Parts of Spain moving back into lockdown (1 Viewer)

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
I canā€™t afford to go abroad before the government say itā€™s safe to travel as travel insurance wont cover any thing not asked van insurance if we would be covered

ps just checked with comfort yes you would be covered but at your own risk I.e if you had an accident and couldnā€™t move it would depend if the could get someone to help you If they canā€™t your on your own so

yes you are covered but at your own risk if anything goes wrong

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
So are you going to trust the science or question it?
As a Scientist you do both, as an example Carol Dweck is credited with Mind Growth theory its another of those theories where whole industries have grown up around it. Carol's research seems solid enough good methodology etc. the issue for me is that it did not 'feel right' so following up by reviewing other academic work it appears that other institutions struggle to replicate her results, Carol Dweck will argue that the research that is not finding in her favour are not applying her theories correctly.........Bit more digging you will find that all the major positive findings have a common thread....a certain Carol Dweck is involved with them.

So what to conclude, I am not saying Carol Dwecks research is rubbish but there are clearly issues and more research is needed to uncover what actually is going on.

Peer research is powerful, it is not a quick process so a zombie/populist theory can, just like a virus 'infect' a community and if certain industries start making money from it it takes ages to kill it off.

So you may have read the story of Hydroxychloroquine

A Scientist who is aware of hospitals and health systems around the world queried the data Sugisphere and subsequently the Lancet published, the scientist involved knew many institutions in some countries just do not have the technology to gather and store the data.

Updated: Lancet Published a Fraudulent Study: Editor Calls it ā€œDepartment of Error"

Covid-19 is having huge pressure on Scientists around the world, speed is of the essence, we have no idea of what treatments are being tried. if a fraudulent organisation like Sugisphere can make themselves look legitimate than it is no wonder that a fraudulent study can appear so yes always question what you read.

So the long answer is I both trust the Science and question it.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
As a Scientist you do both, as an example Carol Dweck is credited with Mind Growth theory its another of those theories where whole industries have grown up around it. Carol's research seems solid enough good methodology etc. the issue for me is that it did not 'feel right' so following up by reviewing other academic work it appears that other institutions struggle to replicate her results, Carol Dweck will argue that the research that is not finding in her favour are not applying her theories correctly.........Bit more digging you will find that all the major positive findings have a common thread....a certain Carol Dweck is involved with them.

So what to conclude, I am not saying Carol Dwecks research is rubbish but there are clearly issues and more research is needed to uncover what actually is going on.

Peer research is powerful, it is not a quick process so a zombie/populist theory can, just like a virus 'infect' a community and if certain industries start making money from it it takes ages to kill it off.

So you may have read the story of Hydroxychloroquine

A Scientist who is aware of hospitals and health systems around the world queried the data Sugisphere and subsequently the Lancet published, the scientist involved knew many institutions in some countries just do not have the technology to gather and store the data.

Updated: Lancet Published a Fraudulent Study: Editor Calls it ā€œDepartment of Error"

Covid-19 is having huge pressure on Scientists around the world, speed is of the essence, we have no idea of what treatments are being tried. if a fraudulent organisation like Sugisphere can make themselves look legitimate than it is no wonder that a fraudulent study can appear so yes always question what you read.

So the long answer is I both trust the Science and question it.
From that I get you donā€™t trust any science from any scientist. If you trust it why question it? At what point do you move on and start living you life. Next week, next year, or will you remain none trusting of everything and everyone for ever?
I personally would like to get back to enjoying life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
From that I get you donā€™t trust any science from any scientist. If you trust it why question it? At what point do you move on and start living you life. Next week, next year, or will you remain none trusting of everything and everyone for ever?
I personally would like to get back to enjoying life.
Not at all, I trust the science that is peer reviewed, I wouldn't get on a boat, plane, train or car if I did not. I do not trust opinion or hearsay

Here we go it may make you smile :)

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
Caravanner 40 years. Motorhome 8
Not finding the ā€œfunā€ side on this forum. Life is serious and worrying enough at this time without all this. I know I donā€™t have to read it but joined for help and info etc with regard to motorhoming and holidays, not for lectures from superior beings.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Not finding the ā€œfunā€ side on this forum. Life is serious and worrying enough at this time without all this. I know I donā€™t have to read it but joined for help and info etc with regard to motorhoming and holidays, not for lectures from superior beings.

Motorhoming is all about getting out and about and not being afraid to...

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I do apologise if I have not contributed to the fun you are seeking, regarding holidays we went out for a day this week to a reserve and quite enjoyed it and looking to forward to overnight stays.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The big-breasted RSM is complaining abut not getting out in the van and punting pressure on me to use the camper i have told her it's needing fixed i don't care she say i need to get out i nead a brake.
I am sure she Ben talking to sum-one south of Waterford gap they don't seem to care down that way so to remedy her urges to to go out in the van i have taken the engine apart to sort a long term leek.
We have had essential maintenance do i have told her when its finished we can go away in it whens that then September or October i have told her the van is socially distancing till this has passed or a vacsen is fund i have lost one family member during this i wont be the next one.
It's bean a very difficult few month's both financially and mentally for us all not having my part time work to top up my small income from my pensions he hit us very hard.
But i am sure that when this has all passed there will be plenty of other years to go way your a long time dead
bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Motorhoming is all about getting out and about and not being afraid to...
Motorhoming is whatever you want it to be. Everyone is different and will use their motorhomes in different ways. With the current situation, some people may be quite happy enjoying their garden and waiting a while to see what's happening. Others may want to get out there regardless.

You can't make a definitive statement because it just won't apply to everyone.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Unfortunately there are lots of superior beings on Fun. o_O

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Motorhoming is whatever you want it to be. Everyone is different and will use their motorhomes in different ways. With the current situation, some people may be quite happy enjoying their garden and waiting a while to see what's happening. Others may want to get out there regardless.
You can't make a definitive statement because it just won't apply to everyone.

It was yourself that started this thread with a misleading statement.............. :rolleyes:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You have contributed to this thread, so you obviously have your own ideas of these times, but in fact there isn't a lot of "fun" to be had in motorhomes presently.
But it is a fact that these times are keeping us in and discussing when we can get out has surely got to be near the top of topics.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
You have contributed to this thread, so you obviously have your own ideas of these times, but in fact there isn't a lot of "fun" to be had in motorhomes presently.
But it is a fact that these times are keeping us in and discussing when we can get out has surely got to be near the top of topics.
This, like a lot of threads, started off very pleasantly but as with many deteriorated into a ā€œI know more, are cleverer/more intelligent than youā€ thread and if I shout louder I must be right. We are all adults who have dealt with different issues in our lives and have achieved the lovely state of choosing what we do and when we want to do it. We do not need to be lectured on whether we are right or wrong in our views. I, like most on here, am looking forward to getting away as soon as I know that I can relax and enjoy my time away. I am not nervous, just cautious.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It was yourself that started this thread with a misleading statement.............. :rolleyes:

It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone. Having read what was happening in Spain, I thought it might be of interest to posters. The heading of the actual article said:
New coronavirus outbreaks force first area in Spain to move back to a previous deescalation stage.

It's easy to get the impression, on some of these threads, that some posters think that that those of us who aren't posting about dashing off to the continent ASAP, shouldn't be posting.

Your statement:

"Motorhoming is all about getting out and about and not being afraid to"

is virtually telling everyone who isn't getting out and about, that we're wrong to be cautious.

People have to make their own minds up, based on whatever information is available.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
It wasn't my intention to mislead anyone. Having read what was happening in Spain, I thought it might be of interest to posters. The heading of the actual article said:
New coronavirus outbreaks force first area in Spain to move back to a previous deescalation stage.
It's easy to get the impression, on some of these threads, that some posters think that that those of us who aren't posting about dashing off to the continent ASAP, shouldn't be posting.
Your statement:
"Motorhoming is all about getting out and about and not being afraid to"
is virtually telling everyone who isn't getting out and about, that we're wrong to be cautious.
People have to make their own minds up, based on whatever information is available.

But your information was inaccurate

And I can't challenge that?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
This, like a lot of threads, started off very pleasantly but as with many deteriorated into a ā€œI know more, are cleverer/more intelligent than youā€ thread and if I shout louder I must be right. We are all adults who have dealt with different issues in our lives and have achieved the lovely state of choosing what we do and when we want to do it. We do not need to be lectured on whether we are right or wrong in our views. I, like most on here, am looking forward to getting away as soon as I know that I can relax and enjoy my time away. I am not nervous, just cautious.
I don't agree , I have contributed to this thread, I as have others have never said we know more than anyone, just our view of the situation, what else can we do? Just agree with folks so as not to cause an argument, instead of accusing people why not give your view of the situation.

Dec 31, 2017
South East
Funster No
MH
Burstner T690G
Exp
I don't agree , I have contributed to this thread, I as have others have never said we know more than anyone, just our view of the situation, what else can we do? Just agree with folks so as not to cause an argument, instead of accusing people why not give your view of the situation.
Have done!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Now just ask yourself how many of each group that you know have come down with the virus, not much different either way , I'll be bound.

I do know people who have had the virus - some recovered quickly, some had no symtoms but tested postive and, I am sorry to report, one died.

I'm shielding si staying at home (apart from medical appointments) for the next month (at least).

One other point, remember last week when all the protests were on and they were all going to get it, how many did, do we know.?

We don't know. A spike in hospital admissions or (sorry to have to say) deaths in the next week or two will be an indicator but how many of the protestors will seek medical help if they have symptoms?

Also there may be a spike in the next month following the beach incidents.

I'm happy to stay put for the time being even with very low infections and deaths reported here.

May 19, 2018
Funster No
Unfortunately there are lots of superior beings on Fun. o_O
You rang?

I've not stopped working. Not from home either, actually out there every day clearing up after everyone else. I don't have much faith in the human species after seeing the way they behave.
The only advantage has been the lack of traffic, makes my job much easier.
But it's virtually back to normal now so I hope all those who've been having a paid holiday, sorry, furlough, for the last few months have enjoyed themselves.
At least I will be able to take a holiday soon myself.

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Not whilst I'm safely locked down at home.
I agree If I am unlucky to get it, I would still rather be in this country , and for info about the spread my Friends just flew back from Turkey, knowing they had got to Isolate for 2 weeks , I said what about food shopping , that's alright he said we are allowed to the Supermarket before we get home !!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back