Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Sunny isle of axholme
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu I500
Exp
Late 2018
Jack Miller signs 1 year deal with the factory Ducati team for 2021 with an option for 2022.

IMO one of the MotoGP ‘characters‘.......I’m please he‘s got himself a prominent ride, I hope it doesn’t make him corporate.
Who’s he replacing?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Are we having a sweepstake as to how many times he will off with his determined style? I will go for falling off in the first four laps if we ever get racing again ( Wish him no harm, they do tend to bounce a lot!)

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I
Who’s he replacing?
I don’t think they’ve announced the second rider yet, so It’s hard to say.

Unless Dovi moves on himself (I can’t see Ducati removing him)....It would look difficult for Petrucci.

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Are we having a sweepstake as to how many times he will off with his determined style? I will go for falling off in the first four laps if we ever get racing again ( Wish him no harm, they do tend to bounce a lot!)
Probably no more or less than he does on the Pramac Ducati he already rides.

Shaun929

Free Member
Sep 15, 2018
Sunny isle of axholme
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu I500
Exp
Late 2018
I

I don’t think they’ve announced the second rider yet, so It’s hard to say.

Unless Dovi moves on himself (I can’t see Ducati removing him)....It would look difficult for Petrucci.
I thought I read Dovi was asking for a large pay rise so maybe him.

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Baldeagle7470

CE47FC07-1202-4EC3-854A-D63B9C99DE7C.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Just had the email to say refunds will be given or move tickets to next year 🙁. I knew it was Expected but not missed a MotoGP round in England for last 20 years at least
i know, even when it’s on the cards....you just keep hoping, until it’s formally announced. 😢

I guess this way is better for fans than 2018 was 😭

To take a positive from it, if you take a 2021 ticket, you’ll avoid the price rise. 👍🏼

Last edited:

Phil 748

Free Member
May 21, 2019
Newark Notts
Funster No
MH
AS Nuevo ES 06
Exp
Hi not MOTO GP, but got tickets for Brands BSB in July so hopefully this will still go ahead everything crossed

The Coops

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 8, 2019
The Fylde
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact DL
Exp
Yes, thank you
Had all area access tickets for Assen in June,,,,,,,,,,cancelled:swear:

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
To take a positive from it, if you take a 2021 ticket, you’ll avoid the price rise. 👍🏼

I wouldn't bank on it, TBH. I have tickets for both the Spanish and Austrian F1 GPs and had planned to just carry the tickets over to next year. I bought the tickets back in November/December when they had a promotion and saved £100+ on the cost.

However, yesterday I received an email from Motorsport Tickets giving me a number of options of vouchers, change of race, swap out to 2021 or a refund minus service and delivery fees. The swap out option is tempered by the following:

'Swap out to 2021
We can provisionally hold the exact** same tickets for the 2021 event. We can then book on your behalf the moment the 2021 stock is issued and send you a confirmation. Interested? Please get in touch.

**Exact tickets, subject to availability. Any increases in 2021 pricing would be chargeable'

Worth a close read of your ticket provider's options, I think. I'm now of the mind that it might be better to go for the refund and take my chances on getting a promotional price when next year's tickets are released, as otherwise I can see a big chunk of extra cash being demanded when they book next year's tickets:(

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
Yes,looks more and more like no Moto Gp this year.I know Carmelo Espeleta keeps saying will get some GP’s even into November.The riders were knackered with last years schedule so can’t see it happening,they will also be ring rusty,whatever they are doing to keep fit it ain’t the same as wrestling one of those beasts around for 40 mins.
I did see the news about GB and Aus pop up on my Moto GP site yesterday.
They promoted their virtual GP show,I watched 10 mins of the first one and drove me nuts,guess it was zoom or something with 10 riders and all speaking at the same time and the delay of the commentary was awful.
Its just over €100 a year I think,betcha no refund as they always saying free that to watch and free this.
To be honest really enjoying YouTube old Irish Road racing,some great vids of Barry Sheene days.etc.
Not like being there and getting grumpy now,so went out and bought that Kawasaki yesterday,picking it uMonday,happy days.
3B877D2C-02F3-499E-9648-CDCC5A8AC0B2.jpeg

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
I wasn't looking for your opinion on F1 - it was just a heads-up on the ticket pricing issue.

I follow both.....🙂
Nor was I asking for your off topic post about F1 tickets In a thread about MotoGP News.

However I see your point about buying cheep tickets and then being charged at the normal rate for next years equivalent ticket.
In scenario that I would be asking for a refund too.

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Yes,looks more and more like no Moto Gp this year.I know Carmelo Espeleta keeps saying will get some GP’s even into November.The riders were knackered with last years schedule so can’t see it happening,they will also be ring rusty,whatever they are doing to keep fit it ain’t the same as wrestling one of those beasts around for 40 mins.
I think if they do run any rounds it will just be a token gesture to pacify their commitments to sponsors Etc. and you would think that the teams would just be using it for extended testing and data gathering.

Fingers crossed still tho 🤞🏻

Apr 28, 2013
Alentejo,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since the '80,s
I think if they do run any rounds it will just be a token gesture to pacify their commitments to sponsors Etc. and you would think that the teams would just be using it for extended testing and data gathering.

Fingers crossed still tho 🤞🏻

When I listened to the discussions on the MotoGP site shortly after lockdown they said IF any racing they would reduce the number of officials,teams and media to 1300. o_O
To me still a logistical nightmare getting them all to a circuit,maybe quarantined.Feeding them all,truck and transporter movements.
Think you are right,if anything a bit of late testing,Spain probably at a guess around the normal Valencia time.
Like you still living in hope,last time I missed anything like this was when the TT was cancelled when think it was foot and mouth,years ago.

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
Nor was I asking for your off topic post about F1 tickets In a thread about MotoGP News.

Hardly off-topic as the ticket providers cater for both disciplines but, hey-ho....

Sorry to have offended your sensibilities ;)

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
We have tickets for Misano 12th September is this still on ????

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Busman

The current plan (27th May) is for Misano to happen on the 13th September, but behind closed doors with no fans. 😢

Also taken from visordown.com

Dorna is expected to reveal a fresh provisional calendar in the coming days, which is set to begin with two back-to-back weekend events at Jerez before moving on to Austria.

After the Spanish government threw the weight of support behind restarting MotoGP, it is expected many of the mid-summer events will take place in the nation before potentially moving overseas.

OP
OP
XxAnthxX
Aug 4, 2019
North East Riviera
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Enough to Survive
Three-time MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo won't get a wildcard return with Yamaha in 2020, as wildcard entries have been outlawed for this year.

Lorenzo was due to make his first grand prix appearance since announcing his retirement at the end of last year in the Catalan Grand Prix for Yamaha, originally scheduled for June, before the race was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Yamaha test rider's home race was the only race he had been entered into at that point, leaving the door open for future appearances later in the season.

However, with MotoGP organisers Dorna Sports attempting to get a shortened 2020 campaign underway in July at Jerez with a reduced amount of paddock personnel - while also keeping costs down - wildcard entries have been banned for this season.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back