MotoGP News (2 Viewers)

Jan 23, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Having seen more of what Vinales did, holding the bike at full revs over four laps, as well as in the pit lane.
I think his apologies are too late and a bit meaningless considering his actions.
His talent isn’t up to Quartararo’s and he can’t cope with it.
Listening to the various comments and context yesterday, I did wonder whether Vinales might need some rest and help. It seems last weekend’s incident, whilst the most severe, isn’t the only time he has exhibited signs he is perhaps struggling with the pressure. Whilst I’m sure no one condones his actions, I hope he gets help and support.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
I've managed to get tickets for the San Marino MotoGP. They're only allowing 23000 fans into the circuit and it was £350 for the three days, but as I've been there three times before and loved it. I'll be going through to Tavullia (where Rossi is from) and I'm sure it'll be a great party atmosphere, but I do hope that a bit of social distancing will be observed.

Riding over on the bike has been ditched and I'm going to fly over. It would have been an epic trip from Aberdeen, but riding through multiple countries on my own for that distance is probably not the best ideas just now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
1629108432205.png

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
We saw Rossi at Misano 3 years ago, sat in the Rossi area all yellow, we were given yellow flags to wave, Had a brilliant weekend. Did it as part of our trip to Italy in our first motorhome and first trip abroad in a Moho.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
It amazes me how the entry fees vary from country to country. When I went to the Catalunya MotoGP at Barcelona I paid 27 euros for a three day general area pass.
TheTwoOfUs Its grandstand only, hence the high price. I much prefer general admission Friday and Saturday, with a good grandstand on race day. Still, it'll be my first trip abroad in a good while and as it's Rossi's last year, it's the place to go to. I'm flying out a couple of days early to grab a bit of sun and cheap beer, to justify the trip a bit more.

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
We saw Rossi at Misano 3 years ago, sat in the Rossi area all yellow, we were given yellow flags to wave, Had a brilliant weekend. Did it as part of our trip to Italy in our first motorhome and first trip abroad in a Moho.
I was there in 2018 too. It's an awesome place. I'm staying in Cattolica, so not too far from the track. It seems to be the place to be as a lot of the teams stay there. The first time I went, I bumped in Steve Parrish in a bar. He was a very pleasant guy and quite happy to have a chat.

Where were you staying in the Moho?

Jan 31, 2016
Alness, Cromarty Firth
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 (2012)
Exp
I was there in 2018 too. It's an awesome place. I'm staying in Cattolica, so not too far from the track. It seems to be the place to be as a lot of the teams stay there. The first time I went, I bumped in Steve Parrish in a bar. He was a very pleasant guy and quite happy to have a chat.

Where were you staying in the Moho?
Yes at Camping Village Misano near beach. Booked online and when we got there, realised we'd been ripped off, was cheaper just to turn up and pay at gate. But we were pretty much novices at the motorhome game.
When you go, there is a tunnel under the rail lines, we went under and wife said we were lucky as we only had 10mm spare height :Eeek: :Eeek:

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
And the Petronas/Sepang Int. Racing Circuit team are to be disbanded. The Moto2 and Moto3 teams will disappear and the MotoGP team will have new owners/sponsors for next year.

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I wonder who’s going to stand in for the rest of the season?

I’m guessing it will be a series of different riders based on their other commitments and race locations.

I wonder if Franco Morbidelli’s sponsors and contracts would allow him to try the current spec machine when he returns……although a big ask whilst trying to return to fitness.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Jake Dixon to ride the Petronas Yamaha at Silverstone. I'm not sure if I heard correctly that Cal will be on the works Yamaha as well.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We did that in 2015, unfortunately not in the Rossi area but it was a great day.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Spoiler

Marquez has just thrown the bike down the road at Becketts at 170mph. Got up and walked away OK.
Cruthclow is only just over 1 second behind Marquez who is the fastest before the crash. Dixon was under 3 seconds off.
McPhee threw it away in the first session.

huck999

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Crewe, UK
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Trend
Just set up at silverstone woodlands campsite and all I can see is Rossi flags everywhere -

Rossi will be missed. I wonder how much the attendance figures will shrink after he retires?

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Just set up at silverstone woodlands campsite and all I can see is Rossi flags everywhere -

Rossi will be missed. I wonder how much the attendance figures will shrink after he retires?
Without being rude, there's loads of folk who think the racing is far more important than 1 person.

He was top rider, but I never bought into the hero worship.

Oct 21, 2017
Funster No
Without being rude, there's loads of folk who think the racing is far more important than 1 person.

He was top rider, but I never bought into the hero worship.
The racing is more important than one person but there is no denying the Rossi factor when it comes to crowd numbers and selling the sport.
Go into a pub and mention Marquez, most folk think he’s another Man City signing, mention Rossi and people think of MotoGP.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
The racing is more important than one person but there is no denying the Rossi factor when it comes to crowd numbers and selling the sport.
Go into a pub and mention Marquez, most folk think he’s another Man City signing, mention Rossi and people think of MotoGP.
Not here in Spain ;)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back