Peniscola (1 Viewer)

Deleted User
Has anyone been to the new camperstop in Alcossebre?

We had a look last October, we were on Playa Tropicana, looked OK, some bigger pitches, new facilities, not quite finished then, we would stay there and probably will later this year.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
No problem parking in town by the port and opposite the second smaller beach or alone the front.Spoilt for choice with campsites and "stop&go aires.We were there last week @PhilandMena are there at the moment and probably for the next 2 weeks

A few good wildcamp spots in the area too much quieter and peaceful than the very busy cramped aires I saw in the area.
Easy free parking in town right at foot of the castle which is stunning with great views
View attachment 211980 View attachment 211981 View attachment 211982 View attachment 211983

Stopped at carpark by port today and not allowed to park campers even for short time. Moved on by police even with valid ticket and parked in a marked bay (not a coach one). Maybe it’s because it’s March but I didn’t see any signs and there were none on the ticket machines.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Stopped at carpark by port today and not allowed to park campers even for short time. Moved on by police even with valid ticket and parked in a marked bay (not a coach one). Maybe it’s because it’s March but I didn’t see any signs and there were none on the ticket machines.
That's weird I never saw any signs saying no parking of motorhomes there either ....bit discriminating that is. I parked there when I visited the castle and there were a few daytime parked there

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Really busy with motor homes most Aires on the coast full about 15 m/h at benicassI'm and parking on the road hurry up now:)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Spain used to be so easy going. It's getting like the UK now, we got a ticket in Deltebre for staying over night, no one else there, out of season, weren't causing a problem at all. And yet they want €100.
Not paying it :mad: especially as the illiterate ****wits got one digit wrong on our registration  :love: :ROFLMAO:

PS the whole experience has really put me off going to Spain, used to love it.

motorhomer

Free Member
May 17, 2008
South Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005 (but 30 years caravanning)
We stayed at Eden in early feb. Eden is OK, but the town was disappointing as nearly everything was closed. Before that we were at Ribamar a few miles South, which we liked.

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
I'm beginning to be glad that we have spent the last few winters in Sicily and the Peloponnese/Crete. Spain sounds full!

Hils and Glenns

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 13, 2015
N Yorks
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 674
Exp
Since 2015
Spain used to be so easy going. It's getting like the UK now, we got a ticket in Deltebre for staying over night, no one else there, out of season, weren't causing a problem at all. And yet they want €100.
Not paying it :mad: especially as the illiterate ****wits got one digit wrong on our registration  :love: :ROFLMAO:

PS the whole experience has really put me off going to Spain, used to love it.
Where did you park? We were at Deltebre a few weeks ago and thinking of going back. :confused: but definitely don't want a ticket.

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
The free aire (with a charge to fill and dump) is still there?
Was thinking of spending a night or two there at out next trip.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Here where the road turns into the beach.
Screenshot_20180320-195327.png

Rear view.
20171108_180057.jpg

Front view.
No signs, plenty of space.
20171108_181121.jpg

I suppose the area has been abused by motorhomes in the past, with envious residents sticking the boot in too, the mayor had to act... 100 euro though is too much.

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years

They were putting signs up last year in the areas where some people wild for long periods (by the sides of beach access roads)
In Benicarlo too the Police were talking to campers to the side of the port where people wild camped
but mostly Spanish who seemed to be quite ignorant emptying Toilet cassettes in the Baranca and just letting grey water run free into the gravel saw one get a ticket too for a tyre problem

but there's a Free aire between Peniscola and Benicarlo and lots of cheap Camper places and inexpensive sites too so there's less reason to wild around the towns and there is a huge parking aire in Vinaros just down the road and as far as I can see that is free in Winter

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
Police spoke to us last week in Peniscola, very nice, but advised us no Motorhomes allowed to park on the front, but told us of the free aire behind campsite Eden. Drive along the front, turn up the road signposted Eden and drive to the top of the road and the aire is there. 15 vans there the other night, two minutes to the beach, either walk along prom to the old town, or over the wooden walkway to the new town.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
They were putting signs up last year in the areas where some people wild for long periods (by the sides of beach access roads)
In Benicarlo too the Police were talking to campers to the side of the port where people wild camped
but mostly Spanish who seemed to be quite ignorant emptying Toilet cassettes in the Baranca and just letting grey water run free into the gravel saw one get a ticket too for a tyre problem

but there's a Free aire between Peniscola and Benicarlo and lots of cheap Camper places and inexpensive sites too so there's less reason to wild around the towns and there is a huge parking aire in Vinaros just down the road and as far as I can see that is free in Winter

We were not intending to wild, just to park to visit the castle. Just didn’t see any signs so a bit annoying having bought a ticket.

Police spoke to us last week in Peniscola, very nice, but advised us no Motorhomes allowed to park on the front, but told us of the free aire behind campsite Eden. Drive along the front, turn up the road signposted Eden and drive to the top of the road and the aire is there. 15 vans there the other night, two minutes to the beach, either walk along prom to the old town, or over the wooden walkway to the new town.

We moved to here for overnight. A bit wild and windy though last night, as it is still this morning.
Police gave us a shouting at in Spanish and stuck a notice under the windscreen, no helpful directions!

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Has anyone been to the new camperstop in Alcossebre?
We were recently there. Has become popular with Dutch and German long termers. We had to 'wait' with 6 others for a pitch BUT the manager squeezed us onto the next door waste ground and ran a EHU cable out to us.
We had full use of the facilities until a proper pitch became available the next day. The pitches are of a good size and have a grey water disposal point. The site is still being expanded, probably onto the waste ground where we and others were. The manager, who speaks little English, was superb and I'm sure didn't turn anyone away. There were 13 vans on the overflow 1 night. This is good but the site electrics couldn't cope and all the power went off, so no showers, EHU etc. until fixed which took a bit of time. That said, a good Aire, close to shops and the sea front. The town has a very nice feel about it too. Would definitely stay again.

Attachments

• 20180223_082930.jpg
    20180223_082930.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 18
Feb 10, 2013
plymouth
Funster No
MH
Sprinter
Exp
off and on 30 years
Just got the last spot at Mediterraneo calpe
booking until after easter might quieten down then.
People are parking in the side roads (until the police come a knocking.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Here where the road turns into the beach. View attachment 220171

Rear view.
View attachment 220172

Front view.
No signs, plenty of space.
View attachment 220173
I suppose the area has been abused by motorhomes in the past, with envious residents sticking the boot in too, the mayor had to act... 100 euro though is too much.

Even the " envious " residents of Derby are getting fed up with a motorhome. Good job they do not live on the Spanish costas they really would be "envious"
https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/ne...me-been-abandoned-alvaston-street-1361796.amp

Dogeared

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 16, 2013
Blackburn
Funster No
MH
Eldiss autoquest 155
Exp
Since 2011
The Aire behind the camperstop Eden is Free, no facilities but it is quite a decent level area, off the road, ten minutes walk to the town, don't pull up at the Eden reception, it will cost you €19.00 for the night.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
The Aire behind the camperstop Eden is Free, no facilities but it is quite a decent level area, off the road, ten minutes walk to the town, don't pull up at the Eden reception, it will cost you €19.00 for the night.

And its worth every penny,,,Great site with super facilities,,Had some great times on Eden,,BUSBY,,:D:D:D

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Have they Not realised it is probably stolen?. OR are the DVLA so stupid (dont answer that!) that they cannot locate and owner?.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
And its worth every penny,,,Great site with super facilities,,Had some great times on Eden,,BUSBY,,:D:D:D
Agreed, water and grey water on pitch along with all you can eat 10A electric for the ACSI rate. Good bar and food on site and a useful shop next door. Close to beach front. Easy walk into town, using the board walk across the reed beds.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Have they Not realised it is probably stolen?. OR are the DVLA so stupid (dont answer that!) that they cannot locate and owner?.
Thought they had located the owner and they live on that street,,,Think their only powers are a fine ,,,BUSBY,

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.