New GRP and paintwork restorer (2 Viewers)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I've been selling a very popular restorer polish on ebay for around 11 years and it's always sold well and is a good product. I tested it against other branded products and it worked as well as products a lot more expensive. Anyhow , as I'm a bit of a perfectionist I wanted a product that performed better on surface contaminants like over spray and black streaks. I've now finished testing of various versions with differing ingredients and have my new version. It now contains a clay and a fine surface filler, amongst other new ingredients and is still a finishing polish so wont cut through lacquer or paint too quickly.
I absolutely love using it, and have done a lot of work to get it re-formulated.
A lot of people will have no ide how much work is put into a simple product.

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
so will it work on my grp over cab that has started to look a bit "chalky!!" ?

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I sell it for Ā£11.99 including delivery.
My ebay stock is still the old version. I will message you.

sonar

Free Member
Dec 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
I've been selling a very popular restorer polish on ebay for around 11 years and it's always sold well and is a good product. I tested it against other branded products and it worked as well as products a lot more expensive. Anyhow , as I'm a bit of a perfectionist I wanted a product that performed better on surface contaminants like over spray and black streaks. I've now finished testing of various versions with differing ingredients and have my new version. It now contains a clay and a fine surface filler, amongst other new ingredients and is still a finishing polish so wont cut through lacquer or paint too quickly.
I absolutely love using it, and have done a lot of work to get it re-formulated.
A lot of people will have no ide how much work is put into a simple product.
Whatā€™s the product called.

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Whatā€™s the product called.
I sold the old version as restorer polish. Never bothered giving it a name. People bought it and recommended it to friends. So never needed any flash package or name.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Iā€™d like to try it.

What other product would you compare it to.

Can it be applied by machine.

Thanks

jezport
It can be applied by hand or machine. It can be compared with many light cutting and renovating polishes. I have refined it to my specifications so it performs as I want. It is designed to gently cut, clean and remove surface defects.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
It can be applied by hand or machine. It can be compared with many light cutting and renovating polishes. I have refined it to my specifications so it performs as I want. It is designed to gently cut, clean and remove surface defects.

Sounds good to me then.

Iā€™m guessing itā€™s a similar cut to Autoglym SRP then.

Sounds like just the ticket, very interested to see what it can do šŸ‘

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
I personally think it has a superior cut to SRP and doesnt leave a sticky residue that promotes black streaking like SRP does.

Sorry, when I was comparing yours to SRP it was more about the gentle cut from your description.

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I'm interested too, please let me know.

As an aside i bought some cream screw on elasticated pouches from your ebay store for our van, very impressed, just wondering if you have plans for smaller versions in the same colour, can't get them anywhere else.

Pete

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Looks like you have a winning product on your hands, Is the price quoted for a gallon:giggle:

Cheers
Colin

OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Yes that's me, orders placed on ebay for polish are for the original version as I have some left.
It will be the new stuff when I fun out.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back