Rally Chat Mosel Rolling Meet 2019. (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Its getting that time of year again that the MH comes out of mothballs. After the unprecedented success of last summers Mosel meet I thought maybe we should try another. I am thinking of leaving home around the end of this month, beginning of next and trundling down to the south of France for a few weeks, then up to visit my semi tame professor in Geneva for a couple of days before leaving the van in Geneva and flying out to Istanbul at the beginning of June for 4 days to meet the outlaws. On return from Istanbul we will make our way up to Reil on the Mosel and potter around there until end of summer. Any of last years reprobates that are interested in wasting another summer know the score, jump on jump off whenever and wherever you like. Any new members that would like to make a complete fool of yourselves, you will not regret it, I promise. Last year we kept all postings on one thread and it seemed to work, people met old friends and new along the route and jumped on and off as it suited them, so maybe its best not to mend something that is not broken and keep it that way this year. We should be around Reil about the third week of June, so come and say hi. I intend to do some pottering around on one of my motorcycles whilst up there, so a bit of biker company would be appreciated.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hmm Very interesting (said in a Teutonic voice)

Especially as we will be travelling the Mosel at around that time
No motorbikes but we will be tootling around on our electric cycles

Count us in hopefully we will see you there

That would be good. We also carry cooks electric trike and my Dutch ebike. Just for backup ya know :).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
We had a great time there , Mosel / Reil .. wonder if Swen is still there ? We are hoping to meet up with you , Cook and some of the funsters at some stage of the meet ..
Give our regards to the " semi tame professor " when you see him , will he be visiting at Reil again I wonder ?
Kath x

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
A very timely thread for me. I’m planning on travelling to Germany with some funster friends early June and our intention is to spend the month ‘doing’ the Mosel. It is all dependent on the bloody B word as we haven’t had our dogs blood tested. We have however booked the tunnel for the 1st of June as le shuttle gave a guaranteed 100% refund if there was an issue re the pet passports.
Look forward to meeting up with some of you experienced travellers whilst on the road.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
We thoroughly enjoyed our saunter along the Mosel and a bit of the Rhine last year and meeting up with a few of the Funsters along the way.

We are booked for the tunnel crossing in mid June and depending on weather and what takes our fancy at the time, we will either turn left or right and if it's left we will more than likely head back over to the Mosel for a re-run of last years adventures.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Good timing, I read all 61 pages of last year’s thread yesterday! We’re dropping my son off in Dortmund (with friends so not sure what time we’ll get away) on 3rd August then thinking of meandering along the Moselle starting at Koblenz (unless weather’s dire in which case we’ll follow the sun). Any recommendations for a first stellplatz an hour or so from Dortmund that’s unlikely to fill up would be fab!

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
We are going over on the ferry late July are the stelplatz likely to rammed?

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
We are going over on the ferry late July are the stelplatz likely to rammed?

We found if you get there before noon you will be fine and if it’s full , go to the next one 10 mins up the road .

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Just put Reil into to searchforsites, never realised how many stellplatz there're. Going over on Monday the 22nd and the plan was to see which direction has the best weather, left, right or straight ahead.:)
So if the weather is favorable Mosel it is.

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Just put Reil into to searchforsites, never realised how many stellplatz there're. Going over on Monday the 22nd and the plan was to see which direction has the best weather, left, right or straight ahead.:)
So if the weather is favorable Mosel it is.

The Reil stellplatz is huge with good access. There is a bar/snackbar on site and the village with restaurants, small shop and wineries is a couple of minutes walk away. The Mosel cycle path runs through the stellplatz and it was 35 Euros per week including electric and wifi last summer. Good drop drainage for black and grey water for RVs. The river boat stops in the village for river trips up and down the river. There is a wide selection or eateries to suit most pockets, ranging from 15 Emus to 150 Emus. What more could anyone want ?.

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Getting the 14.00 ferry to Dunkirk so looking for a stop over around Gent-Brussels any recommends?

champers

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 9, 2009
Skegness, UK
Funster No
MH
Frankia i650 FD
Exp
Since March 09
The Reil stellplatz is huge with good access. There is a bar/snackbar on site and the village with restaurants, small shop and wineries is a couple of minutes walk away. The Mosel cycle path runs through the stellplatz and it was 35 Euros per week including electric and wifi last summer. Good drop drainage for black and grey water for RVs. The river boat stops in the village for river trips up and down the river. There is a wide selection or eateries to suit most pockets, ranging from 15 Emus to 150 Emus. What more could anyone want ?.

Dave there was also the ehu for charging electric bikes under the canopy i believe and toilets and a sink with cold water ... I enjoyed Swen's food ,and you lot let me think i stole his freezer ice wine bags lolol

Kath xx

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
We intended to join you last year but never got as far as Reil.
We made it to Mehring, intending to head towards Reil.
The weather started to cool down so we chickened out and made a dash south to the Med.

We hope to try again this year, probably May-June but nothing firm planned yet.
All depends on the ongoing alterations to our garden at home and when we can leave.

Richard.

Oct 24, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
a class I think
Exp
10 months
Should arrive in Trier on 26 June 2019 for saunter to Cochem. Have to be in Maastrich by the
5th July for the Andre Rieu concert. Must get sticker.:D

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Should arrive in Trier on 26 June 2019 for saunter to Cochem. Have to be in Maastrich by the
5th July for the Andre Rieu concert. Must get sticker.:D

I do have one or two stickers, but will ask @Jim to send me some more for any funsters that dont have them.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
Last year's Moselle rolling meet was fantastic - one of the best trips we've made. We will be on our way back from Crete in June so every chance we'll be doing the Moselle again.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Life got in the way last year but now we’re retired and definitely doing Germany this June
See you there :)

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Thats the van loaded and we are off on Tuesday. First stop is Oyster at Northampton to get my Oyster reprogrammed so as not to miss Cora whilst away. Then down to Dover for the Dunkirk ferry Tuesday night. Grab a few hours kip in France before a steady trundle down to a campsite we use in the foothills of the Jura at Gex. I have a tour of CERN booked with my semi tame professor whilst there as am very interested in the horse drawn logging set up they have in house. Sit it out in Gex until 4 June when we fly out to Istanbul for a 4 day break, then on return make a steady drive up to Reil where we will quite possibly sit the summer out unless someone comes up with a better plan or I get itchy feet. Look forward to meeting old friends and new.

Jun 18, 2013
Essex, UK
Funster No
MH
Rapido 666F
Exp
Since 2015
Hi,

We're thinking of the Mosel this summer but can't leave the UK until mid-August. Will the Rolling Meet still have some momentum by then? Is late August and September a good time to visit? It looks like there are still wine festivals, etc, on at this time. We'll probably continue to southern Germany - Black Forest perhaps - or maybe head further south for some sun.

Tony

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi,

We're thinking of the Mosel this summer but can't leave the UK until mid-August. Will the Rolling Meet still have some momentum by then? Is late August and September a good time to visit? It looks like there are still wine festivals, etc, on at this time. We'll probably continue to southern Germany - Black Forest perhaps - or maybe head further south for some sun.

Tony
Last year there were some diehards still pottering around till end of September and as you quite rightfully say, winfests are still going on until then.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We are almost ready to depart towards Thetford for Jaws Big Bash Rally
Then we go to Harwich and on to Amsterdam then Moselle Valley via Frankfurt

Us too, then through the tunnel on Tuesday, down the French coast before heading to the Dordogne and then up the east side of France before heading to the Mosel.

Consequently, we’ll be keeping an eye on this thread.

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back