MotorhomeFun Magazine Ready To Launch (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
A BIG thank you to the Apple and Android testers, nothing was straightforward but we got there in the end. :clap2:

My plan is to make this THE most read motorhome magazine in the uk and to achieve that aim I had to have it work as an app on all machines as well as on the web.

To make this work we had to make it easy and we have. No searching of app stores and trying to redeem coupon codes for subscriptions...With just one click, we will install the App on your phone or tablet and give you a free subscription. :D

I will be encouraging Funsters to share other links far and wide so we can grow the magazine quickly. The link will be made available to Funsters on Sunday and to the rest of the world on Tuesday morning at the start of the NEC show.

In the masthead of every magazine you see the long list of people who help create it, I don't have one of those as it would be silly reading

Editor - Jim
Assistant Editor - Jim
Art editors Jim & Jim
Features Editor - Jim
etc..

You get the idea, if you knew me in my former life you would giggle at the suggestion of me producing a magazine, but Ive had a good crack and most of the feed back from the Funsters who have seen it so far has been positive. However I'm sure that with suggestions from Funsters famously not too backwards at coming forward it will get better and better. Thanks. I'm looking forward to showing it to you.

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Nice one Jim, looking forward to it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Brilliant Jim looking forward to meeting you at the show
Great site great work thank you

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
So much work gone into the magazine I really am looking forward to getting the app on my phone to keep up to date with motorhome life
Thank you Jim (y)

Mikey RV

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 7, 2010
Devon
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance I821G
Exp
Since 1977
Looking forward to it, will say hello at the show. (y)

Jul 29, 2014
Norfolk and Correze, France
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Had one for 5 years many moons ago. Now starting again.
I read MHF on my laptop using Windows 7 - it does what I want so didn't see the need to update.

But I often use my Kindle Fire when laid in bed reading books etc., and being the tech numpty I am I have never tried to get MHF on it.

Can anyone please give me a hint or two as to what I do to load MHF on it and hopefully shortly load a link to the mag.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I hope the new magazine is as iconic and treasured as the first edition of the Eagle comic first published back in 1950.

Looking forward to reading your new Magazine.

?

:D. I doubt it, it’s a few stories thrown together, there will be parish church magazines that will put it to shame, but it will get better. :). My emphasis these last months has been on the actual app, now we have that squared away I can begin working on the content. yy

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
We’re looking forward to it. Hope all goes well!

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
Nice one Jim ?? The work never stops huh?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I read MHF on my laptop using Windows 7 - it does what I want so didn't see the need to update.

But I often use my Kindle Fire when laid in bed reading books etc., and being the tech numpty I am I have never tried to get MHF on it.

Can anyone please give me a hint or two as to what I do to load MHF on it and hopefully shortly load a link to the mag.
The Kindle Fire is an odd thing. It looks like a tablet but has some Amazon specific restrictions.

I believe the browser on a Fire is called Silk and a browser is what you need for the MHF website. So open Silk and type in the address www.motorhomefun.co.uk and hopefully it will appear.

Whether the magazine will run on a Fire is less certain. I suspect Amazon only allows apps to be downloaded from its own store. A problem Jim may have to look at later. :) But I think I read there will be a Web version of the magazine so that should work on Silk.

The Huawei T3 7" tablet is about £70 and should run the magazine app without problems. It has a good display for the price.

Last edited:
May 10, 2019
Norfolk UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic E-Line
Hi Jim, Help! I have downloaded the App, via IOS, but it asks me to subscribe? My subscription runs until June 2020?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Hi Jim, Help! I have downloaded the App, via IOS, but it asks me to subscribe? My subscription runs until June 2020?
When I tried downloading the app a second time it did that to me as well. So I deleted the app again but this time rebooting the device before downloading again. This then worked and I got the free subscription. But this was on an Android device but worth trying on yours

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Fenman, after my Samsung tablet died, my wife bought two Kindle Fires on a deal, I don't know what she does with hers, but all I use mine for is browsing Fun and a bit of YouTube. I just leave it logged on to Fun and click the motorhome symbol up in the top left corner to refresh the page when I come back to it.

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
When I tried downloading the app a second time it did that to me as well. So I deleted the app again but this time rebooting the device before downloading again. This then worked and I got the free subscription. But this was on an Android device but worth trying on yours
I thought we couldn’t get it until Sunday?

Sep 14, 2018
South East Kent
Funster No
MH
fiat ducato compass drift
Exp
Looking forward, make it nice and early on the Sunday as will accompany a brew in bed with it (y)(y):LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back