Rally Chat New Year Meet Cotswold Area (1 Viewer)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
[QUOTE]. If you make it round to the pub John, could you report back if there is any decent beer? Harvesters are not usually noted for having anything to get very excited about. :( I know there are some very good pubs in the area, but I suspect the Harvester may be the only one within staggering distance!
:) Thistle Hotel across the road......don't know about their beer....... but doing Black tie and Dancing for New Year if that rocks your boat:D
In the absence of information to the contrary, I'd put the Thistle Hotel in the same category as Harvester as far as beer is concerned.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Simon, couldn't we have our own mini beer/cider festival? We could all bring beer or cider from our local brewery or areas throw them on a table and sample away. I'm not as you know a beer drinker but it was a good ideal at Woodbridge last weekend.

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Wildge, is there a room we can hire or space for a marquee? We could then have our own party space to see the new year in. Black tie optional.
Good question re. room.

As to dress code, will a clip-on bow tie & black Craghoppers be ok? :confused:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Simon, couldn't we have our own mini beer/cider festival?
Quite possibly, but I'm not the person to ask.

We need somewhere to gather first - or two RVs with big awnings parked so their awnings join.
Darhling, you'd look devine, bare chested I presume?
You've not seen me bare chested, have you?

20 years too late, I'm afraid. :crying:

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Think outdoors marquee or awnings may be a bit cold for some of us softies! Had a quick search online & a few of the closest possible venues?!
Thistle Cheltenham if it has another function room (have 10 meeting rooms) for private party other than where they have their black tie do - closest venue
Broken Link Removed
http://www.thepavilion-cheltenham.org.uk/ function room hire, possible catering as has a cafe, not sure if too far to walk as past Asda
Harvester - book in as a group restaurant booking for New Years Eve night & take it over! Get special deal on set menu if lots of people
Manor By the Lake - probably too far (further on again from Asda) & looks too expensive but might be worth an enquiry
http://www.chooseyourvenue.com/venues/manor-by-the-lake
This is not my forte - perhaps a Funster with recent experience of booking venues might be the best person to make enquiries if anyone interested in any of these?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2009
East Cowes, PO32 6RU
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Caravan since 1970, motorhome or RV since 1999 then back to a caravan in 2017.
As I said then - might see some early arrivals before we depart for New Year at Devizes.

We are thinking of going to the Harvester for Christmas dinner as we understand that KFC are closed!!

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Wombles, post: 1119538, member: 28783"]Think outdoors marquee or awnings may be a bit cold for some of us softies!
Harvester - book in as a group restaurant booking for New Years Eve night & take it over! Get special deal on set menu if lots of people

(y) Anyone interested in this and not at Lincoln are welcome to form a list (y)(y)(y)

Expressions of interest...........
Wildge
Movan
sb8263
lunarman
Teddybard
Catspyjamas
daveandsan
DuxDeluxe
jollyrodger
Wombles
Robert Clark
Mousey
cliffandger
trekkin
REKERLY
davidbaldam
Ali n Tim
Electraglide
LAM
Tkly
Mr&MrsColpot
rangitira
Ambilkate
Haganap
Ladylea
Canopus
TheCaller
Dogeared
Viennese

Last edited:
OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:) Please note this is not a rally ............Anyone is welcome to organize whatever they wish:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

THANKS JIM ..............I quote...............
Meets are a fun way for members to meet in an informal setting. They are always held on a commercial site. There is nothing to organise apart from putting the meet in the calender, along with a bit of info maybe outlining how nice the site is and making mention of it in the Meets and rallies forum,

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
(y) Anyone interested in this and not at Lincoln are welcome to form a list (y)(y)(y)

Expressions of interest...........
Wildge
Movan
sb8263
lunarman
Teddybard
Catspyjamas
daveandsan
DuxDeluxe
jollyrodger
Wombles
Robert Clark
Mousey
cliffandger
trekkin
REKERLY
davidbaldam
Ali n Tim
Electraglide
LAM
Tkly
Mr&MrsColpot
rangitira
Ambilkate
Haganap
Ladylea
Canopus
TheCaller
Dogeared
Viennese

Harvester New Years eve sounds ok to us We're in
Roger & Sheila.

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
Having suggested the Harvester as an option thought we had better check that they are open! Spoke to the helpful manager Sergio who advised the following:
They are open New Years Eve as normal & full capacity available at present - last orders for drinks are 11pm but was happy that we would want to stay to see the New Year in:)
They can take up to 150 but seating is in several areas of the restaurant with a maximum of 35 in all in one area.
If booking a large group a deposit of £5 per person would be needed to secure it.
Menu would be normal Harvester one on the website plus Festive Menu option. It would be helpful if lots of us that we advise them in advance of meal choice but not essential.
Maybe not ideal venue as wouldn't be exclusively Funsters & no music or dancing but an easy budget option? If not best choice for New Years Eve night then perhaps for another night during this meet?

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
it would be lovely to share new year with funsters, could i be added as a possible please..
looks to be a beautiful site plus they do accommodate rallies too..

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:) New Year Meet Briarfields Telephone 01242235324
http://www.briarfields.net/
Wildge
Movan
sb8263
lunarman
Teddybard
Catspyjamas
daveandsan
DuxDeluxe
jollyrodger
Wombles
Robert Clark
Mousey
cliffandger
trekkin
REKERLY
davidbaldam
Ali n Tim
Electraglide
LAM
Tkly
Mr&MrsColpot
rangitira
Ambilkate
Haganap
Ladylea
Canopus
The Caller
Dogeared
Viennese
Dryad

Members that are interested should make a booking directly with the site. In order for Funsters to enjoy the discount and all be pitched together please mention Motor Home Fun.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Members that are interested should make a booking directly with the site. In order for Funsters to enjoy the discount and all be pitched together please mention Motor Home Fun.
When are people arriving?

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi sorry to sound daft, but new to
Fun.
Do I understand right. This is a meet that you jump in and out of on dates that suit
What are the proposed dates for the informal meet?
What is the agreed rate for Funsters?

Sure I'll get the hang of this.
Adrian

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
:)Have just spoken to Briarfields and they need you to stay at least two nights. The price is £15.00 per night.:)
No charge for dogs. This is an extremely nice site and very convenient for Cheltenham and Gloucester .
The maximum number will be 25 vans

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
:)Have just spoken to Briarfields and they need you to stay at least two nights. The price is £15.00 per night.:)
No charge for dogs. This is an extremely nice site and very convenient for Cheltenham and Gloucester .
The maximum number will be 25 vans[/QUO
Sorry must learn to read post properly

Last edited:

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
Sorry

Still daft. Been looking but cannot find any dates, so guessing Monday 29 or Tues 30 arrive ?

Adrian

Nov 9, 2012
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
At Briarfields today.

Arrived at 12.30 good check in by a pleasant lady and confirmed £14 was the ACSI rate. She allocated us a pitch so off we went only to return 20mins later
And asked to change the pitch no problem so now happy on our new pitch.

The site its self was easily found and is quite nice and tidy. The piches do vary in size and of the 70 pitches only a few were poor.

There is however a LOT of road noise with a dual carriageway on one side and a busy main road on the other. In addition there is a lot of flight traffic overhead private helicopters and planes.

Saying all that subject to a goodnights sleep we will probably stay for 3/4days.
Hilary has just poured out some wine and made up some smoked salmon nibbles. By for now.

John

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Booked with the site, just need to know whether to book the Harvester for New Years Eve.

(y) I think TeddyBard ( Roger and Sheila ) or Wombles are about to make a List :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

:D We are very keen but discussing it further at Lincoln:rolleyes:

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Hi Judy & Bill
Just noticed this one, definitely interested so please add us to list.
Will chat to you at Lincoln
Pat & Trish

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
Just booked and paid

They have quite a few booked in already,

Looking forward to our first rally with Fun

Thanks

OP
OP
W

Wildge

Free Member
Jul 24, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coach built.
Exp
since 2000
Wildge
Movan
sb8263
lunarman
Teddybard
Catspyjamas
daveandsan
DuxDeluxe
jollyrodger
Wombles
Robert Clark
Mousey
cliffandger
trekkin
REKERLY
davidbaldam
Ali n Tim
Electraglide
LAM
Tkly
Mr&MrsColpot
rangitira
Ambilkate
Haganap
Ladylea
Canopus
The Caller
Dogeared
Viennese
Dryad
Pat1951

Wombles

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
(y) I think TeddyBard ( Roger and Sheila ) or Wombles are about to make a List :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
Not even sure if we can go yet?! Haven't had leave agreed by work yet.We aren't making lists just throwing some ideas & info. out there to see what develops... Don't think anyone has to panic & book a restaurant quite yet.

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
I can go but sadly no chance of organising anything (This time)
Roger

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back