bank. No EHU.
584540FC-DE78-4BA9-8A6E-D8CB9474862A.jpeg

Apr 12, 2012
N/E Lincs
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Rienza
Exp
as above
Nice to hear Pip is settling in to motorhome life and travelling well. She has more energy than our Paddy.
He has become a lazy old boot. Considering he is supposed to be eight years old he seems to spend a lot of time asleep. There are occasional bursts of energy but they don’t last long. I think he is happy to be settled into a normal life with no stress so why shouldnt he have a lazy life now.
Save you’re energy Pip you have a long way to go yet with lots of new adventures on route.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Pip at present seems to be a bit advanced, she only coming up 14 weeks and seems to be starting to teethe.
She gets spells of hyperactivity and will cry for no reason and her favourite toy is getting really rough treatment. She get parts of it into her back teeth and chews hard!
We found the other day that she can catch a ball on the bounce-in mid air that’s her and the ball In mid air! She can also jump incredible distances and heights, we know she’s not supposed to be doing these things but how do you tell a puppy that!
She is finding her voice too, she growls at her toys when playing and she has a super bark, only when she doesn’t understand something outside near her van!
BEA2D72C-463A-484E-AC7D-46FE76AB4298.jpeg

Caggsie1

Free Member
Sep 2, 2013
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2008
I’ve always said to hubby if I could guarantee a scruffy one I’d have a Jr tomorrow.

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Yes, a scruffy dog always looks-to me-as tho they have more character. I know they don’t really but they just look that way.
I think Pip is going to be a classy little dog…..maybe less of the little! We were expecting a JRT but seem to have got a PRT!

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
Mine are 13 now and still running around although they have slowed a bit😁
Brother and sister they have different coats, Charlie is smooth as velvet and Holly a bit rough..
Love terriers and wouldn’t have anything else…
D1E4FC14-3B21-4176-B719-58D5FD772894.jpeg

OP
OP
Shrimp

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I think Pip would be ok at agility, she is definitely agile she made it from the big cushion onto the drop down bed the other day! I nearly had heart failure!!
Watching her this morning she had the base of her bed out and was humping it….bit early but she is advanced in everything so will see what Vet reckons when we go for last jab in couple of weeks.
She has started chewing hard now, got a special chew bone for her trouble is when she decides to play with it that’s when it gets thrown and it lands on your toes…..ouch!

Edit. Just been reading about humping and apparently female & male puppies from 6 weeks old will hump, playfulness or stress. Seeing as she was playing I‘ll put it down to that, but will still talk to Vet.
No way we could cope with a litter in the van!

Last edited:

Zoobec

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2020
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer PVC
Exp
Yoshi is about week younger than Pip and has intermittently humped one of his toys, he did it a few weeks ago but then hadn’t seen him do it again, then he’s done it the odd time the other day, I read similar to you. I think Yoshi would like agility but apparently you need to try not to let them jump until they are fully grown. Try telling a pup that though :rofl:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
All in all she is so good but I’m dreading the equivalent of the ‘terrible twos’ and
We've been going through that for a while now, not sure if Minky has missed the quieter bit in between and gone straight to an early teen time or if we've still got that to come later!
She is growing really fast and we’ve decided she’s going to be a Giraffe-long neck and long legs!
Bit like Minky but that's from her Chihuahua dad.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back