Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We’re currently at Pont-a-Mousson and should make it to Reil tomorrow probably about 1pm. What will availability likely be then?

Cheers
Ian

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Loads of space here at Reil.
After the weekend quite a few have left. Even over the weekend there was lots of room.

Richard.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JohnT UK

Free Member
Mar 1, 2015
FoD
Funster No
MH
Elddis 165
Exp
since 2014
back in the UK now but it was nice meeting up with you guys 2 weeks ago

John and Lynne

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I can report that the weather is much more bearable here in Reil today. The sun is still shinning but there is a nice breeze. Still a few pitches left for those thinking of joining us. champers, Cath and John arrived from there trip up in Scandinavia on Saturday night and I have only just recovered from an overdose of Johns JD.
As its Svens day off at the little bar I am thinking of taking a walk into the village tonight to taste some of the local hooch, if anyone would be stupid enough to join us they would be most welcome.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
Yay I am back on. Thanks for your help champers :love:

We are currently at Brauneberg Stellplatz (€10 incl elec and services) which is very pleasant and is next to a nice restaurant where we had a very pleasant lunch on their balcony. What a difference a drop in degrees makes!

Hoping head to Reil tomorrow :)

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Hi Snowbird I can see two campsites for Reil on Google Maps, which one are you on?
I can see one listed as Wohnmobilstellplatz Reil Mosel, and another one over the other side bit further up called Campingplatz Mosseland which appears to be slightly bigger.

We will hopefully be coming over last week in July, but by the sound of things I might have to fit my internal & external Fridge fans before coming.

Still planning route down,from Tunnel,might take good advice and head down the side of France, cut over into Luxemburg, then start from Trier downwards to Reil, want to show Bernkastel -Kues & Neumagen- Dhron to TinaL, as a friend owns a house there, and "English Tom" runs the hotel with his wife. There is a campercar site also at Neumagen, looked like Hermans were there for the whole summer when I visited many years back. ( I never even dreamt that I would own a MH in those days):D

Les

Have fun everyone, anyone traveling home, dont be too concerned about the weather its lovely here in Surrey, got the hosepipe out to keep the shrubs and grass alive.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Snowbird I can see two campsites for Reil on Google Maps, which one are you on?
I can see one listed as Wohnmobilstellplatz Reil Mosel, and another one over the other side bit further up called Campingplatz Mosseland which appears to be slightly bigger.

We will hopefully be coming over last week in July, but by the sound of things I might have to fit my internal & external Fridge fans before coming.

Still planning route down,from Tunnel,might take good advice and head down the side of France, cut over into Luxemburg, then start from Trier downwards to Reil, want to show Bernkastel -Kues & Neumagen- Dhron to TinaL, as a friend owns a house there, and "English Tom" runs the hotel with his wife. There is a campercar site also at Neumagen, looked like Hermans were there for the whole summer when I visited many years back. ( I never even dreamt that I would own a MH in those days):D

Les

Have fun everyone, anyone traveling home, dont be too concerned about the weather its lovely here in Surrey, got the hosepipe out to keep the shrubs and grass alive.

Les

Les

Its the wohnmobilplatz Reil. Its on the Moselstraser. Unfortunately for me spellchecker does not work for Herman names.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Thanks Snowbird
So its along The 53, over the bridge, then hard left to go under it along the moselstrasse, campsite on the right.
Save us a place hope to see you last week in July, all being well. (y)
Les & TinaL

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
I can report that the weather is much more bearable here in Reil today. The sun is still shinning but there is a nice breeze. Still a few pitches left for those thinking of joining us. champers, Cath and John arrived from there trip up in Scandinavia on Saturday night and I have only just recovered from an overdose of Johns JD.
As its Svens day off at the little bar I am thinking of taking a walk into the village tonight to taste some of the local hooch, if anyone would be stupid enough to join us they would be most welcome.

Arrived yesterday and yes the temperature is much nicer than it’s been of late.

Said Hi to Clarky and found Snowbird & champers and ventured out with the pair of them for some of the local ‘hooch’ and very nice it was too. Unfortunately couldn’t stay out too long as our St Jacque’s (scallops) were waiting to be cooked back at the van.

Hope your heads are all ok this morning.

Ian

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Arrived yesterday and yes the temperature is much nicer than it’s been of late.

Said Hi to Clarky and found Snowbird & champers and ventured out with the pair of them for some of the local ‘hooch’ and very nice it was too. Unfortunately couldn’t stay out too long as our St Jacque’s (scallops) were waiting to be cooked back at the van.

Hope your heads are all ok this morning.

Ian
When we left, early’ish, this morning there didn’t seem to be much sign of life at the Snowbird & champers camp. Think they might have been sleeping off hangovers. o_O :D

Thanks for initiating the ‘Rolling Meet’ Snowbird. It initiated our first return to Germany for something over 40 years. It was lovely to renew our memories of the Mosel from all those years ago.
Now back in France, just, and slowly wending our way home.

Richard

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Took a wee run out around Reil on the Grom this afternoon so here’s a few piccys.

I think Mr champers might be looking to make space in his MH garage for one!

Ian

Jul 29, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Chausson 530 Flash
Exp
Camping Caravanning and Motorhoming for 40yrs, last 2 Motorhoming
Can you not stay their until September?

Aug 11, 2018
Chichester , West Sussex.
Funster No
MH
Globe car Campscout.
Exp
Since 1990.
Hi Dave
Can't make Reil this year, thanks for the fun last year on our first Funsters rolling rally , please give our regards to all those attending.
Beer & chips under the brolly, good memories.
Happy traveling .

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Dave
Can't make Reil this year, thanks for the fun last year on our first Funsters rolling rally , please give our regards to all those attending.
Beer & chips under the brolly, good memories.
Happy traveling .

Thanks pal, you will be missed. We have moved a little higher up the hog this year since Champers arrived. Its now champers as an aperitif followed by boeuf bourguignon, washed down with Cote du Rhone, with strawberries soaked in cognac and fresh cream. I must watch out for the gout.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
For anyone in the area, Sven is doing one of his world famous, all you can eat BBQs today. These events are legendary and should not be missed. I wondered why the Stellplatz started to fill up this week, obviously the word had got out. No worries, table booked.

Ven

Aug 15, 2008
East Sussex and beyond
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2009
After spending a few days here in Reil (via Wintrich and Brauneberg) we can see the appeal - lovely outlook, good company and Sven’s bar just a stones throw away. Lovely to catch up with some and get to know others.

It was hot hot hot until today when we woke to the lovely sound of rain on the roof which was very welcome, the sun’s out again now but it’s a lot more pleasant and fresh than the last couple of weeks.
FC268273-6005-4E03-98C5-9E097008689D.jpeg
97926794-7941-424B-A29E-1E3592D8B351.jpeg
F4C2B48A-49CE-4055-ABD6-7CD406C40118.jpeg

We are moving on tomorrow to head to France and then Spain (at least that’s the plan at this minute). Thanks for the company champers Snowbird bigtwin :)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Toss a coin.

If you think it’s landed on the wrong side, you have your answer - simples! ?

Ian

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Gutted we missed the hog roast but the good news is all the warranty work is done we will be there Wednesday

Not sure where we will end up first we have to call into globus first for beer lol

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We had a lovely week at Reil where the temperatures were, thankfully, a lot lower than they’d been the previous week. It’s a spot that we’d definitely return to so thanks to Snowbird for publicising the merits of the place (and of his man servant Sven (from whom we enjoyed a few tasty meals (and one or two shandies)).

Lovely to meet a few other Funsters too, champers (who kindly educated me on matters porcelain ?), Ven, Peter & Elaine, Clarky and a poor chap (who couldn’t remember his forum name o_O) who’d suffered from a hit and run with another MH that left his NS mirror smashed and dangling by its wires (he made a good temporary repair on the Stellplatz).

Sorry we didn’t get the chance to say bye in person to Dave & Pat and Kath & John (you were either gadding about or still in your pit :giggler:).

Until next time, all the best

Ian (& Linda)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
We had a lovely week at Reil where the temperatures were, thankfully, a lot lower than they’d been the previous week. It’s a spot that we’d definitely return to so thanks to Snowbird for publicising the merits of the place (and of his man servant Sven (from whom we enjoyed a few tasty meals (and one or two shandies)).

Lovely to meet a few other Funsters too, champers (who kindly educated me on matters porcelain ?), Ven, Peter & Elaine, Clarky and a poor chap (who couldn’t remember his forum name o_O) who’d suffered from a hit and run with another MH that left his NS mirror smashed and dangling by its wires (he made a good temporary repair on the Stellplatz).

Sorry we didn’t get the chance to say bye in person to Dave & Pat and Kath & John (you were either gadding about or still in your pit :giggler:).

Until next time, all the best

Ian (& Linda)

Sorry we missed you, we were out early in the Snarty fetching emergency supplies from Luxembourg.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Ended up exploring Trier and Cochem then on to Vinkenhof near Valkenburg as we had tickets to see Andre Rui in Maastrich. Now in Ghent for a few days before heading back home. Thanks for the advice .
Mike

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Back in uk prior to going home. Our decision to miss out the stops along the river worked out very well, No disrespect to anyone we might have met. To us the way we did was great for us. We enjoyed ourselves and thats what counts

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
Would like to say thank you to Dave and Pats warm welcome and looking after us whilst we were at Reil... we had a ball!

A very peaceful and restful place along with stunning scenery and great neighbours

Also with Swen And Ursela keeping us well fed and plied with cold beverages at the Ibiss you can't beat it
We will certainly look forward to next year's do

Great meeting old and meeting new funsters too

We arrived at Cite Europe about 6pm
Missed meeting chaser guess he was back in shopping.. but met up with Taran Las

Dogs at vets mid morning n tunnel booked for tomorrow..and replacement rally marshals at Norfolk show now arranged

Can't wait to meet up again with the funsters

Again Dave n Pat thank you xx

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Would like to say thank you to Dave and Pats warm welcome and looking after us whilst we were at Reil... we had a ball!

A very peaceful and restful place along with stunning scenery and great neighbours

Also with Swen And Ursela keeping us well fed and plied with cold beverages at the Ibiss you can't beat it
We will certainly look forward to next year's do

Great meeting old and meeting new funsters too

We arrived at Cite Europe about 6pm
Missed meeting chaser guess he was back in shopping.. but met up with Taran Las

Dogs at vets mid morning n tunnel booked for tomorrow..and replacement rally marshals at Norfolk show now arranged

Can't wait to meet up again with the funsters

Again Dave n Pat thank you xx

Great catching up with you both again hope you have a great time back in the UK it’s another hot one here today
B1F54B6D-1BF1-4BBC-9843-0AAAE7BFE67F.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back