Enough to Survive
29B94E00-655E-43B8-9FF2-8888E371EE64.jpeg

Mar 8, 2021
Aberdeen, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessacarr E599
Exp
He was the face of MotoGP for many years and a true character. I agree, that it's been painful to watch some of the races and it is time to hang up the boots. He will be missed on the track though.

I was thinking of riding my motorbike to Misano next month to watch the race. There was still tickets last night. I went on tonight and it's sold out (it's a reduced numbers event). I suspect that after the announcement, everyone want's to go and see him at his home GP for the last time.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
It's been one season too many. I say that despite being a fan.
It would have been nice for VR to have ended his career on a high note
If he could have just got his 10th world title in 2015……that would have been enough for me.
Unfortunately the Marquez incident in sepang, forcing him to start at the back of the grid in Valencia put paid to that happy ending 😢

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
I would have taken the opportunity to retire after the race where the bikes flew past his head. I would have retired!

Click Watch on YouTube

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
MotoGP was in the doldrums
It held little interest to the masses until Rossi started his antics in the 250 class... Then when he went up a class so did MotoGP !
Perhaps he should have pulled the plug a couple of years ago, but I and many millions of fans round the world will be forever grateful for the amazing show of skill and race craft he brought to our screens
Even at his peak he was always approachable and never put on any airs and graces

I hope he has a long and enjoyable retirement and gets to grow old disgracefully !

Jul 28, 2018
Monmouthshire
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R
Exp
Was a campervanner, now a motohomer
I have followed Rossi all his career,one of the last characters. Nowadays they are all like machines.
have a long and happy retirement Vale,you deserve it!(y)
Well there’s Jack Miller? But I know what you mean👵🏼🤷🏻‍♀️

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
A bit of additional info;

Yamaha’s decision follows an in-depth analysis of telemetry and data over the last few days.
Yamaha’s conclusion is that the rider’s actions could have potentially caused significant damage to the engine of his YZR-M1 bike which could have caused serious risks to the rider himself and possibly posed a danger to all other riders in the MotoGP™ race. The rider will not be replaced at the Austrian GP.
Decisions regarding the future races will be taken after a more detailed analysis of the situation and further discussions between Yamaha and the rider.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
If he could have just got his 10th world title in 2015……that would have been enough for me.
Unfortunately the Marquez incident in sepang, forcing him to start at the back of the grid in Valencia put paid to that happy ending 😢
The race from 26th position, back of the grid, to end up 4th though was another stunning display of riding.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Just watched the video. Stalling it and starting from the pit lane, then getting a long lap penalty, being overtaken by Crutchlow on the Petronas bike. He just acted like knob, refusing to cross the finish line, going down pit lane and holding the throttle wide open twice, over revving the bike causing potential damage because he was narked.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Just watched the video. Stalling it and starting from the pit lane, then getting a long lap penalty, being overtaken by Crutchlow on the Petronas bike. He just acted like knob, refusing to cross the finish line, going down pit lane and holding the throttle wide open twice, over revving the bike causing potential damage because he was narked.
It's 100 certain that the rev limiter will save the engine from massive bang, but still could be expensive.

I often hold my new GSXR1000 on the limiter. Sounds ace.

Sep 28, 2015
Kingston upon Hull, East Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
2001 Caravans 2011 Motorhomes
Having seen more of what Vinales did, holding the bike at full revs over four laps, as well as in the pit lane.
I think his apologies are too late and a bit meaningless considering his actions.
His talent isn’t up to Quartararo’s and he can’t cope with it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back