Motorhome Consumer Association MCA (1 Viewer)

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Just a question Jim.

Is there a similar organisation for caravaners ?

I'd suspect they might have similar concerns as Motorhomers ?

If there is no similar organisation would it be of benefit to extent the remit of the new organisation to include caravaners ? That way, you'd get a much bigger membership with the added clout that would bring.

Oct 14, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago C-line I4.9
Exp
Since 2018
I was under the impression that the confirmation e-mail would be immediate but still nothing yet.
I have been able to add to my account but still 'insufficient privileges to post'

You can see why I don't post very often:LOL:. Will get used to these computers eventually
My confirmation email ended up in my Spam folder - have a look there and whitelist the senders domain so you get them in the future.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ManTheVan

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 11, 2020
South Devon, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido C class
Exp
Yottie convert
As many of you know, I have always avoided any kind of campaigning here. Always wanting to keep it light-hearted Fun. I’ve never been interested in taking dealers or makers to task. In fact, it’s only in the last couple of years we’ve actually allowed negative reviews on the site and they have to be kept in the reviews section.

With the rise of van life I can see my traditional motorhoming taking a different slant, we will need more Carparks, CLs Aires, Pub stops and fewer height barriers. This takes concerted campaigning.

The NCC do a fantastic job of looking after dealer interests, but no one is batting for the Motorhome Consumer who is often alone and unadvised making the 2nd or even 1st largest purchase of their life and then with too many of those finding out they’ve bought a lemon.

I foresee
  • An Association that does all it can to promote motorhomes and their responsible use
  • An Association that is Not For Profit and Free to join
  • One that offers advice to consumers before and after purchase
  • An Association that will go into ‘battle’ for its members’ consumer rights
  • An Association that awards the best dealers and makers plaudits and holds poorer providers to account
  • One that builds an MCA approved list of dealers and fitters who have shown that members can trust them. (I’m hoping that this will eventually defray the operating costs.)
I’ve not outlined the articles of association yet, but we’ll need several committed members to agree what we need to be doing and where the efforts and attentions should be directed.

This week I’ve been building a website and forum for the association, that is still a work in progress, but if you are interested in membership, you can register there.

If you are interested in doing some work for the benefit of motorhome owners, then please register and we can work out a strategy. To have any clout at all it will need a few thousand members. This could be the start of something for the good and benefit of us all, Or maybe I'll close it in a month for lack of interest. Over to you...https://www.theMCA.co.uk
Joined, but it seems MHF already fulfils nearly all of the aims, apart from being free to join. Good idea though (y)

Jun 11, 2011
Derby
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840 SE
Exp
Just registered, great idea.
Got suckered into looking at Jim's first reserved post just like most people. Nothing to see here folks :giggle:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Joined (y)

Alfie159

Free Member
Mar 11, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640 2019
Exp
I love this idea! Huge well done fo championing

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
👍joined

Jul 26, 2007
Uxbridge
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Since the early 90s
Had a look at the website and managed make a post so I now appear to be registered.
Still can't find that registration e-mail, even after checking spam etc, but thank to everyone who helped(y)

DaveT

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I'm in ... same name as here.

Feb 12, 2018
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 600SL
Exp
Since 2017
Great idea Jim and have joined. Mention has already been made of the MCA being the Maritime and Coastguard Agency and I wondered if there might be some (probably unlikely) infringement of the “Consumers Association” long established title (AKA “Which?”).

May 17, 2015
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey Alliance SE
Exp
I am a Newbie
Will a link to each web site be placed on both headers so we can easily switch between the two sites ? ( Does this question make sense ? Well I know what I mean ! ) 😯 😉

Nov 6, 2016
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Chieftain
Exp
Since 2015
Audley End house & gardens near Saffron Walden, is English Heritage, but have a large overflow car-park which allows Motorhomes,
Can this one be included ??
Thanks
Joe

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back