Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Would like to say thank you to Dave and Pats warm welcome and looking after us whilst we were at Reil... we had a ball!

A very peaceful and restful place along with stunning scenery and great neighbours

Also with Swen And Ursela keeping us well fed and plied with cold beverages at the Ibiss you can't beat it
We will certainly look forward to next year's do

Great meeting old and meeting new funsters too

We arrived at Cite Europe about 6pm
Missed meeting chaser guess he was back in shopping.. but met up with Taran Las

Dogs at vets mid morning n tunnel booked for tomorrow..and replacement rally marshals at Norfolk show now arranged

Can't wait to meet up again with the funsters

Again Dave n Pat thank you xx

Safe journey to you both and we hope to meet up with you dahn south this winter. Just got back from Globus, replenishing essential supplies. Steff and his wife returned this morning, all went well with there control. Its another scorcher today, and its Svens day off, so am grateful to John for my fridge fan kit.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
It’s been a bloody hot one today it must be nearly 5 o’clock somewhere it’s time for a cold one
2EB9E7E2-5473-46EC-A9AD-5B2A7719D5AC.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
We are headed towards the Mosel, is the rolling meet still rolling ? And if so where ?
Love to catch up with some funsters after a mental wedding last weekend in Poland.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We are headed towards the Mosel, is the rolling meet still rolling ? And if so where ?
Love to catch up with some funsters after a mental wedding last weekend in Poland.

There are a couple of us in Reil and I suppose there are others wandering around up and down river.

Dec 28, 2015
lake district
Funster No
MH
low profile mh
Exp
Since 2015
I think its time this thread was reported and closed down
It is just encouraging people that should be in France to travel over the border
Also I'm no heading for Germany till September and would prefer not to know others are out there enjoying themselves. Not reading the thread is not an option if its available:frowny:
Likely to hit the Mosel at some point then though.
On the plus side I have just twelve work days left before retirement mid July :dance2:
Yes I agree! We can’t come this year cos we have to go to Australia (Shame init) so close it down cis we are jealous ;);)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
View attachment 319332We arrived at the gorgeous village of Reil yesterday, any Stelplatz where you can watch the grapes growing together with Rasta boats is just fine by us.
It didn’t take long to find Snowbird, who loves this place and we can see why.View attachment 319332

Looks like you find the wine pretty agreeable.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It’s a bit expensive at €1.95 a bottle but Lynne said I’m worth it lol
View attachment 319668

I went up to Zell this morning in the toad to stock up with liquids as am nipping home for a few days tomorrow. Its so handy here, I can drive home in the toad in a good day, have a few days RnR, and back out fully refreshed. The problem is, keeping the family topped up with plonk every time I nip home.

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
I went up to Zell this morning in the toad to stock up with liquids as am nipping home for a few days tomorrow. Its so handy here, I can drive home in the toad in a good day, have a few days RnR, and back out fully refreshed. The problem is, keeping the family topped up with plonk every time I nip home.

Have a safe trip we will catch up with you both when you get back.

It’s to hot to do anything today we are sat under a tree drinking wine lol ..... you do that most days I hear you say lol
61A33BEE-2FDA-463F-A9D4-324E22EA3B0B.jpeg

Last edited:

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Stay cool guys where ever you are on the Mosel it’s hot .
I’ve nearly ran out of cold beers no need to worry because I sent Lynne to the shop to get more. LoL

Oct 17, 2012
banks
Funster No
MH
mercedes vario youngs con
Exp
I stopped there last monday and left wednesday lovely place but no sign of a party or any funstsers there was three dutch gypsy campers making a mes there though but still enjoyed it

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Our trip to the Mosel (and beyond?) is less than a fortnight away now (crossing 19th to the Hook).

We might well start at Reil, after a visit to Globus. That way we can pick a few brains (as long as they aren't too pickled!) before moving on. Apart from a wine fair or two, we fancy going to Burg Eltz and read a recommendation for Beilstein (no stellplatz but there is one across the river). Anyone visited either of these?

Is the 'meet' still rolling? Is it generally easy to find a space at the stellplatz sites? We can do our best to arrive by lunchtime if they regularly get busy.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
We are thinking of going at the end of October, will all the Stellplatz still be open then?

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Our trip to the Mosel (and beyond?) is less than a fortnight away now (crossing 19th to the Hook).

We might well start at Reil, after a visit to Globus. That way we can pick a few brains (as long as they aren't too pickled!) before moving on. Apart from a wine fair or two, we fancy going to Burg Eltz and read a recommendation for Beilstein (no stellplatz but there is one across the river). Anyone visited either of these?

Is the 'meet' still rolling? Is it generally easy to find a space at the stellplatz sites? We can do our best to arrive by lunchtime if they regularly get busy.

We’ve just spent a couple of nights on Mosel .. no issues with finding river front spaces on Stellplatz. Arrived 4pm one day 3pm the other but would still have got on arriving later.
Visited Cochem. Beilstein stunning. Stayed Eller (no facilities but lovely). Last night at Minnheim. Photo of Eller ..
F066C56E-9344-4D78-B36F-E9F0461AFA99.jpeg
CAAA205E-91E4-471C-AC51-14B5F6475138.jpeg

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000

We will still be dug in at Reil until around the 25 August. This coming weekend is the overland meet at Enkirch and the following weekend is the winfest at Reil. It does seem to have been an unusually quiet summer and I presume all the Hermans have been taking advantage of the sterling exchange rate, and have all descended on the UK to spend there Emus, leaving the Mosel to us poor Brits.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp

Burg Eltz well worth a visit.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
We will still be dug in at Reil until around the 25 August
I expect we might be there on the 20th or perhaps the 21st. I realised we'd just miss the wine festival there but we can't really leave home any earlier. I think there are still a few to take in.

Not seen too many Germans on the roads here. We use the A120 quite a bit and that's a popular route to and from Harwich at certain times of the day. The A1 had some foreign cars last weekend but I reckon I saw more French than any other nationality, though. There was one mad German caravanner who overtook us swaying from side to side and almost lane to lane but that's the only one I remember.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We will still be dug in at Reil until around the 25 August.
We should just make it providing we don't get sidetracked. Heading over on the 18th having a couple of weeks around the Mosel area before going to Caravan Salon.

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
We will still be dug in at Reil until around the 25 August. This coming weekend is the overland meet at Enkirch and the following weekend is the winfest at Reil. It does seem to have been an unusually quiet summer and I presume all the Hermans have been taking advantage of the sterling exchange rate, and have all descended on the UK to spend there Emus, leaving the Mosel to us poor Brits.
Willystreffen Overland meet is Freitag 30. August bis
Sonntag 1. September 2019

56850 Enkirch an der Mosel :)

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I expect we might be there on the 20th or perhaps the 21st. I realised we'd just miss the wine festival there but we can't really leave home any earlier. I think there are still a few to take in.

Not seen too many Germans on the roads here. We use the A120 quite a bit and that's a popular route to and from Harwich at certain times of the day. The A1 had some foreign cars last weekend but I reckon I saw more French than any other nationality, though. There was one mad German caravanner who overtook us swaying from side to side and almost lane to lane but that's the only one I remember.
When we came home from France last month I would say 70% of the vehicles on the ferry were foreign with a good percentage being German, at exchange rate of near 1-1 whats not to like for them before Boris builds the wall and pulls up the drawbridge

Jan 8, 2014
Emsworth
Funster No
MH
Bailey 740
Exp
Safe journey to you both and we hope to meet up with you dahn south this winter. Just got back from Globus, replenishing essential supplies. Steff and his wife returned this morning, all went well with there control. Its another scorcher today, and its Svens day off, so am grateful to John for my fridge fan kit.
Hello mate, just wondering how long your staying in Germany,. we are probably heading for Trier on September 15th

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back