Motorhome Consumer Association MCA (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2016
Basingstoke
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We are in 👍 having more time on our hands, and looking forward to doing more after lockdown.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 5, 2017
York, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 745
Exp
Almost approaching average
We’re in too. Good idea and laudable effort Jim. There is a whole big landscape out there and it’s ripe for some changes and influencing.

Jan 13, 2014
Leeds - Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
40+
This week I’ve been building a website and forum for the association, that is still a work in progress, but if you are interested in membership, you can register there.

If you are interested in doing some work for the benefit of motorhome owners, then please register and we can work out a strategy.
Lots of folk posting questions about what needs doing and asking how it’s possible, l note that Jim did ask for people to come forward and get involved.

Feb 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Burford
Exp
I’ve signed up, I wish you had been around four years ago when I was ripped off by a rogue trader and ignored by Trading Standards.

Hammie

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 21, 2014
Funster No
MH
Neismann & Bischoff Arto
Exp
newbie/2015
Registered. Thanks Jim.

Jan 7, 2018
Kent
Funster No
MH
Hymer S650 A Class
Exp
Since 2013
As many of you know, I have always avoided any kind of campaigning here. Always wanting to keep it light-hearted Fun. I’ve never been interested in taking dealers or makers to task. In fact, it’s only in the last couple of years we’ve actually allowed negative reviews on the site and they have to be kept in the reviews section.

With the rise of van life I can see my traditional motorhoming taking a different slant, we will need more Carparks, CLs Aires, Pub stops and fewer height barriers. This takes concerted campaigning.

The NCC do a fantastic job of looking after dealer interests, but no one is batting for the Motorhome Consumer who is often alone and unadvised making the 2nd or even 1st largest purchase of their life and then with too many of those finding out they’ve bought a lemon.

I foresee
  • An Association that does all it can to promote motorhomes and their responsible use
  • An Association that is Not For Profit and Free to join
  • One that offers advice to consumers before and after purchase
  • An Association that will go into ‘battle’ for its members’ consumer rights
  • An Association that awards the best dealers and makers plaudits and holds poorer providers to account
  • One that builds an MCA approved list of dealers and fitters who have shown that members can trust them. (I’m hoping that this will eventually defray the operating costs.)
I’ve not outlined the articles of association yet, but we’ll need several committed members to agree what we need to be doing and where the efforts and attentions should be directed.

This week I’ve been building a website and forum for the association, that is still a work in progress, but if you are interested in membership, you can register there.

If you are interested in doing some work for the benefit of motorhome owners, then please register and we can work out a strategy. To have any clout at all it will need a few thousand members. This could be the start of something for the good and benefit of us all, Or maybe I'll close it in a month for lack of interest. Over to you...https://www.theMCA.co.uk

Mar 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2018
Joined. Davie

May 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T66
Exp
Since 2014
Glad to be able to support such a positive venture.

Anjistar

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2020
South West
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
2 months in 2017, continually since October 2020
I'm in. Being a relative newbie to the MH game, I don't think I can contribute much other than support. MHF and my van-specific Facebook group have been my bibles through the early stages, so much help out there. And drawing resources together in one place, along with educating the general public on what responsible MH owners look like, is all good.

125BEER

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 5, 2018
PLYMOUTH
Funster No
MH
BENIMAR MILEO 282
Exp
Since 09 2018
We could all help by firstly contacting our local councillor and asking him/her "what plans have the council got with respect to Motorhomes"
It would be a start and considering the amount of members on this forum it would create a debate/communication across UK.
Even if only 1 council engaged with MH users that would be a good thing.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Registered as vipar. Thanks Jim the little guys champion 👍🏼👍🏼😂

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun