New Year Meet 2008/2009 - Grantham (3 Viewers)

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
We have contacted the pub to book a pitch for the New Year meet and we would like to be included in the New Years Eve Dinner. As with Frank Rooke who has booked on to the meet I am also a wheelchair user and require a wheelchair space for the meal.

Thanks
Russell & Carole (The Sims):thumb:

Thanks Russell & Carole :thumb:

I've added you to the list and sent you a PM and an Email asking for some more details :thumb:

Look forward to seeing you both there ::bigsmile:

Bryan & Suzy

OP
OP
X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
This meet is now FULL
Please PM me if you want
addding to the
cancellation waiting list
:rollonfloor: :rollonfloor:
:rollonfloor:​
:rollonfloor::rollonfloor:​
:rollonfloor:
:rollonfloor::rollonfloor:
:rollonfloor:
:rollonfloor::rollonfloor:​

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
What a bu**er:Doh:

Got to drive back from the Dirty Duck to Swansea on the 31st to attend court on a domestic matter:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Really pi$$ed if i put it off will go back to February date which i really dont want:Doh:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Hi all,

As forecasted, it is bitterly cold, but dry. My arrival yesterday, (Rita arrives later), was in the middle of the "meet & greet" outside Suzy & Bryans RV...............my welcoming party? :ROFLMAO:
Bryan was even ready with his mega camera. :whatthe: :winky:
The day did warm up slightly, and by 14.00 we were in the pub, having received a challenge from tuggers, to a games competition. They are in the rally field next to us. Unfortunately, we lost. :whatthe::whatthe::Blush::Blush:
My thanks to Tina & Glenn for the invitation to join them for a big plate of grub. Excellent too.

Most have arrived now, but sadly no sign of Jim, Sian and family yet due to family illness. Hope all is okay with mother Jim.
The heating in our van was on all night, as it really is very cold, but fortunately there's no wind to cope with.
Looking forward to Rita's arrival after work, and our New Years Eve in the company of friends, when both hands on the clock strike midnight. :winky: :thumb:

Jock.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Guys, we are not going to be able to make it. We were due to take my Mum home to Oxford on Monday and then head on up, however she has been taken very poorly after catching that flu type bug, (we've all had it) She was a bit better yesterday but still not out of bed, hopefully today will see her up and about but that means we won't be able to make it. :Sad:

So it looks like our Auld Lang Syne this year will be a little quieter than it was with you guys last year.

Have a good one Funsters, I know you will,:thumb::thumb:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Horrid bug we had it over christmas, get well soon.
Happy new year to everyone where ever you may be :thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Jim
Sorry to hear Mums has been unwell, but it sounds as if she is on the mend,
Were all having a great time here and you and the gang have been missed especially as we were a dart player missing and a domino champ would have been useful
we were suckerd into a war,sorry competition, by a gang of proffesional racketeers and sting artists :ROFLMAO:
however we, as funsters do, took the defeat in good spirit, it was just pure coincidence that six tuggers had broken legs following a visit to the Gents,
Power failures on these sites is common and the fact it only effected caravans was indeed a mystery to us all:Cool:
With twenty three Caravans burning to the ground that night it was a good job Jock (Retired Fire Service) was with us to help protect the Funsters Motor Homes, non of which suffed any damage:thumb:
Are we good loosers? course we are:whatthe: The survivers have agreed to a game of Boules today
Colonel Geo
MHF Ground Forces

TinaGlenn

Free Member
Aug 7, 2007
Near King's Lynn
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
9 years
The tuggers have pulled out of the Boules match..... one woman was heard muttering something about brass balls and monkeys:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: the wimps, it is still just above freezing:ROFLMAO:

Bryan has managed to create a very nice ice rink all around his RV, and the power is popping on and off almost faster than it can be reset. The site showers have no heating or hot water and this morning the site water supply taps were frozen, and although the Funsters seem to be coping the tuggers are taking it all very personally :RollEyes:

The good news is that after running out of beer last night, the pub had a large delivery this morning :thumb:

Tina

Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi all
Glad to see the funsters enjoying theirselves as usual wish we could be there ,maybe next year.
Anyway just Pete & Sue wishing you all a happy new year enjoy yourselves and we look forward to seeing you all in the new year.

Pete & Sue::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Morning all, and a Happy New Year from all the Funsters here at The Rutland Arms in the Vale of Belvoir.

We saw the New year in as planned, with a sit down meal and a few drinks in convivial company. :thumb:

Our tugger neighbours are not a happy bunch, and to be honest, we Funsters are not overly impressed either, but as they are paying more than us, they've got the right to have a bigger nark on. :winky:
We wish that we had a tenner for every time our leccy went off yesterday. Thanks to Bryan, aided by Glenn, for keeping us "tripped in". :roflmto: Even the Electricity Company got involved..........twice within a few hours. Pity the couple in their caravan that arrived with "NO GAS". :Eeek:

A strategy has been put forward within our group, and will no doubt be sorted out in finer detail over bacon & sausage rolls at 11.00 (ish). Yessssssssssss, that's the way to do it, and with a big mug of tea too. :ROFLMAO:
Whether our neighbours get involved with us in the politics of the situation or not, is'nt known yet.

TTFN,

Jock & Rita.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Morning all, and a Happy New Year from all the Funsters here at The Rutland Arms in the Vale of Belvoir.

Jock & Rita.

Happy New Year Jock and Rita.. wishing you and all the fun gang safe and happy travels in 2009 .. :Smile:

Jim, Jan and Chaz

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Thanks Jim, Jan & Chaz, and a Good New Year to you too. We'll pass on your good wishes to the rest of the gang.

(Lost the 3 signal earlier. Vodafone and T Mobile only available on GPRS. O2's a bit iffy too. :winky:)

Jock & Rita.

Last edited:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
A Happy New Year to all - sorry the conditions at the meet are somewhat difficult.....hope the rest of it goes better for those attending!!!

Here's to 2009 - and may it not be the gloomy year predicted in the media!!

A great year to all!!

Laurie and Jen

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
A Happy New Year to all - sorry the conditions at the meet are somewhat difficult.....hope the rest of it goes better for those attending!!!

Here's to 2009 - and may it not be the gloomy year predicted in the media!!

A great year to all!!

Laurie and Jen

Hi Laurie & Jen,

Thanks for that, and a good New Year to you both too.

Well everybody, we are home, however we are the lucky ones, as Bryan & Suzy, our hosts for the New Year meet, have been delayed in their departure. Poor Bryan has suffered from a prolapsed disc by the sounds of it, and is in absolute agony. Arrangements are in hand to try and get them home, with the help from fellow Funsters. I am sure that you'll all join Rita and I in wishing them a safe journey home, and a speedy recovery to Bryan. :thumb:

Re the meet.......despite problems with the electric hook ups, delayed meals, and shirty attitudes from some pub staff , we all had a great time, and it is mainly down to the efforts of Suzy & Bryan. Their organisation and catering skills have kept us all "enthusiastic" over the last few days, and with the participation of everyone attending, we had a great meet, and will no doubt have another great New Year's Meet...............................but not at the Rutland Arms.
They have certainly cooked their goose there, as the saying goes. In fact, the pub's tenant/landlord nearly had an involuntary New Year's swim in the adjacent canal, due to his attitude and inappropriate actions. :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

What's that all about, I hear you asking? Let's just say that his behaviour wasn't as gentlemanly as it could, or should have been, towards a paying customer. :Angry:

All the best to Suzy & Bryan. Get well soon pal.

Jock & Rita.

Soundman

Free Member
May 1, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
16 Years
New Years Meet

Hi All,
Back safely after a great time this week.:Smile:
I won't go on about the site problems but would certainly like to thank our hosts for making us most welcome on our first outing with the "Fun Club".
I do hope Bryan feels a bit better, as we left he looked in agony with a back problem. Maybe a massage from Suzy would be a good start!:Doh:
Got plenty of walking in with Georgina's dogs which made for a thirst afterwards in the pub.:ROFLMAO:
Thanks to Glen for explaining the Technomate (pm on its way)
Have a safe trip home everyone.:thumb:

Soundman (and woman)

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Hi to one and all.:Smile:
Back safely after a grand outing with the funsters.:thumb:
Many thanks to Bryan & Suzy for looking after us all, even through the power cuts.:Eeek:
Hope your back problem sorts itself out Bryan and you get home safely.

Regards
Raoul:thumb:

A Happy New Year To all Funsters::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Glad you are all home safe and sound except for poor old RR still awaiting a recovery truck at the site. We have been worried that he wasn't back here as arranged and at long last managed to get a phone signal to find out that he is still stuck there.
Oh well at least his brakes didn't fail going down the motorway :Eeek:
Truck due at 9.30am now.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi funsters,

home safe and sound if a little delayed......shirl wanted to go to monks cross shopping center at york which can turn into a long wait:Angry:

no parking space big enough for the van and toad so had to drop her off and find a layby on the A64 for 2 hours.....not a problem, kettle on and sat dish up.

we had a really good new year, except the power problems, thanks to bryan and suzy....cheers guys and thanks for the 'butties and coffee' yesterday morning suzy. hope your back recovers soon bryan, i know how painful it is.

poor old roadrunners luck doesnt appear to have got any better in 2009..hope you get home soon mate.:thumb:

photos will be in the gallery in a short while.

happy new year to all the funsters that didnt make the meet.

john.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Glad you are all home safe and sound except for poor old RR still awaiting a recovery truck at the site.

Sorry to hear that Dylan.
Please pass on our good wishes to John, when you next speak to him. What a bummer, eh?
Strangely enough, he wasn't the only ARV to have problems with brakes at the meet. Perhaps it's a weather related thing, or maybe it's just coincidental.
Anyway, lets hope he gets sorted out in the morning.

J & R.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Just to cap it all RR has now had a call from the home his Dad is in to say he has had a fall. Not a good start to the year :cry:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
pappajohn said:
no parking space big enough for the van and toad so had to drop her off and find a layby on the A64 for 2 hours.....not a problem, kettle on and sat dish up.

You're obviously still in love John, or very scared of Shirl. :roflmto:

Jock.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Just to cap it all RR has now had a call from the home his Dad is in to say he has had a fall. Not a good start to the year :cry:

Gordon Bl##dy Bennett, it doesn't rain, but it pours. :Sad::Sad::Sad:

Jock.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
having problems with photo upload so i'll stick a few thumbs on here for now

Mmmm thumbs are a bit small. i'll figure out how to put them in the gallery

Last edited:

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Hi John,

Both links are asking us for your password, before we can view your album. :Doh:

Give us all a clue please? :ROFLMAO:

Jock.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi John,

Both links are asking us for your password, before we can view your album. :Doh:

Give us all a clue please? :ROFLMAO:

Jock.

try it now Jock,
forgot to make the album public:Doh:
if it doesnt work post back on here and ill figure out how to put them in the gallery.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back