OK so we’ve all had it with Covid, so whatcha gonna do now ? (1 Viewer)

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
After spending a great deal of time and money sprucing up our bungalow the new tenants moved in today.
Cleared the garage and made 3 trips to the local recycling centre, still open if you book.
So I need another project to keep me going. Starting the office remodelling and decorating tomorrow.
What are your projects to stop you going stir crazy ?
Phil

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Unfortunately for me covid has left me too breathless to do anything, probably for some months to come. Only today I found that just cleaning the car windows was beyond my capacity.
I don't have any actual plans for when I am able to function but one thing is for sure, they will include much use of the MH

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
I’m on the lookout for a motorcycle project. Not a basket case but something that needs some work to get back on the road.

I would really like to do a BMW Isetta three wheeler but they are silly money
Oh an Isetta :) We sold ours at the end of last year . OH did all the work to restore it and many tears after 40 years of ownership .

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I’m on the lookout for a motorcycle project. Not a basket case but something that needs some work to get back on the road.

Used to have one of those,some 50 years ago,brilliant little car,we used to have 4 of us in it ,but we were much thinner then and lighter (y) :rofl:
Someone brought one to the Thetford bash a few years back,happy memories.
Ps also saw one in Benidorm .

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003

3B07991C-BF1F-4FE9-94FD-087009E1DA57.jpeg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I'm taking the current lockdown as an opportunity to do bugger all.
I'm in the process of repointing a mates bungalow.
3/4 way through the gable end and weather turned.... Freezing cold and constant rain is not good for me or the mortar.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Tempted to build a bigger motorhome.

I have bits to do for the next month (been building vans for someone since the first lockdown), but then nothing (the guy I've been building for is having to close and let his unit go as his main business has been decimated by Covid).

I may even get a unit myself and start building vans. Maybe.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Ours was red also,probably the same as yours, but we had a nice shiny front bumper as well as the bars .
She was so cute and got lots of waves and smiles but really no longer practical ! She now lives in the south of France

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Well iv just bought a 1973 Belarus mt 52 tractor, to keep me out of mischief, would have took a photo if I had known this thread was here, very rare in UK but millions in Russia and India.
If anyone is interested I will take a photo of it tomorrow. (y) :doh:
Edit this is the 25th tractor we have on the farm now. (y) (y)(y):giggle:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
You are not alone. I have no incentive and find just getting through the day takes its toll. :( with me I think depression comes into it, made worse by breathlessness since health issue some months ago. VIcious circle. Think I just need someone to supervise jobs, which isn't like me.

Hope you find your mojo soon. Keep safe.

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
I tried lifting some sleepers. So I could paint the fence. Silly me. My shoulders should be ok soon
.then I can paint the fence

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well iv just bought a 1973 Belarus mt 52 tractor, to keep me out of mischief, would have took a photo if I had known this thread was here, very rare in UK but millions in Russia and India.
If anyone is interested I will take a photo of it tomorrow. (y) :doh:
Edit this is the 25th tractor we have on the farm now. (y) (y)(y):giggle:
Yes please Chaser I would love to see some photo's of mt 52 tractor, how is the project progressing.(y)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yes please Chaser I would love to see some photo's of mt 52 tractor, how is the project progressing.(y)
That ones done, left it original so only wanted oily rag on the body.
Got another one now that we are going to paint, as we are having to do a bit at the tin work.

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Unfortunately for me covid has left me too breathless to do anything, probably for some months to come. Only today I found that just cleaning the car windows was beyond my capacity.
I don't have any actual plans for when I am able to function but one thing is for sure, they will include much use of the MH
Same here , no go in me at all, couple of hours at a time in workshop, then sit down for a while, and i had it April 2020.
Got a list as long as my arm, just slowly going thro' it.
Just need to get away from the house for a few days,
Happy travels everyone
Joe

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
That ones done, left it original so only wanted oily rag on the body.
Got another one now that we are going to paint, as we are having to do a bit at the tin work.
Thanks chaser yours sounds like a production line ;) A good friend of mine had just the one old tractor, it was a state when he go it years ago but he got himself a large grass cutter roller and made it pay towards its keep by cutting local cricket grounds and the like.

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
no way are you the worst, bought floating shelves for the study a few years before I retired still waiting for them to be put up, (retired in 2010)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back