Motorhome Consumer Association MCA (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Audley End house & gardens near Saffron Walden, is English Heritage, but have a large overflow car-park which allows Motorhomes,
Can this one be included ??
Thanks
Joe
You had 2 threads open at the same time and replied to the wrong one didn't you! 😄 We've all done it! :giggle:

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
A good idea Jim are you thinking along the lines of the NZMCA? which does a great deal for its members most notably lobbying to provide 'aires' , public dump stations and the 'self contained vehicle' scheme. You mention it in the text but I dont really see it in the bold bits.

I would disagree with Sandancers because I think one of the problems in this country is that Caravans and motorhomes are seen as pretty much the same thing so why do MH's need anything different. I've had both over the years and the holidays I have in my MH are very different(and much prefereable) to the ones that I used to have in the caravans.

Oct 25, 2016
Hartford Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 79-
Exp
Lots but slow learner.
Going to have a go at registering, don't hold up much hope as my fingers don't work on these keys.
Great idea BTW.

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
A good idea Jim are you thinking along the lines of the NZMCA? which does a great deal for its members most notably lobbying to provide 'aires' , public dump stations and the 'self contained vehicle' scheme. You mention it in the text but I dont really see it in the bold bits.

I would disagree with Sandancers because I think one of the problems in this country is that Caravans and motorhomes are seen as pretty much the same thing so why do MH's need anything different. I've had both over the years and the holidays I have in my MH are very different(and much prefereable) to the ones that I used to have in the caravans.
Very good point. I think the Caravan and Motorhome Club for example look on Motorhomes as motorised caravans.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Very good point. I think the Caravan and Motorhome Club for example look on Motorhomes as motorised caravans.
I think the Caravan Club are trying their utmost to make sure that MHers are compelled to use sites, this is in their interest afterall. I have previously tried a bit of lobbying with National Trust and Visit Britain who both then consulted the caravan club who of course bombed it.

A great irony is that the NZMCA have a partnership with CC and I really don't see what they have in common other than political clout.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mad dog

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2019
South West
Funster No
MH
Rapido Dreamer PVC
Exp
In 18 months of owning a mh I've never heard of them till now. When Mortehoe / Woolacombe was on the news last week, trying to ban motorhomes from parking on the roadside it was CAMPRA that were speaking out.

If anyone hasn't heard of them, it's the Campaign For Real Aires. Something like 17k members/followers in 18 months & the work that group is doing is quite extraordinary. Literally anyone can help by trying to think of places that could become aires & asking the owner if they'd consider it.

I'm not knocking the MCA, but I'd seriously look at trying to help this group.

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt C Class
Exp
Since 2015
Tried to register but failed as it kept telling me I had failed to compete the CAPTCHA section. There is no CAPTCHA section to complete?

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Tried to register but failed as it kept telling me I had failed to compete the CAPTCHA section. There is no CAPTCHA section to complete?

It means you did not answer the anti robot question correctly
Untitled-4.jpg

Mar 30, 2019
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Dethleffs
Exp
As many of you know, I have always avoided any kind of campaigning here. Always wanting to keep it light-hearted Fun. I’ve never been interested in taking dealers or makers to task. In fact, it’s only in the last couple of years we’ve actually allowed negative reviews on the site and they have to be kept in the reviews section.

With the rise of van life I can see my traditional motorhoming taking a different slant, we will need more Carparks, CLs Aires, Pub stops and fewer height barriers. This takes concerted campaigning.

The NCC do a fantastic job of looking after dealer interests, but no one is batting for the Motorhome Consumer who is often alone and unadvised making the 2nd or even 1st largest purchase of their life and then with too many of those finding out they’ve bought a lemon.

I foresee
  • An Association that does all it can to promote motorhomes and their responsible use
  • An Association that is Not For Profit and Free to join
  • One that offers advice to consumers before and after purchase
  • An Association that will go into ‘battle’ for its members’ consumer rights
  • An Association that awards the best dealers and makers plaudits and holds poorer providers to account
  • One that builds an MCA approved list of dealers and fitters who have shown that members can trust them. (I’m hoping that this will eventually defray the operating costs.)
I’ve not outlined the articles of association yet, but we’ll need several committed members to agree what we need to be doing and where the efforts and attentions should be directed.

This week I’ve been building a website and forum for the association, that is still a work in progress, but if you are interested in membership, you can register there.

If you are interested in doing some work for the benefit of motorhome owners, then please register and we can work out a strategy. To have any clout at all it will need a few thousand members. This could be the start of something for the good and benefit of us all, Or maybe I'll close it in a month for lack of interest. Over to you...https://www.theMCA.co.uk
Well done Jim. Registered!

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Audley End house & gardens near Saffron Walden, is English Heritage, but have a large overflow car-park which allows Motorhomes,
Can this one be included ??
Thanks
Joe
Is there still aircraft operating out of Audley End ?

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
A really good (needed IMO) start to something I hope becomes a great help to all of us. Joined of course.

Thanks Jim

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
Hi
As the saying goes 'bin there done that' or something like that.

As others have said no email, have checked spam folder, but it shows me as signed in and as a member on line so prob's.

I did notice the 'Join us Today' Box on the home page does not work.

Mike

Jul 7, 2020
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano
Exp
Since 2005
Hi, makes good sense. Count me in.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun