Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Hi all,
I have blindly agreed to take a punt on a part exchange thats coming in. In truth I have not had much experience with Pilote as a brand.
If anyone knows the model, its a 2017 Pilote G781 Emotion.
Looks like a smart piece of kit!
Si

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I think they are good vans. Traded my Pilote up for a Le Voyageur which is the same group. They are as well made as any on the market

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Vic. Parsons.

Free Member
Mar 2, 2015
Wales
Funster No
MH
Hymermobil S740
Exp
since 2014
Also Bavaria made by the same group. Not bad looking, but out French friends who have a Bavaria tag axle have spent way too much time at the Pilote factory having major warranty repair work done, like a new dash ×2 because it cracked, new table, new fridge freezer ×2, new Surflow pump ×3, new Truma boiler, new hab door lock ×2, etc. The list goes on. Van is now 4 years old and they're struggling to sell it.

Bonkers the Dog

Free Member
Nov 9, 2018
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
2 yrs
I've got an explorateur G782, 63 plate, 50k, 3lt auto, tag axle, 4 berth and fully loaded.

I love it, it's the dugzbaws!

I have had it almost a year, I've not had any problems that I couldn't sort myself such as duff leisure batteries, a Hab door handle that required replacement (but I suspect that could have been my daughter swinging on it whilst having a force ten tantrum!) and a 3 way fridge that needed a good clean and service, but that was poor performance from the dealer rather than a manufacturing problem.

It's built like a tank, goes like a train, stable as a rock, is as warm as toast and turns heads wherever it goes. It is spacious and modern, well constructed and as dry as a bone.

I would buy another.
IMG_20190406_141510608_HDR.jpg

Can't say fairer than that.

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Pilote are quiet well thought of here in France. Good quality workmanship that seem to last. My brother in-law has a 2001 which looks like new inside. I have a Bavaria which is part of the same group. I've had mine two years with no problems so far. Both are left out all year round.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Hi all,
I have blindly agreed to take a punt on a part exchange thats coming in. In truth I have not had much experience with Pilote as a brand.
If anyone knows the model, its a 2017 Pilote G781 Emotion.
Looks like a smart piece of kit!
Si
Ours is a nearly a year old and apart from a faulty window blind it been perfect , clocked up 7,000 last summer around Europe .
When is it going to be advertised on your website
BC093EE4-BBB2-4741-85EC-D485B7EDA939.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Ours is a nearly a year old and apart from a faulty window blind it been perfect , clocked up 7,000 last summer around Europe .
When is it going to be advertised on your website
Hi Neil, collecting it tomorrow. Its another Managers Father in Laws old van. Apparantly had £15000 worth of option and accessories so looking forward to seeing it!

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Thanks all, sounds like a good vehicle to have bought.

Si

May 14, 2014
Funster No
MH
Now a little one
Had a 2016 G740C A class for three years from new, before downsizing late last year.

No problems whatsoever in the three years, really well built with a good specification. Dealer sold mine within 48 hours of it going on the sales lot.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Ahem, nor wishing to spoil the fun. I bought a 600L in July last year after previously owning two Hymers. I find that the Pilote looks better but it feels soooooo flimsy.
I am still waiting for spares to have both the windscreen blind and hab door blinds repaired. I have spoken to a Pilote dealer who told me that the windscreen blind system was replaced as the system I have was troublesome, mine is a 2016 model.
The non Pilote dealer I bought the van from are still adamant that they can get replacement parts while I know that they damn well can't. :oops: :oops:
Did I say that I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM CAMPBELLS OF PRESTON.

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Simon Howards Motorhomes
I would appreciate you opinion of the windscreen blind mechanism when you take the van, however I fully understand should you not wish to do so.
Many thanks.
Norman.

Jun 22, 2011
Onchan, Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Nov 2010 after 25 yrs under canvas.
We have good friends who have owned a Pilote for at least 6 years now and they are very happy with it. For what it's worth we looked at one in the SMC showroom last year and were not impressed by the quality. There was even a broken panel with screws sticking out.

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
Ahem, nor wishing to spoil the fun. I bought a 600L in July last year after previously owning two Hymers. I find that the Pilote looks better but it feels soooooo flimsy.
I am still waiting for spares to have both the windscreen blind and hab door blinds repaired. I have spoken to a Pilote dealer who told me that the windscreen blind system was replaced as the system I have was troublesome, mine is a 2016 model.
The non Pilote dealer I bought the van from are still adamant that they can get replacement parts while I know that they damn well can't. :oops: :oops:
Our Habitation door blind failed and our dealer got a replacement from Pilote within 3 weeks so they seem to get parts out fairly quickly

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
We have had our 2014 G741 since July 2019 and although impressed by the build quality (on par with the Hymers/Rapido and Burstner we have owned) it has to be the noisiest van on the road we have had. It bangs and creaks and groans but we are working our way through it to deaden the noise.

TUCANO is yours an A Class?

Nov 10, 2019
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2011
What is the problem with the blinds?

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
Hope this works as I have never tried multi-quoting before,
I am intrigued now!
I will have a look. Due to get it on Thursday.
We have had our 2014 G741 since July 2019 and although impressed by the build quality (on par with the Hymers/Rapido and Burstner we have owned) it has to be the noisiest van on the road we have had. It bangs and creaks and groans but we are working our way through it to deaden the noise.

TUCANO is yours an A Class?
What is the problem with the blinds?
Mr Colpot, this van is also the noisiest I have known and I put it down to being on the lighter Ducato chassis as my last two vans were on the Maxi.
Simon Howard Motorhomes, the blind is a vertical system as opposed to the side to side closing of other makes. To close the blind you have to pinch two clips together in the centre which should release the end locking mechanism to pull down the blinds. A system that was replaced by Pilote about the 16 -17 reg period because of inherent problems.
The Freeminer, as above.
An A class Pilote G600l.
Norman.

Jan 20, 2019
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740
Exp
Since 2019
We have had one for about a year now (albeit a different model). But for the budget that we had we thought it looked like a good option compared to what else was out there.
We have used it fairly regularly with no issues. If we were looking to upgrade we would be happy to buy another.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
I have had a 2008 Pilote Explorateur 730FGJ for three years and love it. The fridge can be a pain in the arse on gas (Dometic) but they are known for their issues. You soon learn how to clean the burner etc. Layout of van is spot on. Currently travelling in Spain. Fingers crossed....no issues

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Something was nagging at my mind. (dux nailed it). When we where looking to change, from the Caravan, we actually looked at Le Voyager. The quality looked to be reasonable, but we could not find one with an accessible Bed that we could use.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hope this works as I have never tried multi-quoting before,

Mr Colpot, this van is also the noisiest I have known and I put it down to being on the lighter Ducato chassis as my last two vans were on the Maxi.
Simon Howard Motorhomes, the blind is a vertical system as opposed to the side to side closing of other makes. To close the blind you have to pinch two clips together in the centre which should release the end locking mechanism to pull down the blinds. A system that was replaced by Pilote about the 16 -17 reg period because of inherent problems.
The Freeminer, as above.
An A class Pilote G600l.
Norman.
That blind system must have changed from the 2014 system which was vertical and without any issues

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
I have had a 2008 Pilote Explorateur 730FGJ for three years and love it. The fridge can be a pain in the arse on gas (Dometic) but they are known for their issues. You soon learn how to clean the burner etc. Layout of van is spot on. Currently travelling in Spain. Fingers crossed....no issues
You didn't get it from BCS Manchester by any chance did you?

Feb 2, 2019
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Pilote G740C
Exp
Howard Motorhomes, the blind is a vertical system as opposed to the side to side closing of other makes. To close the blind you have to pinch two clips together in the centre which should release the end locking mechanism to pull down the blinds. A system that was replaced by Pilote about the 16 -17 reg period because of inherent problems
Our 2016 van has the same blinds. It appears to have suffered issues before we got it as therequested is reference to warranty work in the file. However, although it works a treat it has suffered some damage probaby by the fitters at the dealers being heavy handed when checking them which has resulted in the paper pleats being squashed....and we never noticed so can't prove it wasn't us!
Although it doesn't effect the operation, I'd like to fit a new one. Any idea of cost and where to get one?

Jul 25, 2010
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2009
We traded our Carthago for a Le Voyageur in June. We are very impressed with her. Lots of space, comfy and great build quality

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
DuxDeluxe still vertical but more a bind than a blind.
Chilloutsolutions l can only suggest that you contact Pilote but they won't be cheap.
We traded our Carthago for a Le Voyageur in June. We are very impressed with her. Lots of space, comfy and great build quality
Alloy electric shutters on the Le Voyageur.

build quality on mine is streets ahead of anything else I have experienced. Rare as hen’s teeth it seems.....

Jul 10, 2017
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I've got an explorateur G782, 63 plate, 50k, 3lt auto, tag axle, 4 berth and fully loaded.

I love it, it's the dugzbaws!

I have had it almost a year, I've not had any problems that I couldn't sort myself such as duff leisure batteries, a Hab door handle that required replacement (but I suspect that could have been my daughter swinging on it whilst having a force ten tantrum!) and a 3 way fridge that needed a good clean and service, but that was poor performance from the dealer rather than a manufacturing problem.

It's built like a tank, goes like a train, stable as a rock, is as warm as toast and turns heads wherever it goes. It is spacious and modern, well constructed and as dry as a bone.

I would buy another.View attachment 356846

Can't say fairer than that.

that looks one hell of a van tbf

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back