Parts of Spain moving back into lockdown (1 Viewer)

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Surely it’s all about being sensible. Some folk act irresponsibly in their local areas and others travel safely.

In a motorhome you have perhaps more control over keeping safe than on a flight/in a hotel complex.

We will only travel if quarantine is lifted and the essential travel only ruling is lifted. We would rather be in our own vehicle in the tunnel than on ferry or plane.

If we do travel then there are times we are more at risk - buying fuel, shopping, if we eat out but we will take the precautions we need to to feel safe.

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
It makes us feel so much better about our visit to the UK, knowing it's worse here in Spain, because we have been dreading coming, obviously still taking precautions wherever we are. 🙂
After all you can't stay hiding away from something you cant see forever. 🤔
I think everyone is prepared for a second wave, I know here healthcare workers are asked to take their holidays by October, but life goes on. 😎 Bob.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We're being cautious and waiting to see what happens. We're not venturing to France and Spain just yet. We believe it's prudent to wait, especially as we are being advised not to travel abroad and this affects medical travel insurance.

Personally, I do not want to be ill in France or Spain, where I don't speak their language, were I haven't got medical insurance and where I'll be all alone in a foreign hospital. It might not happen but it could.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
We're being cautious and waiting to see what happens. We're not venturing to France and Spain just yet. We believe it's prudent to wait, especially as we are being advised not to travel abroad and this affects medical travel insurance.

Personally, I do not want to be ill in France or Spain, where I don't speak their language, were I haven't got medical insurance and where I'll be all alone in a foreign hospital. It might not happen but it could.
Won’t have the E111 soon either just to compound the insurance bit.

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
Surely it’s all about being sensible. Some folk act irresponsibly in their local areas and others travel safely.

In a motorhome you have perhaps more control over keeping safe than on a flight/in a hotel complex.

We will only travel if quarantine is lifted and the essential travel only ruling is lifted. We would rather be in our own vehicle in the tunnel than on ferry or plane.

If we do travel then there are times we are more at risk - buying fuel, shopping, if we eat out but we will take the precautions we need to to feel safe.

Thats the same as our thinking.

To keep on top of any official announcements we"ve subscribed to the daily update on travel from the gov.uk site . The news about quarantine free air bridges from as early as next week , to Spain, Italy, Greece and France , with Portugal a further possibility, is really good .

These air bridges surely must remove the "essential travel only" advice from FCO for travel from UK to and from these countries and any others included in the air bridges agreements . Which in turn must also impact on insurance covers for travel . I cant see how insurance companies can potentially wriggle out of their responsibilities if the FCO lift the essential travel advice .

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Won’t have the E111 soon either just to compound the insurance bit.

Yes, let's hope some sort of reciprocal deal is sorted out after this year.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Where looks safer Benidorm, or Bournemouth :unsure:

View attachment 401638
View attachment 401639

And when you don't use a 1200mm lens to enrage the gullible

1593081326164.png

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
We are due to fly back to the UK on Saturday and would not be doing it if it was avoidable as we feel safer here in Spain. In our area anyone going into a shop wears a mask and in smaller shops they wait outside as it’s one in one out, we eat out regularly and all the PPE is in place and go to the pub with its PPE and no big drama just common sense kicks in as you get used to it. When out walking you try to keep a 2 metre gap where possible and if it’s crowded we put our mask on. At our beech every family ect are more than 2m spaced.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
You can tell that people were being responsible and social distancing simply by looking at the distance between the litter piles

View attachment 401704
(n)
I think that says it all really, I despair, I truely do.

Britains got f/pigs contestants practising.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
it struck me that the 32 people in the queue ,all spaced 2m apart, wear all wearing ppe.
& not something my daughter tells me I can expect to see in the UK.
remember last week when all the protests were on and they were all going to get it, how many did, do we know.?
Not a lot by all accounts
But every one else should get back to work.
Exactly! I see today that after yesterdays beach tripe those actually having to work want the furlough stopped immediately & get them back to work.
And when you don't use a 1200mm lens to enrage the gullible

View attachment 401681
& where is that then? Still far too many people for the space available.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
No different to here.

From the BBC
Major incident declared as thousands flock to beaches
Bournemouth beach on Thursday 25 June

AFPCopyright: AFP
The seaside resort of Bournemouth in southern England has declared a major incident after thousands of people flocked to its beaches for the second day in a row.
The local council said visitors had "defied advice to stay away" from the town on one of the hottest days of the year - and it was now co-ordinating a "multi-agency emergency response" across the area.
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council said its staff were abused as they attempted to empty over-flowing bins on the seafront. It said eight tonnes of waste was collected yesterday, with a further 33 tonnes of rubbish removed along the full stretch of coastline this morning.
Bournemouth East MP Tobias Ellwood tweeted that he had asked the government's police minister to provide more officers if the Dorset force requested them.
Assistant Chief Constable Sam de Reya of Dorset Police said: "We are... reliant on people taking personal responsibility and strongly advise members of the public to think twice before heading to the area.
"Clearly we are still in a public health crisis, and such a significant volume of people heading to one area places a further strain on emergency services' resources."
Social embed from twitter
<Broken link removed>
BCP Council@BCPCouncil

https://twitter.com/BCPCouncil/status/1276147213261996033

A major incident has been declared after thousands of people descended on BCP Council beaches on the hottest day of the year so far. A multi-agency emergency response has now been activated to co-ordinate resources to tackle the issues.

Read more: <Broken link removed>
View image on Twitter
https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1276147213261996033

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Are you being serious!!! UK is a joke.
It would seem Spain is having areas go back into lockdown. Not happening in the U.K. yeah right the U.K. is a joke whilst Spain is all hunky dory. You just like Brit bashing. Tell you what don’t come here. We don’t want you bringing your Covid flare ups here.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
I think we need to get to a place where no one is anonymous anymore, what about an idiot track and trace scheme. You leave a mess or break something, we trace you, name and shame you and you pay the full cost of sorting it out. We should all be encouraged start videoing these arseholes or something.
This has to stop!.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
This has to stop!.

You can only really stop anti social behaviour by cracking a few heads. No one is afraid of authority, it is toothless. You can be nice as much as you like, but that just emboldens some to behave even worse. We all respond to pain. Actually, it's what pain is for, unfortunately we are not allowed to administer it any more.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
From the BBC
Major incident declared as thousands flock to beaches
View attachment 401745
AFPCopyright: AFP
The seaside resort of Bournemouth in southern England has declared a major incident after thousands of people flocked to its beaches for the second day in a row.
The local council said visitors had "defied advice to stay away" from the town on one of the hottest days of the year - and it was now co-ordinating a "multi-agency emergency response" across the area.
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council said its staff were abused as they attempted to empty over-flowing bins on the seafront. It said eight tonnes of waste was collected yesterday, with a further 33 tonnes of rubbish removed along the full stretch of coastline this morning.
Bournemouth East MP Tobias Ellwood tweeted that he had asked the government's police minister to provide more officers if the Dorset force requested them.
Assistant Chief Constable Sam de Reya of Dorset Police said: "We are... reliant on people taking personal responsibility and strongly advise members of the public to think twice before heading to the area.
"Clearly we are still in a public health crisis, and such a significant volume of people heading to one area places a further strain on emergency services' resources."
Social embed from twitter
You would wonder why these seaside places are dieing to get opened up again.

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
It would seem Spain is having areas go back into lockdown. Not happening in the U.K. yeah right the U.K. is a joke whilst Spain is all hunky dory. You just like Brit bashing. Tell you what don’t come here. We don’t want you bringing your Covid flare ups here.
The UK has never got to the stage where Spain is either before the state of alarm finished or now, no where near close because they have Not been strict enough.
As for Brit bashing ha ha, am away for a meal and a pint at my local- are you, can you - No we have for weeks.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The UK has never got to the stage where Spain is either before the state of alarm finished or now, no where near close because they have Not been strict enough.
As for Brit bashing ha ha, am away for a meal and a pint at my local- are you, can you - No we have for weeks.

Bet they do full English too. You're welcome to it :D

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Yes I am being serious, here where i live i have not seen a single person flout rules, 1 out 1 in in all the stores masks worn.
Oh well must be gospel if you seen it.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Benidorm beach looks almost deserted on the live webcams which I can't link to!

I bet they are all in Uncle Peds waiting for the football

20180314_142756~3.jpg

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
You can only really stop anti social behaviour by cracking a few heads. No one is afraid of authority, it is toothless. You can be nice as much as you like, but that just emboldens some to behave even worse. We all respond to pain. Actually, it's what pain is for, unfortunately we are not allowed to administer it any more.
I was tempted the other day when an oik hooted at the young girl next door who was reversing onto her drive and gave her a load of abuse. Don't know what he actualy shouted at her (eastern european I think) but he had that disrespectfull, angry idiot look on his face we all love so much.

I'll sign up for the hit sqaud Jim :cool:

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
We’ve not had a Covid death here in over two weeks. As for your bars, no thanks I prefer a traditional British pub any day. The pictures of the mobility scooters outside the shop says Spain to me. We drove through Benidorm a couple of years ago. No thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back