Pilote - any good? (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
Looks like I got your old van Lunarman. ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Looks like I got your old van Lunarman. ?
I had it for nearly 4 years but never felt comfortable driving it reverted to a coach built. Loved the garage and the layout was good for us. Had uprated springs fitted as the 3ltr engine caused the front to be low and I could not even put it on ramps without them fouling the body.
Still going strong is it.

Jan 1, 2019
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 PL
Exp
Since 2017
All good with the van. Parked up in Garrucha at present. Garage is a nice size and layout perfect. Interested.....what van did you trade it in for?

Jan 27, 2018
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Had our 700gj for almost 12 months now and have to say we are overall very pleased and everything works well, any "problems" have been mainly my fault / ignorance. We have the blinds that pull up and not across, no noise from them at all and very easy to operate.

We dealt with Dicksons of Perth who I would highly recommend.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi all,
I have blindly agreed to take a punt on a part exchange thats coming in. In truth I have not had much experience with Pilote as a brand.
If anyone knows the model, its a 2017 Pilote G781 Emotion.
Looks like a smart piece of kit!
Si
My first new van purchase was a Pilote, great van with excellent customer service. Mind you that was 30+years ago... :giggler:

B93OldProp

Free Member
Jan 14, 2020
Funster No
MH
Pilote G781
Exp
Since 2014
Current moho is a 2017 Pilote G781 Emotion, bought from new with quite a few farkles and gizmos as it was a show showoff at the NEC (180hp 2.3l, twin leisure batteries, 120w solar panel).

Great bit of kit, with no major failings - although I recognise some of the issues mentioned higher up the thread.

The front blind is a bonkers bit of engineering - the linkage from the central pinch wossname is a straight piece of coat hangar-type wire, which retracts the spring pin that holds the blind half way down (or up). It's a jam waiting to happen, and did. As it's a fairly superfluous feature, I put a self-tapper into each end, to hold the spring pin back full time and all is grand.

The table is another item that Pilote got right after this version - ours has a concealed centre section which pops up to make the table a full-on six seater. The metalwork that makes that happen adds a lot of weight, which when it was sitting on a gas-lift pedestal meant that any drinks were always in danger from the wobbling. Pilote were good enough to change the leg under warranty to a static one, which improved things a fair bit - but later year issues have a much simpler and lighter table top, which I covet (but not enough to shell out for).

The only 'proper' warranty issue was an early-life water pump failure, which was quickly sorted once we were back in the UK (yeah, outbound through Belgium wasn't an ideal place for it to go TU .. )

Bits which we really like are the full-width door, and also the slide-out larder cupboard (they take up the extra 40cm over the 741 model), the 180 horse motor which is a plus with the 4500kg chassis, and the garage which gets two full-size bikes in with the bed at full lift.

SAM_3963.JPG

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Had our 700gj for almost 12 months now and have to say we are overall very pleased and everything works well, any "problems" have been mainly my fault / ignorance. We have the blinds that pull up and not across, no noise from them at all and very easy to operate.

We dealt with Dicksons of Perth who I would highly recommend.
Except the twat of a director at Dicksons who was caught kicking his dog. Dog kicker!

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Internals will follow. The interior is well built, has lots of toys and I love the leather. More importantly its cosy for cold wet nights.
I must admit, even from the outside, its mint. Its actually a really good looking van even though it should look hideous!

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Nice van. Front always reminds me of early type Esterels.

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
Also learning about the brand and researching spec etc (I can't sell it if I know nothing about it!) I have learnt an interesting fact. Did you know that Pilote used a motorhome to complete the Paris - Dakar race, its how they came up with their company slogan - Make the World your home!

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
I specifically bought one of the last of the old 'face' models as the front of the newer ones as here looks like Darth Vaders helmet to me, each to their own :whistle2:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi all,
I have blindly agreed to take a punt on a part exchange thats coming in. In truth I have not had much experience with Pilote as a brand.
If anyone knows the model, its a 2017 Pilote G781 Emotion.
Looks like a smart piece of kit!
Si
Looked on your website but not shown yet. Are you selling or trading?

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
Did you know that Pilote used a motorhome to complete the Paris - Dakar race, its how they came up with their company slogan - Make the World your home
From the Red Bull tv and Eurosport coverage of Dakar, Adria also have a strong presence there (sponsor KTM team?). Think there was also a large RS in the background of one of the programs.

Why should it look hideous? Asking for a friend........
I was wondering that too... :unsure:

OP
OP
Simon Select

Simon Select

MH Trader
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 18, 2016
Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class Coachbuilt
Exp
25 Years
That’s a nice looking bus that is Simon, I just hope it’s a lot more than I bought mine for???
It looks more expensive?
With the deal you have mate, any van would be cheaper :LOL: ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back