Parts of Spain moving back into lockdown (1 Viewer)

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
You've been here Bill, it's gods waiting room, everyone very friendly and civil. No rule breakers here. :D
We have hardly bean out apart from shopping and essential things one trip to MKN for wood to make my bee hive and i dont think we will venture far now lyn's broken her foot brittle bones and a diving tank don't mach she knoked it over why she was in my garage i don't know it's out of bounds to all but me
bill

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
It would seem Spain is having areas go back into lockdown.
Sensible thing to do when you have a few new cases.Lockdown test & trace.
Tell you what donā€™t come here. We donā€™t want you bringing your Covid flare ups here.
Even if we did it would still be less than the 000's of new cases per day at the moment.
Benidorm beach looks almost deserted on the live webcams
probably because you can only enter at various points & at specific times of the day. You have an amount of space that is marked out for your use, the beach has to be evacuated twice per day for cleaning.
Weā€™ve not had a Covid death here in over two weeks.
here in Murcia , size of somerset & Devon + , we haven't had one for some months. We've only had 1655 cases in total the vast majority all traced back to plague ridden returnee's from other regions, usually Madrid. there have only been 680 needing hospital treatment & 112 needing IC.Total deaths 147.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
You can tell that people were being responsible and social distancing simply by looking at the distance between the litter piles

View attachment 401704
should charge for entry to beaches and the countryside selfish idiots spoiling i
From the BBC
Major incident declared as thousands flock to beaches
View attachment 401745
AFPCopyright: AFP
The seaside resort of Bournemouth in southern England has declared a major incident after thousands of people flocked to its beaches for the second day in a row.
The local council said visitors had "defied advice to stay away" from the town on one of the hottest days of the year - and it was now co-ordinating a "multi-agency emergency response" across the area.
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole Council said its staff were abused as they attempted to empty over-flowing bins on the seafront. It said eight tonnes of waste was collected yesterday, with a further 33 tonnes of rubbish removed along the full stretch of coastline this morning.
Bournemouth East MP Tobias Ellwood tweeted that he had asked the government's police minister to provide more officers if the Dorset force requested them.
Assistant Chief Constable Sam de Reya of Dorset Police said: "We are... reliant on people taking personal responsibility and strongly advise members of the public to think twice before heading to the area.
"Clearly we are still in a public health crisis, and such a significant volume of people heading to one area places a further strain on emergency services' resources."
Social embed from twitter
The word Darwin springs to mind...

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
You can tell that people were being responsible and social distancing simply by looking at the distance between the litter piles

View attachment 401704
that was yesterday, when the mob left 8 tonnes of rubbish on the beach. Just one collection this afternoon was already 33 tonnes and they haven't left the beach yet

Our local roads are gridlocked with people trying to avoid the main road. We can't even get out to go shopping if we needed to. Near the beaches every piece of ground has cars parked on, even in the middle of roundabouts. At least the council are sending out parking wardens to issue tickets but bringing in some revenue

The behaviour out there is disgusting, with people driving down as far as Leeds and Bradford to come to the beach for the day

rrusty

Free Member
Dec 4, 2009
Scotland
Funster No
MH
None sold sept 2019
Exp
Weā€™ve not had a Covid death here in over two weeks. As for your bars, no thanks I prefer a traditional British pub any day. The pictures of the mobility scooters outside the shop says Spain to me. We drove through Benidorm a couple of years ago. No thanks.
Thatā€™s not what we are on about

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Of course we need to get back to work but as always stated it is a balance between the economy and health. The pandemic has not suddenly disappeared so it is down to how we all behave and we are seeing both good and frankly irresponsible behaviour. Clearly it is not an exclusive club to tennis players, meat processors in Anglesey or camping journeys outside of guidelines.
Spoke to a respected colleague a couple of weeks ago living in Lisburn who was extremely concerned about how people were reacting after a period of a rigorous lock-down, seems there was no virus - surprise they are now under severe restrictions again. Be safe and smarter about how we work and engage with others.

Nov 6, 2012
Guildford
Funster No
MH
3litre Bessacarr 765
Exp
Restarted 2012
Ferry cancelled for 21st, re-booked and leaving for Bilbao this Sunday (y)

.............Time to move on...............
After seeing the Brittany Ferries info video on Facebook I would be interested to hear how you got on during embarkation and travelling to Bilbao. According to them it's confined to your cabin and face masks at all other times if not?

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Of course we need to get back to work but as always stated it is a balance between the economy and health. The pandemic has not suddenly disappeared so it is down to how we all behave and we are seeing both good and frankly irresponsible behaviour. Clearly it is not an exclusive club to tennis players, meat processors in Anglesey or camping journeys outside of guidelines.
Spoke to a respected colleague a couple of weeks ago living in Lisburn who was extremely concerned about how people were reacting after a period of a rigorous lock-down, seems there was no virus - surprise they are now under severe restrictions again. Be safe and smarter about how we work and engage with others.
You canā€™t fix the economy if you donā€™t have control over the virus.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
You canā€™t fix the economy if you donā€™t have control over the virus.
We need to start learning by other countries results and our own. Round one has now reduced looking back and looking at countries it strikes me an early strict lockdown followed by earlier opening up once under control was a smart move both in terms of health and the economy.

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
That will be me then :cool:

I have a degree in public health and I make no excuses for attempting to find out where we stand with this virus.

I honestly believe, not mentioning anyone in particular, that some on here are burying their heads in the sand.

Each to their own. šŸ˜Ž

Degree or no degree in public health, in my view everyone's opinion matters.

I don't think anyone is burying their heads in the sand I think the opposite. I think most of the population including myself have taken it upon themselves to say "right, I'm going to live with this virus and it ain't going to control me".

Why are we persistently being made scared of something that for the "majority" of people the virus will have little or no effect upon us. If you or anyone else is in a vulnerable category, you look after yourself. But just let the rest of us live our lives. If people want to go to the beach and have some form of normality let them go, I bet despite the increase in the beach the spike stays pretty much where it is for the next few months at least.

We have had recent huge protests around the country (World) and were promised a second wave. Not happened. (no the USA hasn't, it hasn't got on top of it in several states)
No country has had the "second wave" as promised.
We have had localized outbreaks which are now handled much better, just like Germany did the other day when the wonderful press tried to say the R rate had gone up to 2.8. The press headline was completely misleading. It had gone up to 2.8 in a very small area or the country following the food factory outbreak. Same here in Anglesey.

3 months ago I was on my knees steering 35 care homes through this crisis. My last outbreak was 5 weeks ago in a 70 bedded Welsh home. The authorities and my team worked on this immediately, We lost 1 resident, we had 4 hospitalised. 4 months ago the same statistic prior to testing would have seen me have half the home wiped out. We are better at dealing with this now.

You only have to look at the stats to date UK.
Chances of dying of CV19 IF you catch it in the first place 14.88 percent.
Chances of catching CV19 on a daily basis based on the current infection rates 0.0014 percent. (assuming 67 million residents and the current rate of 1k cases per day)

You can of course do your own research here.

We are in my view controlling the country with scaremongering, a Press that cant wait for the next major headline to keep us locked indoors.

The huge majority of us know what we must do to keep safe, keep washing our hands, avoid social contact where possible, keep a 1m plus distance away from each other, stop going to swinging parties, don't shake hands on the new deal.

We are on top of it, yes it will come back mid winter for sure, but for god sake let those of us that want to live, do exactly that live a little. Take care of yourselves if you need to, sit at home with the windows and doors closed and get your relatives to catapult food packages in through the window but let free the rest of us from this monstrosity.

Spain's tourism industry will collapse without us going back there, many other industries will collapse causing the worst economic disaster the world has ever seen if we don't start getting some normality back in our lives and get control of our press.
I would love to know what the hysteria levels are like from our fellow funsters living abroad, is it worse/better than the UK.

Quite frankly, living the way I have for the past 4 months isn't living. It's destroyed my mental health to the point that at times I have seriously felt that ending it would be better than living with the shit we have been living with. I know others will have, and probably when the ONS publish the suicide stats it will be interesting to see how they shape up against CV19

I would rather live and face it head on that repeat the past 4 months thanks. You call it burying my head in the sand, I call it actually fighting this thing head on.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
[QUOTE="

I would rather live and face it head on that repeat the past 4 months thanks. You call it burying my head in the sand, I call it actually fighting this thing head on.
[/QUOTE]

I wonder how many said that during the black death.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]

It's nothing like the Black Death !

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
[QUOTE="

[/QUOTE]

but it ain't the black death. completely irreverent comparison, try again.
The Black death wiped out half of Londoners
The Plague killed 25 % of Londoners
Chances of catching CV19 in London in the past 4 months 0.34%
CV19 6000 deaths in London in a population of 8 million = 0.08% chance of dying from CV19 in London
London road deaths 1220 (2019) 0.2% chance of dying

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No

CV19 6000 deaths in London in a population of 8 million = 0.08% chance of dying from CV19 in London
[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but it had to start somewhere and we don't know what covid will eventually do to us, do we. You might get over it initially then they discover a second set of deadlier symptoms if you get re infected! We know all about old plagues, this bastard is still on its baby steps. You may have it, no symptoms, no test, and it sits there dormant waiting for a trigger health event much later. This thing could be so much deadlier than we currently know and our immune systems cant cope with it without an enormous amount of medical intervention. Staying locked down protects everyone and everything we hold precious, pissed off or not you have no right to lose the plot, ignore the threat (because you can) and waste the suffering we have all endured so far.
We will only know how this stacks up against any other plague after we have (hopefully) eradicated it.
Thats what I think anyway :cool:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

I don't think anyone is burying their heads in the sand I think the opposite. I think most of the population including myself have taken it upon themselves to say "right, I'm going to live with this virus and it ain't going to control me".

Why are we persistently being made scared of something that for the "majority" of people the virus will have little or no effect upon us. If you or anyone else is in a vulnerable category, you look after yourself. But just let the rest of us live our lives. If people want to go to the beach and have some form of normality let them go, I bet despite the increase in the beach the spike stays pretty much where it is for the next few months at least.

We have had recent huge protests around the country (World) and were promised a second wave. Not happened. (no the USA hasn't, it hasn't got on top of it in several states)
We have had localized outbreaks which are now handled much better, just like Germany did the other day when the wonderful press tried to say the R rate had gone up to 2.8. The press headline was completely misleading. It had gone up to 2.8 in a very small area or the country following the food factory outbreak. Same here in Anglesey.

3 months ago I was on my knees steering 35 care homes through this crisis. My last outbreak was 5 weeks ago in a 70 bedded Welsh home. The authorities and my team worked on this immediately, We lost 1 resident, we had 4 hospitalised. 4 months ago the same statistic prior to testing would have seen me have half the home wiped out. We are better at dealing with this now.

Chances of catching CV19 on a daily basis based on the current infection rates 0.0014 percent. (assuming 67 million residents and the current rate of 1k cases per day)

We are in my view controlling the country with scaremongering, a Press that cant wait for the next major headline to keep us locked indoors.

The huge majority of us know what we must do to keep safe, keep washing our hands, avoid social contact where possible, keep a 1m plus distance away from each other, stop going to swinging parties, don't shake hands on the new deal.

We are on top of it, yes it will come back mid winter for sure, but for god sake let those of us that want to live, do exactly that live a little. Take care of yourselves if you need to, sit at home with the windows and doors closed and get your relatives to catapult food packages in through the window but let free the rest of us from this monstrosity.

Spain's tourism industry will collapse without us going back there, many other industries will collapse causing the worst economic disaster the world has ever seen if we don't start getting some normality back in our lives and get control of our press.
I would love to know what the hysteria levels are like from our fellow funsters living abroad, is it worse/better than the UK.

Quite frankly, living the way I have for the past 4 months isn't living. It's destroyed my mental health to the point that at times I have seriously felt that ending it would be better than living with the shit we have been living with. I know others will have, and probably when the ONS publish the suicide stats it will be interesting to see how they shape up against CV19

You should be in the government mate,
Brilliant summing up (y)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Yeah, but it had to start somewhere and we don't know what covid will eventually do to us, do we. You might get over it initially then they discover a second set of deadlier symptoms if you get re infected! We know all about old plagues, this bastard is still on its baby steps. You may have it, no symptoms, no test, and it sits there dormant waiting for a trigger health event much later. This thing could be so much deadlier than we currently know and our immune systems cant cope with it without an enormous amount of medical intervention. Staying locked down protects everyone and everything we hold precious, pissed off or not you have no right to lose the plot, ignore the threat (because you can) and waste the suffering we have all endured so far.
We will only know how this stacks up against any other plague after we have (hopefully) eradicated it.
[/QUOTE]
How long? You advocate staying locked down, how long for? Another week, month, year, for ever? How many countries have had a second wave? None that I am aware of. There have been localised outbreaks but not the second wave many on here are almost willing to happen.
So back to my original question. How long do you want us to stay locked down?

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
I would love to know what the hysteria levels are like from our fellow funsters living abroad,
Doesn't appear to be any where I live? Everyone going about now as normal with 99,9% following the rules & all masked+ gloves in any shops & sanitiser. I can't think of anything that isn't back to work.
Thats what I think anyway
But even if you live another 30 years you are hardly likely to see that unless we are very lucky.

Sep 22, 2017
Funster No
How long? You advocate staying locked down, how long for? Another week, month, year, for ever? How many countries have had a second wave? None that I am aware of. There have been localised outbreaks but not the second wave many on here are almost willing to happen.
[/QUOTE]
Until it is patently obvious that we are in a natural selection event, we have done every possible thing to prevent the inevitable deaths of all those that are not naturaly immune, there is absolutely no prospect of a cure and we are prepared to see as many as have to, to die! I don't give a shit whether I get it, or if it kills me which it probably will because I won't be going to a hospital, but I will do everything in my power not help the bloody thing spread.

If we don't find a cure, nature will do its thing as it always has.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
[/QUOTE]
The only problem with this, is if it is now always going to be here, you are going to be bound to run into it sometime, so do you stay in for ever or what, even vaccine is not going to stop it, look at flu we are all having jabs for how long now 10 or 20 years but folks are still dying from it.

OP
OP
138go

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001

As I said. Each to their own.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Where looks safer Benidorm, or Bournemouth :unsure:
Bournemouth yesterday, as widely published

10E2B64D-6FEE-429A-94FC-CEFB628B4A8A.jpeg

Bournemouth yesterday from two different angles

B9D39ED8-2ED5-483B-870A-0CA6BF92CA8C.jpeg
C394D3A0-49B7-4CDE-B4C2-C00E4B87A3D3.jpeg

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Benidorm beach looks almost deserted on the live webcams which I can't link to!

I bet they are all in Uncle Peds waiting for the football

View attachment 401752

Go to Spain and sample the culture of a wonderful country........ good grief.

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
There have been no second waves because most countries are still well into their first wave. Countries that had few cases when the virus was starting to take off are now seeing large surges in cases and announcing figures that are well in excess of the first countries to experience the virus.
It seems to me that governments who acted quickly and put into place robust quarantine measures are the ones showing a sustained decrease in new cases and are starting to get back to normal.
Countries that acted later and had confusing and constantly changing messages from their governments about quarantining are the ones where cases are still high and there is frustration among the populations to get back to work because they think restrictions have been in place too long.
Haganap, you asked about the level of hysteria in other countries members are living in? Well, in France there was a fast and very tough lockdown. Levels of infections are very low now and as you know, borders have now opened and most businesses are getting back to normal, but still with a high level of ( 1 metre) social distancing and mask wearing
I think things are getting back to normal more quickly here because of the strict lockdown and the strong sense of moral responsibility throughout the country.
Of course, we still have those that seem to think itā€™s ok to ignore the guidelines but they are the ones that have been fined and are responsible for beaches being closed again shortly after they reopened, and some people are still frustrated that they canā€™t do what they want.
Iā€™m not saying France has got everything right, but Macron said on many occasions that the government values life over the economy, and because of their early action and positive messages businesses and especially the tourist industry seem to be getting back to normal so the economy is suffering less than others.
This is my impression of what is going on here gained from what happens in our district, listening to and watching the French news and the general opinions of people we speak to ( and they rarely hold back if they think anything is wrong.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
[/QUOTE]
Other than not having my spring trip to Europe we dont seem to have suffered in any way.Must be one of the best 3 months of weather in uk for ages,it was a beautiful spring which we really enjoyed.Getting ready to travel now but will wait until sept.BUSBY.

Oct 27, 2013
Portglenone, Northern Ireland.
Funster No
MH
Elddis Magnum185GT
Exp
Since July 2012
But your more likely to get it here we have much higher levels throughout the country!
And will continue to do so as long as there are morons flooding to the beaches, having illegal raves and demonstrating en masse without a thought for others. :banghead::banghead:šŸ¤¬

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back