Morocco Visa Extension (1 Viewer)

Nomadic_Onion

Free Member
Mar 8, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
I travel on a UK passport. I'd like to stay in Morocco beyond the allowed 90 days. I met with the police here in Morocco and the requirements, while not onerous, are cumbersome in terms of forms to complete, get stamped etc. They also say I need a medical certificate. I checked with a campersite who said they could stamp all the forms and handle the extension without the need for a medical. Their fee was 1,000 dh. The fees are not an issue but I don't want the extension denied because a form wasn't included or not completed exactly as required.

I've also been told you can just exit and re-enter to get another 90 days from your new entry date. (Vehicle is allowed in Morocco for 180 days, so no issues with vehicle). My plan is to fly from Agadir to the Canary Islands for a week and return to Morocco, starting a new 90 days upon arrival again in Morocco.

My question is, will this work? Its certainly easier than gathering all the forms, completing them in quadruplicate, in blue ink, having them stamped etc. (Not exagerating)

Any advice?

Apr 9, 2015
🇵🇹
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Every day a schoolday
I've also been told you can just exit and re-enter to get another 90 days from your new entry date. (Vehicle is allowed in Morocco for 180 days, so no issues with vehicle). My plan is to fly from Agadir to the Canary Islands for a week and return to Morocco, starting a new 90 days upon arrival again in Morocco.
I think Tam Northernraider has met someone who has either already done this or is about to.

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
If you leave your mhome in Morocco and fly to the canaries there is potentially a chance you may not get back in. Why not just use your ferry return and then book another in Spain to get back, at least you won't have the worry of leaving your Mhome behind anywhere.

Just checked online and found this
https://www.journalofnomads.com/how-to-renew-your-morocco-visa/

Recommends leaving for a few days

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
I may be wrong but understand that to leave without your vehicle is not possible unless you lodge it with customs at Agadir or Marrakesh.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Plenty of campsites will sort it for you for various prices , 1000 dh sound a lot.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I travel on a UK passport. I'd like to stay in Morocco beyond the allowed 90 days. I met with the police here in Morocco and the requirements, while not onerous, are cumbersome in terms of forms to complete, get stamped etc. They also say I need a medical certificate. I checked with a campersite who said they could stamp all the forms and handle the extension without the need for a medical. Their fee was 1,000 dh. The fees are not an issue but I don't want the extension denied because a form wasn't included or not completed exactly as required.

My question is, will this work? Its certainly easier than gathering all the forms, completing them in quadruplicate, in blue ink, having them stamped etc. (Not exagerating)

Any advice?
Yes your vehicle is imported for 6 months , if you leave and return you'll get another 90 days , I've now met 3 couples here in Morocco who have done this over the last 2 weeks

OP
OP
Nomadic_Onion

Nomadic_Onion

Free Member
Mar 8, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
If you leave your mhome in Morocco and fly to the canaries there is potentially a chance you may not get back in. Why not just use your ferry return and then book another in Spain to get back, at least you won't have the worry of leaving your Mhome behind anywhere.

Just checked online and found this
https://www.journalofnomads.com/how-to-renew-your-morocco-visa/

Recommends leaving for a few days
Thanks Jim, I came in on a one way ticket from Italy and its a long drive to the ferry terminal ....

OP
OP
Nomadic_Onion

Nomadic_Onion

Free Member
Mar 8, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
I may be wrong but understand that to leave without your vehicle is not possible unless you lodge it with customs at Agadir or Marrakesh.

I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Plenty of campsites will sort it for you for various prices , 1000 dh sound a lot.
I know that's the situation in Turkiye but for Morocco its OK to fly out leaving your vehicle. Just wasnt sure about getting another 90 days ...

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
I thought they put an entry into your passport so they could check you still had the vehicle with you when you left the country.

OP
OP
Nomadic_Onion

Nomadic_Onion

Free Member
Mar 8, 2023
Funster No
MH
Chausson
I thought they put an entry into your passport so they could check you still had the vehicle with you when you left the country.
The stamp is mostly in Arabic but there's no little vehicle icon like there is in European countries showing entry/exit by car and I know a Cdn cpl who parked up and took a quick weekend trip to the Canary Islands to meet friends with no issues. They weren't looking to extend their stay though. I have the customs sticker for my vehicle but that's a separate document.

I'll let you know how it goes

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
Just wondering you are only allowed 90 days in the EU so if we left from the EU woul I be able to stay in Marco for 90 days and 90 days in the EU
Bill

15isto2

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 27, 2018
Funster No
Just wondering you are only allowed 90 days in the EU so if we left from the EU woul I be able to stay in Marco for 90 days and 90 days in the EU
Bill
The problem with that is your departure EU day and arrival Morocco count as a day in each country although they are only one day each country counts it in its 90 days. The only way arround it I can think of are the 2 or 3 day ferries to Italy and France but they are expensive.

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The problem with that is your departure EU day and arrival Morocco count as a day in each country although they are only one day each country counts it in its 90 days. The only way arround it I can think of are the 2 or 3 day ferries to Italy and France but they are expensive.
Two or three days won't matter as long as it doesn't count EU

Jul 27, 2011
Northants
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
20 years

Any advice?
I have some personal experience of this. On two separate occasions, I have flown back to the UK in the middle of my 90 day visa, leaving the van in Morocco.
On both occasions, I had no problems getting back. All I had to do was to complete a form at the airport prior to departure, telling the authorities where the van was parked. Hope that this helps.

Jul 27, 2011
Northants
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 728G
Exp
20 years

Any advice?
I have done this a couple of times in the past. Flew back to the UK and returned, leaving the van in Morocco. No problem, it reset my 90 days.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back