MotorhomeFun is getting a glossy (Digital) Magazine (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Had to wait in a town car park on Wednesday to fight boredom I got a Mail and not having bought it for a couple of years I got a MMM, I nealy fell over when the cashier asked for over £5 in fact MMM cost me £4.75 and its just advertising and minimal content some of which was quite poor. the new online one should go down well

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Well, I think the very first issue should have a review of generators and feature it, full colour, on the front page. :gum:

Well it would be refreshing to see some MotorhomeFun material on this topic that was objective rather than the anti diatribe that we normally see on these pages. (y)

Ian

Reactions: Jim

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
About time,as well, should have let sian do it, would be about the 4th anniversary now, :whistle::whistle::whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
Had another thought prompted by my catching up on the news this morning on-line. One of the really good things I find about MF is the immediacy - a specific area you want to look up or see what might be of interest in new items being posted and to be a able to add some comment if you thought it was appropriate. I subscribe to The Times, (which will get loads of comments), however the basis of the way it works on-line provides an intuitive way of trawling though the various pieces with a snippet of info - click and you are onto the full piece and scroll down and you can see if others have commented as well as being able to comment yourself.
It also is broken down into various sections of the newspaper like the 'weekend' magazine, sport etc.
I find it very quick and refreshing way of navigating your way through the news, comments and specific sections which does not look or work like a traditional magazine that are rigid and in the main quite dull. They also dictate the flow rather than put the content in the control of the reader. Anyhow just a thought and other newspaper brands might also be appropriate but I like the way this one works!

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
tumblr_my3k2zIpJd1s30s70o1_1280.jpg

How many of @ShiftZZ closer friends got his selfie Christmas Card? That would be good in the Christmas issue!

Nice shade of red just like the colour of the 6N and Grand Slam Winners 2019.

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Had another thought prompted by my catching up on the news this morning on-line. One of the really good things I find about MF is the immediacy

I agree. No Motorhome magazine can really compete with Motorhomefun especially when it comes to peer to peer information and the immediacy of it. No Funster who is a regular here will see new 'news' in our mag. They will have read about it here first. When the traditional magazines highlight an issue you'll often find that we discussed it two months ago. The very best magazines are now apps that behave like slick mini web sites, just like the Times App. (y)

Jul 24, 2014
North cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Peugeot Boxer Symbol Auto
Exp
since 2010
Great news, knock MMM into touch, nearly a fiver to read a shed load of adverts, the only contribution I could make is 'how to avoid the vet's! :D

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
Sorry if this is a duplicate but an article on generic alarms trackers and immobilisers would be good . Pros and cons and then specific reviews

RomaHoma

Free Member
Mar 29, 2019
Norwich
Funster No
MH
A Class MH on Order
Exp
Newbie - previously caravanners.
Great news, just joined Funsters! (yesterday!) and already more good things to look forward to with the launch of this new eMag - Certainly looks like we joined the right MH Club! We like to read/view as much on MH's we can before we take delivery of our own new MH (on order) delivery either later this year or early next). I am sure this mag will be another very helpful aid to us so looking forward to seeing her in all her glory!

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
Great news, just joined Funsters! (yesterday!) and already more good things to look forward to with the launch of this new eMag - Certainly looks like we joined the right MH Club! We like to read/view as much on MH's we can before we take delivery of our own new MH (on order) delivery either later this year or early next). I am sure this mag will be another very helpful aid to us so looking forward to seeing her in all her glory!
And should you post in the newbies section or chat section, which motorhome you purchased and what you intend to use it for you will get loads of advice, guidance and banter of which some will actually be useful.
Try going to the search engine in the top right and put in there the make of your motorhome to start with then read the threads that pop up.
If you are thinking of going somewhere, with the exception of Coventry, there may be some good info as well.

Welcome aboard,

Nov 9, 2012
Paignton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1995
Very much looking forward to it. It will probably be the ONLY unbiased Motorhome magazine in the UK.

John

May 13, 2016
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
eight years in theory, a newby in practice!!!
Sounds like a great idea Jim and I wish you all the best with it. I personally don't have a smart phone or tablet and have no plans to purchase either. I subscribed to an online site called www.goreadly.com which allowed us as a family to read several thousand digital mags every month, not only the current month but every edition going back 4 years or more. This cost me £7.99 a month. I have a number of interests including MH, fishing, photography, fishkeeping to name a few. My wife has several interests not to mention womens interest stuff like Hello etc. Between us we must dip in and out of 30 odd mags every month including a number of MH and campervan mags.
I have a subscription to MMM mag which unlike digital magazines I read cover to cover over the space of a month, (not because the content is better) I have NEVER read a digital mag from cover to cover as I find them tedious and tiring.

Interestingly I received an email from goreadly.com saying that they had spent a small fortune developing their smart phone and tablet platforms and were going to discontinue the service to PCs and laptops. I wrote to ask them to cancel my sub to their service as I had no need or intention of purchasing a smartphone or tablet.
Three months later I got an email from them saying that due to the response from customers they are not going to scrap their service to PC customers, I was delighted so I re-subscribed. The PC software is a bit clunky to be honest, but as I said, I only pick and choose what really interests me. It may be worth a look, you can subscribe for £0.99 for the first month then £7.99 a month thereafter and you can cancel at any time.
This is my personal experience of digital mags, I hope that you find something useful in it(y)

Dognewf

Free Member
Nov 4, 2015
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
lunar newstar
Exp
1 whole year now
i will look forward to it. will there be a letters page or mini articles that we can send in.

The Welsh Wizard

Free Member
Jul 24, 2018
South Wales
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2016
I wish you every success. I like reading site reviews so hopefully there’ll be a section on this .
Thanks for the efforts being made

swiftsteve

LIFE MEMBER
May 16, 2018
kent
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral S 680 ST
Exp
Since 2008, with a gap between 2013 and 2018.
Great, I love a magazine, especially the letters page and a competition section maybe. I've never won anything in the other mags, but no harm in trying :)

grumps147

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
St.Helens
Funster No
MH
Between
Exp
MH 12 yrs -Tent/Caravan 49 years
Can I do a review of the various types of rubber gloves used when emptying toilets please Jim?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I just downloaded our first draft mag from the App stores to check out the beta build of the App and how the stories look on it. Oooh I got all excited, its looking and working really well. :D

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Are there going to be any Funster "page 3's" ?:cool:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
:Eeek:

Couldn't be doing with 'equal opportunity' pictures nowadays ... some 'male' funsters well ... no ... no ... just .... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
We could have page 3 ...with Funsters Boobs....stories of what went wrong and how to fix it ...a useful section for newbies...
I think @Minxy Girl should run a Gadgets page with competitions to win some new "bits"....
A competitions page could include how much popcorn can you fit in a smart car ..how much popcorn can you fit in a cassette...who can find their boiler dump valve and empty the quickest...who has visited the most CMH Club sites without complaining (y)

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
Be good to have a travel finance tips and experience section

detailing what people share about their travel costs to the benefits of ASCI etc

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Are we going to have a "best action shot of the month"; something like this.:whistle:....:D:D

PCUPUFIs.png

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We could have page 3 ...with Funsters Boobs....stories of what went wrong and how to fix it ...a useful section for newbies...
I think @Minxy Girl should run a Gadgets page with competitions to win some new "bits"....
A competitions page could include how much popcorn can you fit in a smart car ..how much popcorn can you fit in a cassette...who can find their boiler dump valve and empty the quickest...who has visited the most CMH Club sites without complaining (y)
Whilst I appreciate your mentioning me there are many other funsters who are probably more qualified than me regarding gadgets ... @Wombles to name but one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back