Parts of Spain moving back into lockdown (1 Viewer)

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Not exactly lockdown from reading the article. Some more restrictions than other regions but bars and pools are still open.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
It's a 'spike'

The infections were mostly located among fruit pickers working in the area, although a few were also detected in family environments. A fruit and vegetable company in Zaidín has been closed after 14 cases were detected there. Some of its workers live outside the municipality and spread the virus in their places of residence.

The director general for public health in Aragón, Francisco Javier Falo, said that the outbreaks have been detected among young people with no or few symptoms of the disease. But he urged people not to take it lightly: “This outbreak is quantitatively relevant, and qualitatively very important because if we do not address it, we run the risk of losing control over community transmission.”

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Left out of the report..............

Meanwhile, on Monday, the Health Ministry reported 232 new coronavirus cases nationwide, bringing the total to 246,504. The daily number of new infections is down slightly from Sunday.

One more death has also been confirmed, which brings the total number of COVID-19 victims in Spain to 28,324.

Not the right sort of headline................... not enough doom, gloom and not divisive ............

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Some of us are looking at what’s happening worldwide, with the virus and we are listening to the medics. I know Boris is happily lifting restrictions, but that doesn’t mean the virus has suddenly gone. It is still very much here still.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
We’re still being told not to travel abroad by the Foreign Office. This affects medical travel insurance.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Left out of the report..............

Meanwhile, on Monday, the Health Ministry reported 232 new coronavirus cases nationwide, bringing the total to 246,504. The daily number of new infections is down slightly from Sunday.

One more death has also been confirmed, which brings the total number of COVID-19 victims in Spain to 28,324.

Not the right sort of headline................... not enough doom, gloom and not divisive ............

Well said, did you get to Spain, if so stay safe, we will not be leaving just yet....to much at risk.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
Well said, did you get to Spain, if so stay safe, we will not be leaving just yet....to much at risk.

Ferry cancelled for 21st, re-booked and leaving for Bilbao this Sunday (y)

.............Time to move on...............

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 20, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Pulse
Exp
Motorhoming since 2020
Of course it's fine if people prefer to shelter or not travel abroad as individuals may have health reasons for this but i get the feeling this decision is being backed up searching out bad news articles to share and it feels rather preachy at times to those who have decided that they are happy to weigh up the risks. Each to their own.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Not mentioning anyone in particular, but some on here appear to be searching the net to see who can can find the worse headline, and never post a good one, while others just go along as normal and take it as it comes, and the the outcome seems to be the same for both sides.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
That will be me then :cool:

I have a degree in public health and I make no excuses for attempting to find out where we stand with this virus.

I honestly believe, not mentioning anyone in particular, that some on here are burying their heads in the sand.

Each to their own. 😎

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

I have a degree in public health and I make no excuses for attempting to find out where we stand with this virus.

I honestly believe, not mentioning anyone in particular, that some on here are burying their heads in the sand.

Each to their own. 😎
It's seems to me like a certain political decision that was based on feeling more than facts or the views of experts and a lot seem to want the actions on coronovirus taken in a similar way. The problem with that is in one case we are gambling our economic future against what we have had before economically.. With this we are gambling life against a possible economic gain with the absolute fact being dead people are dead permanently unless you believe in something I think is a work of fiction and then it's only a group of 1. I think a lot do seem to be behaving like they hope if they ignore it it will go away but all the evidence points to the opposite the government own medical advisers are saying that it's not over and if we behave like it is it will come back to bite us.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
It's seems to me like a certain political decision that was based on feeling more than facts or the views of experts and a lot seem to want the actions on coronovirus taken in a similar way. The problem with that is in one case we are gambling our economic future against what we have had before economically.. With this we are gambling life against a possible economic gain with the absolute fact being dead people are dead permanently unless you believe in something I think is a work of fiction and then it's only a group of 1. I think a lot do seem to be behaving like they hope if they ignore it it will go away but all the evidence points to the opposite the government own medical advisers are saying that it's not over and if we behave like it is it will come back to bite us.
Quite right. The very best thing we should do, is exercise some caution, take your time and watch what’s happening.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Each to their own. 😎
Not specifically that's why I added the rider, you are way from being on your own.
But look at it like this, you are all locked in, doing nothing, but others that you AND others complain about are out doing pretty much as they like, ok.
Now just ask yourself how many of each group that you know have come down with the virus, not much different either way , I'll be bound.
I don't want to go on about this, as I don't go out either but I have everything I want here, didn't go out much before.
One other point, remember last week when all the protests were on and they were all going to get it, how many did, do we know.?

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
You can sense the media waiting to pounce on any outbreak, what with brexit and now covid, they've never had it so good.
Unless you or your family happen to get Covid wouldn’t be such a good thing. The stats speak for themselves.

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Its not over, you are correct. We should all be cautious, but the cases are coming down. We know who are most at risk, so extra care for those.
It is risky, but so is staying in lockdown.
Its a balancing act, trying to get the economy going, keep the virus suppressed and keep the deaths down.
The virus is here to stay, we need to try and live with it.

Deleted User
It’s a balancing act, if we don‘t “unlock” then more people will die “because“ of CV rather than “from“ CV.

Some people are terrified of leaving their homes, and that’s understandable, but the vast majority that are venturing out are being perfectly sensible.

John Barrett

Free Member
Jan 19, 2020
Hamble, Southampton.
Funster No
MH
One Eyed in Hamble!
Exp
Since 2012
Its not over, you are correct. We should all be cautious, but the cases are coming down. We know who are most at risk, so extra care for those.
Its a balancing act, trying to get the economy going, keep the virus suppressed and keep the deaths down.

May I suggest 'adapt' instead of 'try'?
John

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Exactly we need to be aware and keep ourselves as safe as possible.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
More people will die if the country doesn’t get back on its feet. Shield the vulnerable, esp those in care homes using whatever it takes. But every one else should get back to work.
Wish I could give you more than a like for that, that is my sentiment exactly, now I may get it next week but it won't change my thinking.
Look at all the other things we could keel over with, with probably a greater death rate than Corona, but we still go out, don't stop in for those things.

Deleted User
Where looks safer Benidorm, or Bournemouth :unsure:

2BAECFD2-0F43-49C7-B6C8-E4B965BF8BFD.jpeg

EED0EE2E-5EFF-4591-8ADC-96A6D5C44786.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread