Rally Chat New Year Meet Cotswold Area (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:)Have spent most of the day looking into transport options and Restaurants in Cheltenham for New years Eve.

Is there any interest ? otherwise we will just arrange for ourselves(n)

This is one of the restaurants I considered ............http://www.storyteller.co.uk/index.php
Would anyone who would definitely require both, please add their names to the list. Thanks.
:cautious: I don't anticipate this to be cheap ???????????? :whistle: but will not consider silly prices

Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2

Jul 27, 2010
Farnham Surrey
Funster No
MH
Bilbos Nexa
Exp
on and off since 1980
:)Have spent most of the day looking into transport options and Restaurants in Cheltenham for New years Eve.

This is one of the restaurants I considered ............http://www.storyteller.co.uk/index.php
Would anyone who would definitely require both, please add their names to the list. Thanks.
:cautious: I don't anticipate this to be cheap ???????????? :whistle: but will not consider silly prices

Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2

We are quite happy to go with the flow, so please count us in.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Storyteller looks interesting but taxis would be necessary & cost would be huge at New Years wouldn't it?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Went to a Harvester recently and was well impressed so we vote that -- convenient and not expensive

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years

Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat1951 x 2

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000

Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat x 2

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
Have to take our names off the list - just seen the work rota and I cant get the time off
Mr & Mrs Colpot

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Sorry but we will have to come off the list as well, I thought that this was a meet for after the new year not at new year and am booked elsewhere.

glyndwr

Free Member
May 11, 2014
Abergavenny
Funster No
MH
coach
Exp
since 1984 Chausson atm
I might be but it would depend if other solo travellers are going or not, and health issues of family members at that time. Would like to be kept informed of details please.
well seeing your photo I might well go solo :D

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Seem to be most interest in Harvester, please add names so we can book either room or table? Redgrove Harvester, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham.
They are open New Years Eve as normal & full capacity available at present - last orders for drinks are 11pm but was happy that we would want to stay to see the New Year in:)
They can take up to 150 but seating is in several areas of the restaurant with a maximum of 35 in all in one area.
If booking a large group a deposit of £5 per person would be needed to secure it.
Menu would be normal Harvester one on the website plus Festive Menu option. It would be helpful if lots of us that we advise them in advance of meal choice but not essential

Teddybard x 2 ??
Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat1951 x 2

Last edited:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
We still don't know if time off work is possible for us! Think it may need to be a biggish group for the Harvester to let us stay until just after midnight as last orders for drinks are 11pm so would imagine they normally are closed up by then. Might be worth double checking with the manager Sergio once numbers are known.
Possible venues for room for private party - meeting room at nearby Thistle or function room at The Pavilion 10 minutes walk away - either would need someone who can definitely be there as would take a bit of organising.
Also other pub (National Hunt) on nearby housing estate might suit a smaller group?

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Seem to be most interest in Harvester, please add names so we can book either room or table? Redgrove Harvester, Hatherley Lane, Cheltenham.

Teddybard x 2 ??
Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2

Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Would love to come, it's my birthday on NYE and this would our first rally. could you please let us have full details asap.

colyboy and mrs

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Would love to come, it's my birthday on NYE and this would our first rally. could you please let us have full details asap.
colyboy and mrs

:) New Year Meet @ Briarfields Telephone 01242235324
http://www.briarfields.net/
Briarfields is a small family Touring Camping Site. The site is open all year round and located just 2 miles from Regency Cheltenham and 6 miles from Historic Gloucester with an excellent bus service to both.
There are approx. 26 shows of interest
Briarfields need you to stay at least two nights. The price is £15.00 per night.:)
No charge for dogs. This is an extremely nice site and very convenient for Cheltenham and Gloucester .
The maximum number will be 25 vans

Members that are interested should make a booking directly with the site. In order for Funsters to enjoy the discount and all be pitched together please mention Motorhome Fun.
:):):) IF you have booked and are wishing to join us at the Harvester please add your name to the list.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
They are open New Years Eve as normal & full capacity available at present - last orders for drinks are 11pm but was happy that we would want to stay to see the New Year in:)
They can take up to 150 but seating is in several areas of the restaurant with a maximum of 35 in all in one area.
If booking a large group a deposit of £5 per person would be needed to secure it.
Menu would be normal Harvester one on the website plus Festive Menu option. It would be helpful if lots of us that we advise them in advance of meal choice but not essential

Teddybard x 2
Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2

I am hoping to confirm numbers with The Harvester before the end of the month and also if any deposit required.

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Sorry to be a pain, Wildge. . . this thread grown and grown since I last looked. Is the situation now that if we want to go we have to phone the camp site and book a place, and then we have to book the meal at the Harvesters ourselves? I am rubbish at trolling round the computer sites.

If so can you give me some idea please of the cost of both of these before I ring up so I don't feel embarrassed. Many thanks darlin' Joy

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013

Teddybard x 2
Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
daveandsan x 2

I am hoping to confirm numbers with The Harvester before the end of the month and also if any deposit required.

Just added our name to the Harvester meal list.

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
And us please !!!!![/
Wildge said:

Teddybard x 2
Wildge x 2
REKERLY x 2
Pat1951 x 2
Electraglide x 2
Colyboy x 2
daveandsan x 2
Stephen & Jeannie x 2

Vincemacca

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Don't think i'll be there for new year so wish you all the best at briarfields. I pass it twice a day, and as you say it can be a little noisy but its really not that bad. You have an excellent bus service from outside which will take you to Cheltenham or Gloucester (stagecoach 94). Excellent pubs in Cheltenham; The Sandford Ale house is new and highly CAMRA rated, . The Beehive, Jolly Brewmaster, The Bayhill and Montpellier wine bar are all good as is the Retreat - but if you want to catch the sport - then head to the Lansdown - multiple TV's !
The 94 runs quite late (maybe even into the early hours) so you should not have too much of a problem getting in and out.
Some great eating houses, often the simplest looking being the best.
if i'm around that weekend I might convince the good lady to accompany me to bring some mince pies and mulled wine for you all.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2010
Funster No
Vincemacca We will be first in line for the mince pies, our van is a Hobby with a Devon flag make sure you call there first. Call on NYE and you may get a drink as it is my birthday.

colyboy

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Wildge

Can you please remove us from the list as we have found an alternative event closer to home.

Many thanks

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Please remove me too as a family event has come up...

Many thanks

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back