New GRP and paintwork restorer (2 Viewers)

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
I have Jez's old restorer & some Starbright it's better than the Starbright, looking forward to the new one. The only one I've found better is the 3M but that is no longer imported to the UK.
Star Brite do loads of different products, you can’t compared a restorer to a polish so I’m not sure exactly which star Brite product you are comparing with.
star Brite also do restorers with different cutting levels in them. The polish they do also comes in different variances, I have the tub of marine softened polish and a few of the bottles with ptfe.

Star Brite are excellent products, I still have most of a bottle of Jez’s original restorer from years ago, it’s ok but star Brite restorer is much better depending on what strength compound you order. I used the medium.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Star Brite do loads of different products, you can’t compared a restorer to a polish so I’m not sure exactly which star Brite product you are comparing with.
star Brite also do restorers with different cutting levels in them. The polish they do also comes in different variances, I have the tub of marine softened polish and a few of the bottles with ptfe.

Star Brite are excellent products, I still have most of a bottle of Jez’s original restorer from years ago, it’s ok but star Brite restorer is much better depending on what strength compound you order. I used the medium.
A medium cutting compound isnt finishing product, it will cut through surfaces fast. I am researching a medium and course product to add to my range, But these products can damage surfaces if over used. Our new polish is far superior to the old one.

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
Would it restore this? Just noticed as the sun had arrived yesterday and was shocked how bad this was for a 2017 model, used cutting, polish and wax with DA machine but still have front cap to do,
(Edit) This was the rear cap before doing the above
0258156E-1D07-448C-818F-D099F58D68A1.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
I’d love to try it,,give me a nod when you have stock 👍

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I need to get
I have used loads of SRP over the years and think it does a great job cleaning up dirty grubby areas and especially black streaks, I have never thought that it made them worse.

I will nick some of this stuff off jongood and give it a go but I assume it needs a wax after you have finished polishing.
Some first jezport ? How do I go about getting it please?

I suppose you will want to borrow "the polisher" as well Martin :LOL::LOL:

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
A medium cutting compound isnt finishing product, it will cut through surfaces fast. I am researching a medium and course product to add to my range, But these products can damage surfaces if over used. Our new polish is far superior to the old one.
Yes I was just wondering which of the many star Brite products Lenny was comparing it with.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Yes I was just wondering which of the many star Brite products Lenny was comparing it with.
Having worked in the valeting / detailing business the most common way people cause damage to their vehicle while detailing it themselves is using the wrong product or using it incorrectly.
The polish I sell is very safe to use and wont damage surfaces if used sensibly. I have tested it on scratches, swirl marks, black streaks, paint on paint etc and it works as well as a fine polish will work. Even on scratches which require a course polish it will gradually reduce the defect down without suddenly going through the surface. I am working on deeper cutting polishes and hopefully they should be out during spring.
But these deeper cutting polishes have to be used with extreme care!

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Would it restore this? Just noticed as the sun had arrived yesterday and was shocked how bad this was for a 2017 model, used cutting, polish and wax with DA machine but still have front cap to do,
(Edit) This was the rear cap before doing the above
View attachment 584154
Its impossible to say without seeing it in real life, but I would say that it should do, but may need machine polishing for a faster and better finish.

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
Having worked in the valeting / detailing business the most common way people cause damage to their vehicle while detailing it themselves is using the wrong product or using it incorrectly.
The polish I sell is very safe to use and wont damage surfaces if used sensibly. I have tested it on scratches, swirl marks, black streaks, paint on paint etc and it works as well as a fine polish will work. Even on scratches which require a course polish it will gradually reduce the defect down without suddenly going through the surface. I am working on deeper cutting polishes and hopefully they should be out during spring.
But these deeper cutting polishes have to be used with extreme care!
Would it be possible to explain best practise for using this product, or a link to a vid or similar to show correct use.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Best Practice

Always wash the vehicle thoroughly and dry.

How To (Hand Application)
Apply 2-5 pea sized amounts of polish to a clean, microfibre or a foam applicator pad.
Using light pressure; spread the compound onto the vehicles paintwork, working in small areas (50cm x 50cm) using an up & down and left & right lattice pattern for optimal coverage.
Allow the polish to dry to a haze.
Buff off with a clean microfibre cloth.

How To (Machine Application)

Apply 2-5 pea sized amounts of polish to a light foam polishing pad.
Using light pressure and the lowest speed setting, spread the polish onto the vehicles paintwork.
Work in small areas (50cm x 50cm) using an overlapping up & down and left & right lattice pattern for optimal coverage.
Increase the speed setting to a maximum of 1000RPM and continue to work the polish into the paintwork until the polish becomes clear.
Allow the polish to dry to a haze.
Buff off with a clean microfibre cloth

Top Tip
Make sure you are working out of direct sunlight whenever you are using a polish or compound, and check that your vehicle is cool to the touch prior to application. Make sure any wind is not blowing dust or contaminants onto the paintwork.

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Yes please Jez I would love to give it a go.
Like most I always struggle to keep the area above the windscreen (A Class) looking good. Would this be a good prep in that area before waxing ? I’ve already purchased some Collonite to try as a topcoat.

Mark.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Yes please Jez I would love to give it a go.
Like most I always struggle to keep the area above the windscreen (A Class) looking good. Would this be a good prep in that area before waxing ? I’ve already purchased some Collonite to try as a topcoat.

Mark.
Yes, ideal prior to colinite.
For particularly bad areas, the corser medium grade would bring it up.

Jan 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1988
Fortunately it’s not really bad at the moment and I would be cautious about using anything too abrasive. I have a D/A machine and would use that to apply it making life a little easier.
Happy to try the ordinary polish first please.

Mark

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Yes that's me, orders placed on ebay for polish are for the original version as I have some left.
It will be the new stuff when I fun out.
Are you just selling the new version now? thats all that shows on e bay I think.

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
I believe this to be the original as it’s the same as one I bought last year

Thanks. Was it as good as you hoped?

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
Yes. I’d just changed vans and the one I bought was dull as dish water. I’d say it hadn’t been touched in 10 yrs.
This stuff quickly removed the build up of grim and dull paint.
I’d recommend although unsure how it would work on an already shiny van

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I believe this to be the original as it’s the same as one I bought last year

That is the new one, it's got "new formula" on the bottle & it's green. The original is cream coloured.

The new one is slightly more abrasive and works well.

Oct 3, 2014
Llanelli, Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido 891F A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I have tried it and was very impressed with the outcome would recommend giving it a go.

Jun 6, 2020
Funster No
MH
Apache Hi Line 634
Jez / Anyone - do you have any pics of before - after ?

Would be great to see some results, so I can compare before buying.

Jez - Assume you recommend applying wax, after the restorer has been applied ?

Thanks

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back