DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
An Australian friend once told be that if you want to explore the Outback then you need a Land Rover or a Toyota. He went on to say that if you want to explore the Outback and come home you need a Toyota....................:whistle:
The Land cruiser I pictured above was a really basic model which we hired in Oman. Manual transmission and wind up windows. We had three and they performed brilliantly - apart from the tyres. I had three punctures in three days. Then I learned to stick to the tracks!

But Land Rover have come on a lot over the last ten years. Much more reliable vehicles these days than they used to be.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
all this chat about off roading in a motorhome is very interesting but really...
is it likely? I would hate to think what state the average interior would be in after a serious off road trip. Some of the "furniture" would be matchwood, and the contents? the biggest jumble sale ever.
Most 4x4 murvi's will be used to move out of wet grassy fields in mid summer, or muddy steam fair events.

Yeah but..will look very cool in sainsbury carpark ( other supermarkets available)

appydaze

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 12, 2009
southend on sea essex
Funster No
MH
Merc high top
Exp
20 years
My Suzuki Jimny will go anywhere, but a bit uncomfortable to sleep in or nearly anything of a sexual nature in.......... behave :love:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
all this chat about off roading in a motorhome is very interesting but really...
is it likely? I would hate to think what state the average interior would be in after a serious off road trip. Some of the "furniture" would be matchwood, and the contents? the biggest jumble sale ever.
Most 4x4 murvi's will be used to move out of wet grassy fields in mid summer, or muddy steam fair events.
hi, you may be amazed where folk are getting these days . morocco is the start . then these days its the silk road to china . hundreds of m,homes are doing it now . the germans and dutch possibly lead in this . but even south america is a winter destination for many .
try a google on sea bridge travel. i know many that have been to china and back with just front wheel drive . not youngsters either . long distance travel is what many older m,homers are doing these days . hats off to them i say.
i know some that have taken vehicles all round the world north south east west in ever country. one couple i know are in their 80,s and are having there m,home shipped to south africa this moment they fly out mid november to join it . they decided north africa could be troublesome this year . they were customers of mine . i know malcolm was 83 this year and he says he feels younger every day . or he gets more childish . ha ha

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back